Locus Store

Started by jusc, March 06, 2015, 16:43:34

tramp20

Quote from: menion on July 05, 2015, 10:46:44
About usage maps on different device: check if you have in Locus Store enabled exactly same account you used for purchase.

Yes, I have only one account and I controlled this: on all phones the same LoCoins value is shown.

On my Bluestacks phone free and pro asked now for access to my Google account and now the Alpstein map is shown.

On my second smartphone the map is now shown too after several clicks to the store and my account without a message.

So perhaps all is ok then.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

additional info to
Quotemapsize 88MB, ZL10-15
in ZL15 map covers in my example ~35x40 km
and not as discribed
QuoteEach packet covers area of approfimately 50×60 kms and contains maps of several zooms equivalent down to 1:25000

EDIT
so next question is:
if i download 2 maps side by side
- do they touch at ZL10 and i have a gap at ZL 15?
or
- do they overlap at ZL 10 and touch at ZL15 ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: balloni55 on July 05, 2015, 12:57:10

if i download 2 maps side by side
- do they touch at ZL10 and i have a gap at ZL 15?
or
- do they overlap at ZL 10 and touch at ZL15 ?

I have downloaded 4 maps and I see no gaps in all ZL 10-15.

I need two maps for my little village :-)

The main disadvantage are IMHO the layers: it looks terrible.

without any layer:

with MTB layer:

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on July 05, 2015, 10:46:44
Guys, if map in zoom 15 has more then 100 MB, then one same map in zoom 17 will be at least 1600 MB, single map!

So that's you who has set this limit?
At least the ZL should go to 16

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

I'll forward this discussion to Petr, once he return from vacation (not sure, maybe tomorrow) as he is main guy behind "what you see". I'm just a guy who make it work in Locus :).

Anyway layers ... it was quite long discussion also with guys from OutdoorActive. If I remember correctly, both layers use exactly same source of data. So when we took zoom 16 and zoom 15 resizes to 200% in Locus, result was almost identical!!! So to save you space on card and money (mas will be otherwise little bit more expensive) and also to reduce download time from more then 2 hours per map!!!, we decide to this solution.

Anyway I'm not saying it is a final. It may change of course. From my point of view, it needs some usage in the field. I'm also heading to Austria Alps in second half of July so I'll be using only these maps to test how usable zoom 15 + scaling is. Then we should open discussion again, possible? Thanks for opinions, they are welcome.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

IGN
after the trial period has expired - i can't reach the store with mapmanager -> IGN
see clip...
need cat logfile?

gynta

about outdooractive
thx for slope

too bad, it's only for winter
because i'm sure the area isn't  flat in summertime...  :)

gynta

about Map1.eu
online i was able to zoom at level 17
after download from store max zoom was 15
fine!, no problem in respect of size and low pice.
but PLEASE! it would be nice to have an information before we tap "purchase"

Menion

hello gynta, thank you for a very useful feedback, as usually!

- IGN maps, fixed, thanks
- slope ... hmm we discuss it a lot. Problem with summer maps is that it already contains a huge amount of layers and every extra layer increase time required for download of offline map a lot. So we decided that this layer is less required compare to others.
- Map1.eu - I'll also forward this to Petr.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

Hi
sorry for late response. I was on vacation there are some comments:

@tramp20
Actualization of OA maps - OA service updates maps continuously as they receive change from their partners or the users. This is official answer from OA Alpenstein. I cannot say that map is completely new but it's possible to say that some parts were updates.
MTB tracks – well it's complicated for us to influence it. More complicated are long distance hiking and long distance cycling trails that have the same appearance.  However I'll forward your notes to the OA managers. On the other side they use this system for long time, so I hope that they have more experiences then we in Locus :)

@tramp20 @gynta
The speed – the first request to the store can take about 20 – 30 seconds. I mean the first from all Locus apps in custom version. The result is cached for about 1 – 3 hours (every Locus version has own cache). It's possible to say that one request from thousands can really take 20 – 30 seconds. The rest should take about couple of seconds. The average latency is about 300 - 500ms. Would you please try non-testing version of Locus to check the speed?

@Christian
Content of OA maps – your issue could be also caused due to testing version. Do you get different result also right now with standard Locus Pro/Free version?

@Balloni
Thank you I'll improve the description. And neighbors maps should touch at ZL15
  •  

Christian

Quote from: voldapet on July 07, 2015, 14:43:30
@Christian
Content of OA maps – your issue could be also caused due to testing version. Do you get different result also right now with standard Locus Pro/Free version?

I was using NON-Beta = 3.9.x Pro final.
Just now testet with latest 3.10.3. Needed 8sec until the list from store is generated. All fine.
But the question was why is there a difference between
map -> details -> store ...and
map -> store.
The same list  should be generated by the server.
But in general.... for me it works :)
  •  

voldapet

@ Christian
That's weird. Would you please send me screenshots of results:
1. Maps > Onlinse > Outdooractive summer > menu > Store
2. Maps > Onlinse > Outdooractive summer > menu > Details > Store
  •  

gynta

@Christian
Different? hm, very very small difference :)

@Petr
about loading time - forget it - it took 5 seconds now to first list and 10 to a very large list in a federal state.

but what about
Quote from: gynta on July 06, 2015, 00:44:22
...Map1.eu
?

tramp20

Hi,
is it possible to add a legend to the different layers (colors of the shown tracks)?
Alpstein should have this info somewhere.

User ID acc406201
  •  

voldapet

@gynta
Map1.eu - I know, but it's little bit more complicated and I want to discuss it with our copywriter. It's similar to balloni's post about missing zoom-level information. I want to find the best way how to say: "This map is available only to zoom-level=15"  The problem is that nobody knows what zoom-level is. For this reason we started to use comparison to paper map scale. Maybe it's not ideal? 
  •