Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )  (Read 32537 times)

Online menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2017, 18:01:58 »
@Žajdlík Josef:
- understand, let's try it with 25m.
- about translations: well probably side effect of work-in-progress

@Andrew Heard:
#160:
1), 3) ... I still do not know how to handle it correctly, so as you already know, temporary solution over "long click".
2) hmm you are correct. Number of trackpoint within a segment is not necessary I believe, but information that this is a certain trackpoint within a track is. And it is not clear from simple "Part <N>". So what about simply "Point from part N"?
4) I expect here that in most cases you (as an user) will want to deal with these special points, not directly with trackpoints. So in case, via-point or shaping point are the only interesting points under clicked place, they are immediately selected instead of choice. There is always option to zoom in more to select required trackpoint more precisely.
5) thanks, make sense
6) again for my surprise, no one complains till now :). I was thinking about dialog with simple options "Overwrite" or "Save as new". 
7) it is important to keep in mind, that route planner is made of planning of new route. If you on existing track tap on "Route planner", track is loaded to planner, but there is no connection to original track! This should be solved by point 6), but I'm really worried to save changes immediately to original track.

@balloni55:
hmm today is first of October ... damn, another year with Locus passed :). Anyway if you set validity of Nogo point to 1. 10. it is more common that this 1. 10. point will be still valid right? Consider as fixed.

@T-mo:
- notification on nogo placed near shaping point: well, not sure how to deal with it for now anyway notification is not ideal here I think. It is usually clearly visible where nogo was placed and that cover also existing shaping point.
- syntax with T: ignore it, "T:" means feature feature in progress
- Tools > statistics >show chart : good point, I always forget to solve it, thanks. Unfortunately I have no simple solution here for now, so best to hide this icon for now.
- list of shaping points: really hope this is not necessary
- travel times: yep, there are made mainly for hike & bike without possibility to edit, for now

@lor74cas:
"fast car with Locus profile" means? :). And yes, tunnels cause troubles, because Locus compute elevation on the surface of terrain. Quite hard problem for now ...

@0709:
- snap to road: hmm ... how to simply do it? Unfortunately there is still no interaction with underlying map.
- fast change shaping > via-points: you are right, in previous old version, tap on shaping point caused change to via-point. But now, it is also needed to offer change of location and option to delete it, so simple tap is not useful here, hmm.
To be true, I'm still not convinced that Via-points are needed to be used so often! I still consider them as points, that I really wants to visit and that I wants to be notified about. Such points are quite rare compare to shaping points, aren't they? Also, when you create new point from existing point on map, it is already created as "via point", so it save some time.
So my final decision for now: faster creating of via-points is not needed. I'll anyway see when Route planner will be used by less skilled users ;).
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G3 MM 6.01
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2017, 19:22:07 »
some nogo behavior is really a NOGO ;)
1. for test i added a few  nogo points while planing a route and saved this route.
Starting to my geocache tour i open a listing and select "navigate to".
After a while i wondered why i am not guided the nearest/fastest route to my target. :-[
Now i noticed that each  "nogo point" inside any saved route is aktivated/considered :-\

2. nogo points created with "Quick point" and store it to point folder are also considered while "Navigate to" although this nogo point is hidden :o
Locus PRO 3.39.4

Online menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2017, 19:25:21 »
@0709:
It is really not technically possible to do offline some road-snapping.

Do not like Via Points functionality anymore? ... don't get me wrong. I love via-points and I find them super useful!! I only wanted mention, that even during my field testing during vacation, I found that usage of these points should be mainly for really important and interesting places that I want to know about during ride. So I expect, there will be usually a lot less via-points in finished route plan then basic shaping points, that's all.

Navigate by autorecalculate to Point makes no sense if your track does not contain at least one or multiple medium Via/info Points.... in case you plan round trip, then yes of course.

@balloni55:
1. nogo points are globally defined for a whole Locus ( so Route planner & real navigation ). They are not sticked to planner route only. Effect is same as when you used (old system) NOGOXX named points before.
2. I have absolutely no control over this, you have to write Arndt because of this. Anyway I believe that this weird system won't be no longer needed.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xperia M, Alcatel One Touch II, Samsung A3 (2017)
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2017, 20:32:03 »
Perceptions of using NOGO points.
1) The "ignore NOGO" option should be added to the route planning menu. This option would also be saved with the route. The point is that NOGO will be used mainly where you can not go by car or bike. However, if I plan a hiking trail, I can go through the NOGO areas through the pavement.
2) It would be good to add a "show NOGO" option to the "Quick Settings" option. It would be good for driving when I do not navigate, but I would like to avoid the streets. Similarly, it would be useful to control NOGO, which should already be removed.

