[APP] - version 2.18.X+ (updated 10.2.2014)

Started by Menion, January 03, 2014, 12:35:10

Menion

hmm I'm anyway sure that what I did is correct. In this case, it's a problem of video recorders.

For example that one on my SGS2 record video to file, but when I stop record, there is no confirm button. So I press back and it return to Locus information - "failed" even that video was correctly recorded. Nevermind - when this "failed" response come back, I firstly check if requested file is recorded and if so, I just add it to the list. You may always delete it within Locus directly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

new test version 2.18.0.10

@gynta: sorry, I forget to check once more help texts, so problem is probably still there.
  •  

rkirmeier

First of all thanks for taking another look at the Garmin (IMG) maps! Here are some of my thoughts/requests.

1. Ability to hide or resize lables - too large now and very distracting from the objects on the map. Of if they would disappear at higher levels that would also be helpful.

2. Ability to overlay and have complete transparency where the background is. This would allow to overlay on a terrain, sat map, or even a vector map. Basically providing the trails from the img overlaid on a standard vector or more detailed sat/terrain map.

3. Some way to emphasize/enlarge/set color of objects on the img map. Basically just need to be able to make the trails and objects larger/thicker to see better when overlaid on another map.
  •  

Menion

understand
ad 1. - as I wrote in first post, I don't to work with labels now. They need a lot of work and I do not want to invest it now
ad 2. - should be possible if there will be any menu with settings for img maps. Anyway I should make it automatic as well as for mapsForge vector maps. So if IMG map will be used as overlay, it will be transparent
ad 3. - this is exactly what I don't want to do now. My priority for now, is to create one! universal theme for all img maps, mainly focused on hike & bike.
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,

maybe there is a problem with loading maps downloaded with Oruxmaps with new test version 2.18.0.10. You can't see this maps, only text 'loading...'.

Last weeks I downloaded a lot of maps from IGM (Italian 'Istituto Geografico Militaire') to get ready for my next hike. With Locus Pro 2.18.0 it's all OK. Same with previous Pro and Free versions.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

I'll check it and fix immediatelly, thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7

•  

biship

None of my personal sqllitedb maps load with the Feb 5 update. They just say loading.
I even removed them, cleared all caches and re-added them.
Previous test from Jan 31 worked (as does pro).
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: biship on February 05, 2014, 19:28:09
None of my personal sqllitedb maps load with the Feb 5 update. They just say loading.

I can confirm this. Personal map loads only on startup, after first hcange to other raster map stucks a loading tiles.Vector maps load fine, and online not tried.
  •  

Menion

thank you. I have to try more devices, because again on one I use for developing, it works :/
  •  

rkirmeier

Quote from: menion on February 05, 2014, 17:53:52
understand
ad 1. - as I wrote in first post, I don't to work with labels now. They need a lot of work and I do not want to invest it now
ad 2. - should be possible if there will be any menu with settings for img maps. Anyway I should make it automatic as well as for mapsForge vector maps. So if IMG map will be used as overlay, it will be transparent
ad 3. - this is exactly what I don't want to do now. My priority for now, is to create one! universal theme for all img maps, mainly focused on hike & bike.

Without some type of control of labels it's kind of useless for me. OruxMaps has a couple dozen switches for Garmin maps.

See examples below - same map...

Locus:

OruxMaps:
  •  

gynta

Quotelist of live tracking services needs refresh after new entry.
works

QuoteOnline maps: After zooming -> some tiles are missing. In actual screen. scrolling map works -> no tiles missing.
huge bug still exists  :'(

Quotesave navigation route -> add new folder -> failed
works

QuotePOI Location: 2 visible lines would be nice.
works

QuotePOI Add Video
works now after press system "back" button

Quotecrowdin
done

Quote from: biship on February 05, 2014, 19:28:09None of my personal sqllitedb maps load
confirmed

biship

Quote from: menion on February 05, 2014, 20:13:16
thank you. I have to try more devices, because again on one I use for developing, it works :/

If it helps, I am running a US Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III w/Android 4.4.2.
And I created my SQLITE DB's with Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.15 (and they worked up until todays build).
  •  

gynta

Close Locus with "Minimize" - > missing an icon on the top info bar -> intent?

Menion

uff I'm dead .. sorry for no response. I finally make map loading work as needed. Anyway I'll do some precise testing tomorrow, because I don't want to make from you testing rabits in this case. There was just a few minor problems with loading of map tiles, but after some small changes in code, I was unable to make it work as before :). So result seems to be finally loading map without any issue and as a bonus, it looks it's a little bit faster and less CPU intensive now.

So working version tomorrow. Good night

@gynta: hmm yes, it is intent. It's same as when you press home button. Even here Locus do not display any notification icon .. never thought about it - you mean it's needed?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on February 06, 2014, 22:51:31...yes, it is intent. It's same as when you press home button.
Absolutely right - the same! - so why should i need another button?  ;D

Quote...you mean it's needed?...
Yes, think so - that's the difference ;)