[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

michaelbechtold

Now the grid KMLs for the "continents" are completed - see attachments (limit is 4, hence a second post to follow) ...

This dropbox link contains all KML files, as well as the XLS from which they are created (use "save copy" in LibreOffice, csv format): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m9dorglj0o85bys/AAAZ3daiOJZ0aELhay8v1uJPa?dl=0

@gynta: if you love and missed Scandinavia - here you have it. If you were concerned about the "add-ons" to Europe in the South-East - the boundaries I use are not a political or geographical statement, but rather eased my manual work considerably :-)

•  

michaelbechtold

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: michaelbechtold on March 29, 2016, 22:23:34
Now the grid KMLs for the "continents" are completed - see attachments (limit is 4, hence a second post to follow) ...
@michaelbechtold - I am unclear of trade-off between your special KML and ordinary HGT files? Is purpose just to drastically reduce the number of files? Is there speed advantage? Where should KML file be placed and/or Locus configured to use? I tried replacing all HGT files with single KML file but then hill shading no longer worked. Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any help.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 29, 2016, 23:48:55
@michaelbechtold - I am unclear of trade-off between your special KML and ordinary HGT files? Is purpose just to drastically reduce the number of files? Is there speed advantage? Where should KML file be placed and/or Locus configured to use? I tried replacing all HGT files with single KML file but then hill shading no longer worked. Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any help.

Someone has complained that forcing download of HGTs from Locus itself requires a lot of manual zig-zag track creation, to trigger the downloads via "fill elevation". Those KMLs create points at each 1' for the "continents". Then you go to the folder, make those you want visible/selected, and fill elevation, so you get the HGTs :-)
The selection can be eased by placing the cursor in the middle of the country/region, sort by distance, then select first x points. Not ideal. Of course I'd love a ribbon selection of points on the map :-)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 29, 2016, 23:48:55

PS: I downloaded the HGTs via PC and copy to SD card, but I was tempted by the exercise over Easter ... :-)
  •  

Andrew Heard

OK thanks Michael. Makes more sense now.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

joeloc

Speaking about "unclear" icons... I always wondered why the symbol to start track recording is a big fat green triangle PLAY icon :-).

This is totally counter intuitive for me... because PLAY is basically the exact opposite of RECORD ever since the invention of cassette players. Just cosmetics obviously... and maybe it's just me...
  •  

LocusUser#1

Yes, the symbol is wrong, I agree with you 100%.
  •  

Menion

"I ALWAYS wondered" ... you mean always last few months? And what you suggest guys? White circle like we had before http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:recording:panel#track_monitoring (Michal not yet refreshed these screenshots). We received many emails with question how to start track recording, now we don't have such emails. That's all ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on March 31, 2016, 12:54:09
"I ALWAYS wondered" ... you mean always last few months?
More or less... the icon seemed so unlikely out of place that I basically thought it was a leftover april fools joke or some such :-).

A record icon has been a (red) circle since the beginning of time:
https://www.google.de/search?q=record+icon&tbm=isch

A play icon has been a triangle since the beginning of time:
https://www.google.de/search?q=play+icon&tbm=isch

But hey... if it works for your users... by all means... never mind. There are by far more important construction sites in Locus.
  •  

Menion

Well, you don't have to explain it to me :). Fully agree that rec circle = rec button on every possible devices since begin. Why circle symbol was not working? Don't know. We inspired by greed triangle used by Endomondo ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.endomondo.android - second screenshot ) and problems on support disappeared. Heh ... crazy

EDIT: to be true, as I think about it, maybe it was a combination of more changes as time flow ... hard to say now ;)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Live tracking: icon info still misses speed information. I hope we agree that horizontal distance, speed and direction are relevant for this feature. Your buddy will hardly fall out of the sky nor climb up from center of the planet ... ;-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

•  

gynta

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
just found that Locus has trouble with MapsForge Multi-Language map files.
Why is that, pls ?
And when can you fix this ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •