Author Topic: [APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)  (Read 33002 times)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: [APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2013, 17:06:45 »
I'm sorry guys, but I do not agree with any of suggested abilities. Understand that you use top label panel, but usability of buttons is by me much more important. So I suggest to reduce number of buttons in top panel and use main menu or right panel for most used functions
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Ivo Nörenberg

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gulofilm.com
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2013, 17:32:28 »
Sometimes I zoom in when I drag the finger to the top sometimes I zoom out. I would like to zoom always in when I drag my finger to the top.
 And still sometimes I don't see all poi when I start Locus.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2013, 11:06:04 »
Well, did anybody COMPLAIN ??
And mind: there are different sizes of Androids, i.e. on a Galaxy Note the buttons in the old versions are already bigger than the new buttons on a 4" phone may be. In other words: on larger screens they get simply HUGE now. Simply give the Information section the same space as before, and divide the remaining space by the number of buttons chosen (typically between 3 and 6) by the USER (not you, not a shitstorm or vote, simply the USER ;-)
Cheers
Michael

I'm sorry guys, but I do not agree with any of suggested abilities. Understand that you use top label panel, but usability of buttons is by me much more important. So I suggest to reduce number of buttons in top panel and use main menu or right panel for most used functions

Offline tommi

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
  • Devices: Samsung S7 + S5 + S3 + Nexus7 flo
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2013, 11:23:22 »
I read the forum now already two years but cannot remember people complaining heavily about too small buttons.
Why are larger buttons now necessary for better usability and the price of ugly/unusable display of e.g. coordinates?

I'd like to get the previous button size back!

Offline Robin99

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2013, 08:06:03 »
@up. I truly agree. I've also not noticed complaining about button menus (appearance and size). I simply do not understand gui changes. Changing every gui object into white is also weird. The true is, this upgrade makes Locus uglier.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:03:47 by Robin99 »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013, 11:31:50 »
"anybody complain"? - a little here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/is_there_any_way_to_enlarge_buttons_and_their_labels and a lot over email

I anyway reduced a sizes a little. Big difference will remain on tablets. Sizes you see in your current test version are taken from Android library, so they're suggested sizes for android buttons, not some my nonsenses

- and "now uglier" - I'm sorry, but I'm sure, there is not so much changes that influence usability itself and appearance changes are usually matter of individual taste. White top and bottom panels/titles at dialogs are how android usually looks and we decided that such united colors looks more elegant then "hard" black as before
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013, 12:39:59 »
One thing that has been mentioned in a similar kind, I'd like to stress: "Data" is just an additional layer that does not add any value, nor is it intuitive. Why not offer "Tracks" and "POI" (the own ones, not the new DBs) as separate buttons ?
If you prefer, then in addition to "Data".
TXs
Michael