[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

Bucky Kid

Please fix this new bug in version 2.15: after editing waypoint in loaded track, the zoom is auto set to maximum level at cross position. This problem only happens when SQLitedb format map is loaded.
  •  

locuscycling

Finaly today i installed new version of Locus from Google Play ( + new Ant )  but still some problems with ANT+.

Connecting with ANT every time i started Locus again i see this windows

especially regardind GSC 10- speed cadence sensor- every time i have to write name ( even i have selected ''save'') i tried also with ''default'' but always the same.
With HRM i don't see this problems

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6874/o96d.png
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1618/w9r8.png
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9233/f3if.png

But this is not a  big problem, i see correct values like on screen
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/6848/b8i8.png

The problem is i don't see ,,Cadence'' and Actual Speed ( from ANT)  on my Dashboard

Always have ,,0''   ( of course i am pedaling)

( I tried to change items in Dashboard always teh same no Cadence and Speed from ANT.)

No Problem with Heart rate as shows this picture above.

Edit : There is no sign of Heart Rate and Cadence  in Recorded track  ( see enclose my wife todays trip)

•  

Menion

@rkirmeier: nice post about IMG format - thanks. I'll be thinking about it. From my point of view, img maps will never be so nice as vector maps from MapsForge. On other side, and it was unknown information till now, since latest 2.15.1 is possible to overlay vector map over vector map. So two MapsForge maps, but also an IMG map over MapsForge. In this case, useful information from IMG may be visible over better looking vector map from MapsForge. Deadly combination I think ...

Anyway as I wrote, if there will be more like you, I'll find some time and invest it to better rendering and some settings of IMG format in Locus. For now, I've some "better" tasks to do.

@bucky kid: I don't understand problem with tracks on map. I've just check few tracks and all seems to render correctly

@eldron: unfortunately for shading of Online and Personal maps, need one method that is available since Android 3.0+. There is no workaround for this. Anyway for vector maps, shading is available for all Android versions

Quote from: Bucky Kid on September 05, 2013, 13:11:47
Please fix this new bug in version 2.15: after editing waypoint in loaded track, the zoom is auto set to maximum level at cross position. This problem only happens when SQLitedb format map is loaded.

hmm you mean "zoom scale"? Like from 15/125%, it jumps to 16/100% right? Ah seems that problem is only when you pick up item from map. Fine, fixed

@stebu it's a question, how you open this file. Directly from dropbox? I'm worried, that dropbox do not provide exact name of your file

@locuscycling: problems with remebering of ANT devices, aren't related to Locus. I'll forward this to ANT+ developers. Problem with missing values ... ah sorry, my problem, fixed

@joeloc & @buckykid - I've just copied almost 4GB big RMAP, and still no problem. I've played with it more then five minutes and no even single missing tile. I'll try tomorrow on another device.

EDIT: locuscycling, you have to export GPX file in version 1.1, to get sensor values. Anyway you'll probably see only HRM values, not others (bug, fixed)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: menion on September 05, 2013, 20:27:41
@joeloc & @buckykid - I've just copied almost 4GB big RMAP, and still no problem. I've played with it more then five minutes and no even single missing tile. I'll try tomorrow on another device.

I've already disclosed that it's being not shownd due to that at waypoint #98 ends navigation data.
But the unwanted zoom after track edit must be a bug because this didnot occur with previous versions so it's just matter of change in handling of SQLite format in Locus 2.15.
I also confirm that the rendering problem is a matter of changes in Locus 2.15 because zooming/panning worked reliably with previous Locus versions. I see very similar problem with all OruxMaps versions with not rendering surrounding tiles on low zooms and panning through raster map. Maybe a SD card problem? I use built-in SD card with unknown filesystem and row I/O scheduler.
  •  

Menion

read my previous post ... you're there three times ;)

as I wrote, I'll check problem with rendering tomorrow on different device. Anyway I may only confirm that such problems are new in this version. There were a lot of huge changes in work with maps, so it's more then possible that a few problems occur (I warned about this in testing versions)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: stebu on September 04, 2013, 22:20:01
About the name of the file being imported:
When I load a bunch of caches from Dropbox using a URL like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cd3ef456abc789/GCsolved.zip (this is fake:)
Locus import box title shows importing "ab789cf17b.zip"?  (This zip file can be found in Locus/downloads/)
I'd like to see GCsolved.zip!
Quote from: menion
@stebu it's a question, how you open this file. Directly from dropbox? I'm worried, that dropbox do not provide exact name of your file
Well, the url contains "GCsolved.zip",  how can Dropbox rename the file during a http get/post?

BTW The link is https://dl.dropbox.com/s/2cd3ef456abc789/GCsolved.zip   (not www)
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on September 05, 2013, 20:27:41

Why not simply make Locus tell us what "unknown problem" actually means?
  •  

Menion

don't need to repeat this question. Unknown problem means only one thing in case of RMAP maps ... cannot read image for requested x, y, z parameters. This usually mean that "z" parameter is invalid, but I don't know why this happen ...
  •  

kech61

Hi Menion

I dont want to be a pain in your neck...
However, Captions still render leftbound.

best regards
Christian

sent with tapatalk

Best regards/ GrĂ¼sse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

joeloc

"cannot read image"? maybe also a file io problem? maybe too many open threads that try to access the rmap file at once? Maybe too many file descriptors? I think I have read somewhere that Android up to 4.1.2 is limited to 1024 file handles in total (ie system wide!).

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39002

cant you at least show the x,y,z values in the error string for the tile? and all other information you have? file handle pointers etc? i'd really like to use new Locus as well, but the problem is annoying enough that I had to downgrade. it really happens all the time here. not just when trying to force it, but also during normal usage on the bike.
  •  

brotbuexe

How does this google zoom work? I tried but can't get it to work.
Does it only works when using google style map control? Or does some other setting could interfere with it?

Small thing, the setting window for style map control using check boxes but it should have radio buttons.
  •  

Menion

@kech: really? damn .. I hoped all is tested and working. Hmm ... oki, I'll look at it

EDIT: please try to delete cache of vector maps by changing theme to another and back. Just for sure

@joeloc: sorry, I can't. And why don't you rather create a basic log where all should be visible?

@brotbuexe: it's independed on style (works in both). follow me: tap down, tap up (put your finger out of display), tap down second time and keep finger down. Then slide with it up and down on screen
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: menion on September 06, 2013, 12:56:09
@brotbuexe: it's independed on style (works in both). follow me: tap down, tap up (put your finger out of display), tap down second time and keep finger down. Then slide with it up and down on screen
I'm trying to make this happen but for some reason it seems not to work in any of both control styles. If I tap down shortly, then tap up and wait a while then tap down again holding the finger on display invokes address window. If I tap down shortly, tap up and tap down immediately then hidden toolbars show instead (I think it's handled as doubleclick).
  •  

Menion

hmm, double click should be executed after you second time put finger up. Are you using any official rom on your device?
  •  

brotbuexe

Quote from: menion on September 06, 2013, 12:56:09

Okay, that does not work for me.
It just does not do anything, no zooming, no moving.
I reset the preferences in settings / misc but still the same.

Edit:
Weird, I restored the settings backup and it just started to work. :)

Edit2:
And now it just stopped working. I just edited this post without doing anything on the phone.

Edit3:
Hm, once in a while it works. I'll try to get a video.

Edit4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAtNkjCDvK0&feature=youtu.be
At around 0:30 I get it to work once. At the end for a second time.
The same zoom method works in google maps all the time.
Device is a Note I with CM 10.1. Have the same issue on other devices, all running CM 10.1.
  •