[APP] - version 3.0.X+ (updated 29.6.2014)

Started by Menion, May 29, 2014, 13:28:57

silber1

Installed version 27.6.14 on my Note 10.1 with Android 4.4.2
I had made a map-directory on the extsdcard before.
Installing Locus on mnt/sdcard and adding maps as described in the forum worked.

So I am able to use Locus on my 4.4.2 device. But there is no chance to delete, rename or move any mapfile. Dammed 4.4.2!
But at least I can still work with Locus.

But how to proceed if I want to add a new map or update a map?
Is the only way to remove the sdcard, putting into pc make all the actions and then put it again into Smartphone 4.4.2   :(
  •  

Bucky Kid

I found a bug on latest beta 3.2.2: Initiating a navigation from waypoint or temporary point screen without active GPS closes the navigation dialog early.
  •  

balloni55

B 3.0.2.2
# 53 not fixed :-[

If i try to open a WPT without visible koords e.g. "final" of a multicache locus stop after a short time :o, with pro it work :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks, fixed

@eldron: thanks, also should be fixed now.

@silber1: all apps suffer from this issue, not just Locus. Anyway in current Locus Beta version is one partial solution. You may select directory on external card that has read access for Locus only, to be root directory and move all data to this directory. All have to be move manually, so it's not yet perfect.

@bucky kid: ah you're right. It's because of a small change in "navigation" button in point screen (long click function), thanks fixed

@balloni: oki, so second try for #53 in next version. And thanks for ugly bug in "waypoints" - fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

@menion
what happens, when I load a new or an updated map from Locus Store into my 4.4.2 smartphone?
I think it will go into the internal memory.
Will Locus acces it from this place or must it tranfered to the extenal map-directory by hand and pc and putting sdcard out and in again?
Maybe this could done by a litte extra programm helping to make this transfer?
  •  

michaelbechtold

@silber1: Locus allows more than one directory with maps, on internal and external SD. I have four of them I think. For .map files and sqlbd.
Go to map management - there you find "add map" function with navigation
  •  

stebu

The "always screen on, when connected to external power" is great!

But I have a doubt, that the external power status is checked only when Locus is turned on, not constantly.
Because it sometime works, sometimes not.
The external power should be checked, when Locus is about to switch the screen off.
  •  

Menion

thanks stebu, I've improved this system so Locus will now correctly react also on plug-in of charger (and also unplug)
  •  

Christian

There are two possibilities to switch the display on when external power is connected:
One in Android, one in Locus.
You have to decide...
  •  

tramp20

@menion

to the newest test version 3.0.2.5:
The search for the best Locus main dir is really bad.
I have a very fast Smartphone (rooted Android 4.4.4, quad core 2.2 GHz) with two sdcards. Locus test version decided at the first start that my external sdcard1 is the best, but there are only my maps; the main dir is sdcard0.
So the first start needs at least 5 minutes and it seemed that Locus moved the main dir to the sdcard1.

I had to restore my last config backup :-(

You should not define the card with the biggest storage to the main dir if a main dir already exists. At least you should ask what to do in this case.

My second old slow smartphone with only one sdcard needed at least 15 minutes to start the new test version (maps organizing and so on).

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Hi tramp,

thanks for a report.

It's weird that Locus changed main dir without notice. You should see screen with choose of directories at locus start (when something change compare to previous app start). It wasn't there?

And 10/15 minutes - i was initializing of maps? It's just one time action that was probably done for a new folder.

And btw. it was fresh install of test version or update?
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on July 03, 2014, 07:45:06

1. It's weird that Locus changed main dir without notice. You should see screen with choose of directories at locus start (when something change compare to previous app start). It wasn't there?

2. And 10/15 minutes - i was initializing of maps? It's just one time action that was probably done for a new folder.

3 And btw. it was fresh install of test version or update?

To 1:
I could of course choose between sdcard0 and sdcard1, but as this was an update Locus should not propose sdcard1 when the existing main directory already exists on sdcard0. The choose of sdcard1 (with more storage) on an Android 4.4.4 phone is not a useful  option :-(  Locus should warn here.

To 2.
This was an update too on my second phone and no change of map folders. At the next starts there was not this long delay.

To 3:
It was every time an upgrade from the latest test version.

I could attach a log file of the first start.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Oki, thanks, understand. So in the end, there is no problem.

I don't want to explain it precisely, but I had to change a little bit way how Locus search for root directory. And it should have influence during start so that's why you saw screen that "Something has change on filesystem".

One of problems in Android is that on your SD card points too much various symlinks that's it's not always easy to pick correct path. And in your case, new way of searching probably found different symlink.

Anyway topic closed now. Maybe it don't look like on first side, but we did with Peter a quite big changes in Locus, mainly around loading of external libraries, also some changes around checking license and security. So now we can finally start work on adding additional map providers. I'm also interested who will be first :)
  •