CZ:
1) hodilo by se do menu plánování trasy přidat volbu "ignorovat NOGO". Tato volba by se ukládala i s trasou. Jde o to, že NOGO se budu používat hlavně tam, kde nelze projet třeba autem nebo na kole. Pokud ale plánuji trasu pro turistiku, mohu oblastmi s NOGO body projít třeba po chodníku.
2) bylo by dobré třeba do "rychlých nastavení" přidat možnost "zobrazit NOGO" Hodilo by se to za jízdy když nejedu podle navigace, ale přesto bych se chtěl vyhnout neprůjedným ulicím. Stejně tak by to využitelné pro kontrolu NOGO, které už by bylo vhodné odstranit.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2017, 01:55:09 »
@Žajdlík Josef:
- understand, let's try it with 25m.
+1

@Andrew Heard:
2) hmm you are correct. <snip> So what about simply "Point from part N"?
+1

@Andrew Heard:
6) again for my surprise, no one complains till now :). I was thinking about dialog with simple options "Overwrite" or "Save as new". 
7) it is important to keep in mind, that route planner is made of planning of new route. If you on existing track tap on "Route planner", track is loaded to planner, but there is no connection to original track! This should be solved by point 6), but I'm really worried to save changes immediately to original track.
Menu > Route Planner > create new route... of course. But track > Route Planner > edit existing route > ("Save" > "yes|no") | "Save as new".  This is behavior of RWGPS system too.

I still question this sequence:
  • add NOGO
  • auto recalc
  • delete NOGO
  • no auto recalc but expect to be able to reverse operation (manual undo)
I still think add NOGO should have undo. And Delete NOGO should force auto recalc. It won't be obvious to a user to long-tap the Compute Source icon for Recalc All.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:01:11 by Andrew Heard »

Offline 0709

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 SM-T235 A5.5.1 MI A2 Lite A9
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2017, 10:21:11 »
Shaping Point(s) into exported gpx ?
As ONLY Locus must recognise/reconstruct.
Shaping Point indicator in trkpt attribute <type>
<trkpt lat="51.0529732704163" lon="3.99975299835205">
<type>Shape</type>
</trkpt>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 14:02:15 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.39.2

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard

Online menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2017, 15:55:34 »
@Žajdlík Josef,
1) not so easy here to satisfy all options. Best should be probably define in every Nogo point it's validity to car/bike/foot based profiles. Then you should define it as nogo for car & bike and allow it for foot automatically.
2) (something to better handle them) later ;)

Other problems/questions/ideas related to no-go areas was probably already few times discussed. As I mentioned before, no-go areas won't be in next public version yet. I keep in mind all feedback, thanks for it, but no more changes around no-go areas will be implemented to next version(s) for now, sorry.

I need gather some more feedback from other, less skilled users + probably do one more usability testing that we from time to time do in our office on real users that usually never heard about Locus Map. Thanks for understanding.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 2017
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2017, 18:41:24 »
Hello,
This is what I mean with Locus or brouter profile

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2017, 19:34:11 »
1) The "ignore NOGO" option should be added to the route planning menu. This option would also be saved with the route. The point is that NOGO will be used mainly where you can not go by car or bike. However, if I plan a hiking trail, I can go through the NOGO areas through the pavement.

Note that the original BRouter nogo system can activate nogos separately for each profile, resp. transportation mode. E.g. all nogos for cars, some for bikes, none for pedestrians.
And yes, they are considered globally, so not limited to a particular route.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 19:35:53 by poutnikl »
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline LocusUser#1

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 (2017)
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2017, 20:09:27 »
Last Beta, new "Modify track" editor

1. The tool button (in the red circle) has no function.

2. For what we need the function jump to the gps position (in the green circle). For me the function is superfluous.

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2017, 20:13:22 »

Note that the original BRouter nogo system can activate nogos separately for each profile, resp. transportation mode. E.g. all nogos for cars, some for bikes, none for pedestrians.
And yes, they are considered globally, so not limited to a particular route.
IMHO when I use the clear route button if I have a pop up to choose to: clear all nogo/profile nogo/current visible nogo points or something similar should be helpful.
I used the nogo points to avoid some sections of a track for a hike but next time  I do not want the nogo still there and to give them all an expieration of a week is tedious.

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2017, 21:16:46 »
IMHO when I use the clear route button if I have a pop up to choose to: clear all nogo/profile nogo/current visible nogo points or something similar should be helpful.
I used the nogo points to avoid some sections of a track for a hike but next time  I do not want the nogo still there and to give them all an expieration of a week is tedious.

I do not agree with Arndt - the BRouter author - on nogo usage philosophy. IMHO, nogo points should serve as really nogo points, permanent(e.g. really bad road or always traffic jams or whatever) or temporary ( e.g. road fixing).  They should not be used as "negative viapoints/shapepoints".
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2017, 22:25:08 »

I do not agree with Arndt - the BRouter author - on nogo usage philosophy. IMHO, nogo points should serve as really nogo points, permanent(e.g. really bad road or always traffic jams or whatever) or temporary ( e.g. road fixing).  They should not be used as "negative viapoints/shapepoints".
Sometimes I'm so lazy that I prefer to give just two points, start and end, so I use nogo to block the route on unwanted trails.
I don't know what is the main purpose of nogo points, this is the use sometimes I made of them. So if we can use nogo also in this way why don't give them a more user friendly menu to clear them after use?

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2017, 22:41:52 »
If there is more than one way to use no-gos, surely we need options to use them in those different ways.
I should not design an app so that everyone has to do it my way!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2017, 23:30:14 »
Shaping Point(s) into exported gpx ?
As ONLY Locus must recognise/reconstruct.
Shaping Point indicator in trkpt attribute <type>
<trkpt lat="51.0529732704163" lon="3.99975299835205">
<type>Shape</type>
</trkpt>
+1 = would allow round trip GPX export/ import of route plan