Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )  (Read 32250 times)

Offline Taras D

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Moto X Play
Re: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2017, 18:31:31 »
I found useful information about routing with Garmin devices here: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/6656

Garmin has a broad range of devices and they don't all behave the same way. According to someone on poi-factory, devices made before 2013 (like the Nuvi series) don't support shaping points correctly (they treat them exactly like via points ... and announce them).

This post includes a summary of the characteristics of shaping points:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaping Points Advantages:
1- You will not be alerted as you're navigating and arriving at a shaping point as you are when using waypoints/vias.
2- If you deviate purposely off your route, the unit will skip the upcoming shaping point and navigate you to your next shaping or waypoint.
The disadvantage of using only waypoints is when you deviate purposely off your route the unit will try to route you back to the waypoint that you didn't go through.
3- When using shaping points with certain units you're able to manually skip an upcoming shaping point.

Note: Shaping points do not contain arrival time or distance between points information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find the post now but I recall reading Shaping Points are exported as <rtept>. I guess this is easy to confirm by exporting a route (containing shaping points) from Basecamp and examining the output.

This is fascinating stuff and I look forward to using Route Planner when it arrives in the next (full) release.

PS
I like Josef's "floating slider" suggestion for adjusting the size of NoGo points.

Should the floating slider prove to be difficult to implement (avoid overlapping other onscreen controls) or to use (it's a narrow target and a finger tap might be misinterpreted as touching the map), then an alternate is to use FABs (Floating Action Buttons).

When a NoGo point has focus, two NoGo-sizing buttons could appear above the existing two zoom buttons ("+" and "-") on the right. The icon on the upper button can be a large circle (to indicate increasing the size of the NoGO) and a smaller circle on the lower button (to indicate reduction of the NoGo's size).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 18:34:07 by Taras D »

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2017, 00:18:07 »
Shaping points are not stored in metadata of saved track as I mentioned earlier.<snip> Will be fixed in next version.
@menion - can you clarify your quote - Shaping points are not saved in Locus internal database track metadata or external GPX file metadata? In my testing 3.25.5.2 Shaping points are saved to the internal database track metadata.

<snip> Will be fixed in next version.
What will be fixed?  My interpretation is most users in this forum topic would like Shaping points preserved.

Export of shaping points into GPX is currently not implemented. Still not sure, if this is needed at all ... we will see ;)
Export of shaping points into GPX (Locus V1.1) would allow full round-tripping of saved Locus-created route.

With the Route Planner it is faster to add a Shaping point than a Via point (naturally). Most times I don't need any Via points. BRouter automatically creates all Navigation points. If I find I want to steer the route along some different road then I would simply add Shaping points as necessary. But I do want to be able to edit that track later (not just restoring the route plan) and have any existing Shaping points restored for further editing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 00:39:59 by Andrew Heard »

Offline zhaelon

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2017, 04:35:47 »
Hey everyone,

Please excuse me if I did miss already discussed points. I tried to read the threads but may have skipped over some parts.

I would like to comment on the new route planner, as I make heavy use on the old one (about 30k miles planned with it) and just tested it during the last 2 days for our motorcycle vacation (still almost 1 week left).

First off, I really like the new design and it adds a lot of flexibility.

Please add me to those hoping that the meta data about the current routing profile is stored on a per point basis and that a recompute function is added using this information. I also have to switch profiles a lot and just by dragging a point (for example on a small byroad) the current profile is applied, which is usually the wrong one messing up a previously good route ;-)

What I am currently unable to do (maybe I missed it, as I only tried it a few times):

• Search for Google Places from within the planner (I can search for addresses, though this seems not intuitive) - I use this a lot to search for Hotels / Restaurants / etc while planning
  • Add a search result (address /Google Places)  to the database
  • Show currently hidden points from the database (access track/POI menu)
  • Switch maps from within the planner (access map menu)
  • Switch vector map theme from within the planner
  • Display the direct line between the points in addition to the routed path (was removed in some version between 2015 and now) - which was really useful as an overview for long distance planning
  • Read out the distance from route begin to a definition/whatever point (tool tip shows distance from GPS, which is meaningless for my plans)

That said, the route planner makes planning our motorcycle trips easier (allowing to better insert points in between) but makes it a lot more difficult by preventing access to several (for us) critical options (poi/track, map, themes). Also I do hope that the distance value will be changed / enhanced to display the distance from start and distance to end instead of distance to GPS.

