TTS voices

Started by Menion, July 07, 2013, 14:44:19

ta-ka

@tommi
you're welcome :)

@menion
Locus Test 2.18.0.7 creates 'Locus/data/tts/en_sample_v1.tts' if it doesn't exist, but actual version is '2'. So, the file name should be 'en_sample_v2.tts' or simply 'en_sample.tts' would be OK because the version is written in the file.

Quote from: menion on January 19, 2014, 15:46:05
I also spend quite a lot of time on making whole TTS indepenent on navigation, so I think, we should now extend TTS to other tasks in Locus if there will be need ...
You mean, for example, Locus TTS could be extended to tell us how many kilo-meters travelled or how long time you travelled for every certain distance/time during track recording?  If so, it's exciting! ;D
  •  

Menion

you're right with the file ... thanks

and yes it can. Because I also run a little, I plan during this year finish our (my mainly) long fight with "Navigation generator" and also add better support for some sport activities, like TTS notifications during track record, also some notifications on for example heart rate values, zones etc. We will see, but I believe this won't be a big problem now ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on July 07, 2013, 14:44:19
How to help/translate
- recommended way to modify is - in you Google Docs (http://docs.google.com), tap on "Tools" > "Manage apps" > "Connect more apps" > "Anyfile Notepad"!
Anyfile Notepad? can't found.

Menion

hmm weird. I'm not much skilled with these "Google drive stuff". And it's also just a recommendation ...

Seems it may be also installed to desktop Chrome browser here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/anyfile-notepad/ghlichmdnegmcpafgmmlpkegmcndlndi . It's just useful text edit that very nicely highlight JSON files and possible problems if occur (JSON is format in which are wrote these TTS files, just for sure)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on January 19, 2014, 18:08:45
I'm not much skilled with these "Google drive stuff".
:D

does anyone know why the icons are different?

Due to the strange filename "de.tts.tmp20140119-3718-1o3zgfi"??

edit
files downloaded and re-uploaded
looks better now :)

ta-ka

Hello gynta,

I'm not skilled with google drive stuff too, but I've just found one typo in de.tts.  "yd:" [ -> "yd": [
  •  

gynta

i think "yd" has no effect for most of german users :)
- but I'm excited about your thoroughness - thx Takayuki

Sersus

Just did the russian translate.  :) I hope with no mistakes with JSON syntax.
  •  

Menion

amazing!!! thank you
  •  

tigus

Hello everyone.
I have not tried the TTS yet, but the attached file for the Spanish Latin language version 1 :). Any suggestions or corrections are welcome.
Greetings.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: tigus on May 21, 2014, 15:12:21
attached file for the Spanish

Hello tigus
First: thx
Are u able to do this on the right place? (google drive)
See first post:
Quote from: menion on July 07, 2013, 14:44:19...
How to help/translate

If you have problems - we will help you

tigus

Gynta Hi, I read the first post. But I have no way to upload a new file. Menion says that if a new language, it is not, you write. In this case I took a position as associate the file to add it to Google Drive.
Greetings.

Edit: I just saw as appending the tts folder to my Google Drive :). I did not know how to do it ... now I upload the file.
Greetings.
  •  

gynta

ta-ka

Recent Google Text-to-Speech finally supports Japanese. But I found some strange pronunciation during voice navigation in Locus. So, I've improved ja.tts at google drive in order to make it works well with both 'Google Text-to-Speech' and 'N2 TTS (another Japanese tts engine)'. Could you please include the new ja.tts into next Locus release?

Thanks in advance.
  •  

Menion

•