Another thing which I would love to see (though I could not say if it is included or not): I know that the Locus Maps have a POI database. As I never downloaded anything from the Locus Store, I do not have them and use the free vector maps without them.
Nevertheless, it would be great for motorcycle trip planning if there was an option to show POI of a certain group (for example gas stations) *along the route* (say +- n km/mi, optional value). That should not be a dynamic option but a 'display GROUP (select) along the current route' button, which helps identify a POI (or multiple) to add as via point (or mark as 'visible') and then hide everything else again.

Currently I use Navigon Cruiser or Here we go (both work on Here maps and its POI database) to find the nearest gas station offline and add them manually to the route :-)

Best wishes,
zhaelon

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2017, 08:47:02 »
Nevertheless, it would be great for motorcycle trip planning if there was an option to show POI of a certain group (for example gas stations) *along the route* (say +- n km/mi, optional value). That should not be a dynamic option but a 'display GROUP (select) along the current route' button, which helps identify a POI (or multiple) to add as via point (or mark as 'visible') and then hide everything else again.
@zhaelon - interesting post. Your suggestion above is not quite the same as my existing help topic but you still may like to vote for it. Currently 12 votes.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2017, 14:21:34 »
*** BETA version 3.25.5.3 ***

I believe that Route planner is now close to what I can imagine as first usable public version.

@zhaelon: thanks for a complex feedback. Faster access to content ( mainly points ) is something a) I'm surprised that more people does not want, b) is something I'm aware of and that definitely will be improved, but not as the first iteration of Route planner.
Current workaround is to close planner, change what is needed and return back. Two clicks more, not a big problem for now I believe.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xperia M, Alcatel One Touch II, Samsung A3 (2017)
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2017, 23:00:28 »
BETA version 3.25.5.3
The new NOGO points with the option of setting the validity and the diameter of the circle are much better. However, I would ask for the possibility of setting a smaller diameter, ideally 15 m. This would be enough for most roads and would not overlap with other roads like SCR NOGO.jpg
There are still minor translation errors. Automatically added commands are in English. EN. But if I add the command manually, then it appears in Czech, see. CZ.

CZ:
Nové NOGO body s možností nastavení platnosti a průměru kružnice jsou mnohem lepší. Poprosil bych ale o možnost nastavení menšího průměru, ideálně tak 15 m. To by mělo stačit na většinu silnic a nepřekrývalo by to další cesty jako u SCR NOGO.jpg
Ještě jsou menší chyby v překladu. Automaticky přidané příkazy jsou v angličtině, viz. EN. Pokud ale přidám příkaz ručně, pak se zobrazuje česky, viz. CZ.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2017, 00:27:08 »
Thanks for suggestions Andrew. I'll look on texts a lot lot deeper next week with Michal.

And recompute ... ah I made a small gift for you just for testing for now and forget to mention. Try to long-click on big blue "choose source" icon in bottom left. Hope it is enabled in Beta :).
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2017, 00:38:21 »
*** BETA version 3.25.5.3 *** @zhaelon: <snip> a) I'm surprised that more people does not want
+1

3.25.5.3 - wow excellent NOGO functionality.

1) I still observe when a NOGO is deleted the track segment is not recomputed. See also my point #3.

2) I like the new item description "Part <N> of plan" when track segment is selected. However I think there is potential confusion between track point and track segment (part N). For example if I tap track segment, popup says multiple items, I tap "Part 1 of plan" but then next popup says "Trackpoint". So user is confused - did I just select a track point or part 1? And what is the difference? Is there a track point? Tap anywhere along a track segment/ part and you get the same point. Maybe replace "Trackpoint" popup with "Part <N>"?

3) I still can't force manual recompute of a track segment or whole route. How do you suggest I recompute track if I chose a different profile?

I would really like to use the new Route Planner instead of external BRouter method - http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning:brouter but until manual recompute after selection of BRouter profile is possible then it is still too many taps. I still suggest two menu items: A) Trackpoint popup > Recompute, and B) Tools menu > Recompute all.

4) If I tap 10mm away from a Nav point along track, I want to display "Trackpoint" popup, but I never get option, the Nav point pop is always displayed. Shouldn't a "Selected items" listing <Nav point> and "Part <N>" be displayed?

5) "Selected items" popup should be renamed "Select an item".

6) Existing track > Route Planner > Tools > Save Plan. I have now saved this plan as a copy of original track. How do I modify existing track, not saving a copy? If I save with same name, I get two tracks (existing/ new) with same name.

7) Existing track > Route Planner > modify, for example add Shaping point > Back button > Route Planner > Shaping point is lost. Is this a bug?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 00:50:15 by Andrew Heard »

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G3 MM 6.01
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2017, 09:24:42 »
And recompute .... Try to long-click on big blue "choose source" icon in bottom left
perfect thanks :)
I would ask for the possibility of setting a smaller diameter, ideally 15 m.
+1

set a nogo point valid for the currend day isn´t possible :-[
Locus PRO 3.39.4

Offline T-mo

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: One+3
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2017, 11:45:06 »
 BETA version 3.25.5.3
 route planner:
  • while moving the map I accidentally moved a red point, very sensitive..maybe adding some touch-delay is usefull - also still love the simplicity of changing parts of the route quickly. pro vs contra :D
  • did some badass-stuff ::) I added a nogo-point not that far away from a shaping-point and changed the radius. With recomputing the message shows 'route connot be computed'. Maybe checking the distance(shaping, nogo) < radius(nogo) at changing nogo-point-definition and giving a short info makes sense?
  • recomputing (long press blue-profile-icon): syntax, message starts with T:  (T:Do you want to recompute..)
  • Tools > statistics >show chart. I set a chart with altitude vs distance. Selecting a point and hitting the 'show on map'-button puts you out of route planner. it's okay but I exspected the cursor to be moved to the point within route planner
  • Tools > statistics: maybe an aditional list of the shaping points is usefull, shaping points then also editable?
  • Tools > Travel time: there are no profiles for cars, even though I planned the route with a car-profile. I would like to define some profiles (fast, eco,..) just to get an idea. Of course traffic can change a lot, but as a first approach it would be nice
edit: changed to unordered list-style
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:49:56 by T-mo »

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2017, 12:04:03 »
And recompute .... Try to long-click on big blue "choose source" icon in bottom left
@balloni55 - thank you! I must have missed that comment. Not as intuitive as menu item, but good enough for me now I know the secret.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2017, 12:10:30 »
BETA version 3.25.5.3
 route planner:
    while moving the map I accidentally moved a red point, very sensitive..maybe adding some touch-
@T-mo - use the Undo button (top left arrow) if you accidentally move a red point

Tools > Travel time: there are no profiles for cars, even though I planned the route with a car-profile. I would like to define some profiles (fast, eco,..) just to get an idea. Of course traffic can change a lot, but as a first approach it would be nice
@T-mo - I suggested similar 9 months ago - only 3 votes - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/provide-vehicle-types-for-travel-time-calculation - please vote for my suggestion. Seems crazy to me there is BRouter profile for car but can't calculate travel time.[/list]

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 2017
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2017, 20:08:09 »
Hello
I tested the very good job you did with route planner.
I noticed that fast car with locus profile avoids motorway but I have nothing checked in the avoid options, but the positive and negative gain are correct.
With brouter profile fast car the route use motorway but positive and negative gain goes crazy.  I think it's due to the high number of tunnel in this case the gain is of the above mountain.

If you clear then route the nogo points are not cleared so you need to find them on the map and delete one by one.

I think that can also be helpful if we can move nogo points.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2017, 23:49:21 »
And recompute ... ah I made a small gift for you just for testing for now and forget to mention. Try to long-click on big blue "choose source" icon in bottom left. Hope it is enabled in Beta :).
@menion - beautiful gift - thank you.

Offline 0709

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 SM-T235 A5.5.1 MI A2 Lite A9
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2017, 10:28:40 »
The new Planning tool.

A: Need track snap to road, caused by fast tap unprecise refpoint position actions. (Quick Point)

B: Actual Planning: Create Shaping Point is Fast.  Create (standard) Via Point is Slow(er).
Previous version(s): First tap Shaping Point. Next tap (at same position) Via Point.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 14:07:03 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.39.2