[APP] - version 2.3.X & 2.4.X

Started by jusc, April 28, 2012, 21:51:08

tommi

Quote from: "menion"I can only confirm this. Access to data on internal memory is muuuuch faster then on card, mainly in case you have some low end card
I guess it makes sense to add this information and how-to to Locus manual as recommended configuration.
  •  

merilius

[SOLVED, see the update below]

Hi Menion,
After the today's update my vector and raster maps stopped zooming properly. They render at the current zoom level, but zooming in and out does not cause to 'rerender' in the new zoom level, just rescales pixels.
Screens attached.

I can force to rerender if I switch back and forth raster-vector-raster or vice versa.
The previous update was fine (I was biking with locus all day long and using vector maps)

PS. I like the new cutting of the ends of the tracks!!

UPDATE: I quit Locus and started it again. Now zooming works fine. Maybe it was related to the welcome screen shown after the update?
  •  

Menion

merillius, it's for sure because you have enabled zoom lock (most right button on bottom panel). Disable it and zoom should work "correctly"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
with Locus Pro 2.4.3 I can't activate navigation anymore if I select a previously stored route.
However if creating a new route and select "Guide on" (which means navigation here) navigation works as expected.
Instead of navigation with the stored route only the new feature "edit track" seems to be active.
  •  

Menion

hmm this is weird, nothing has changed in database settings. May you try to export navigation that do not work, as GPX file and send me it? Or maybe import it back again and check if still not work
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"May you try to export navigation that do not work, as GPX file and send me it? Or maybe import it back again and check if still not work
Sent GPX to private support mail address.
Thanks,
Tommi
  •  

Menion

hmm weird. How did you computed this route? (mainly from which source)

As I see in source of GPX file, it contain some route parameters but not the main one "<locus:rtePointAction>1</locus:rtePointAction>", which is private locus indicator, what to do on selected waypoint (like 1 mean, start of route I think)

anyway you may simply press "Guide on" on route you send me, this works for you right?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm weird. How did you computed this route? (mainly from which source)
Mapquest - Fast with car

Quote from: "menion"anyway you may simply press "Guide on" on route you send me, this works for you right?
No, only guiding is activated. No navigation.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm weird. How did you computed this route? (mainly from which source)
Mapquest - Fast with car

Quote from: "menion"anyway you may simply press "Guide on" on route you send me, this works for you right?
No, only guiding is activated. No navigation.

*Edit*:
Foto: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2pcl4xjh8dm7 ... ssible.jpg

Even more strange: with a different route I managed it to get "Navigieren" offered but only a single time, all other tries with this route ended with "Guide An", too.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi62"Even more strange: with a different route I managed it to get "Navigieren" offered but only a single time, all other tries with this route ended with "Guide An", too.
This seems to have been a mistake by me. I could not reproduce this today.

Now I created several new routes and all work for navigation except the one I sent to you and the first one I created with Locus 2.4.3 which called my attention.
The difference between the working ones and the wrong one is the line for each point you already mentioned which is only contained in the working .gpx files:
<locus:rtePointAction>NumberOfPoint</locus:rtePointAction>

Still no idea why these lines weren't created by Locus. This seems to happen under conditions I could not reproduce now anymore.

So for the moment I would say "works for me" but I will keep an eye on this issue.
Thanks,
Thomas
  •  

Menion

Hi Tommi I just wanted to post here new info and also info for you.

So firstly: PUBLIC TESTING VERSION

focus mainly on new "Tracks screen", do you like, do you find it useful, is working for you correctly, etc etc...

Bug

[LP-181] - update notification panels to be more user-friendly

Improvement

[LP-178] - better notification possibilities for parking
    [LP-187] - Tracks screen with Dual system !!!!
    [LP-191] - turn by turn navigation: violett trackline hiding streetnames

New Feature

[LP-177] - Exit Locus during recording/POI alert
    [LP-182] - Discard only tiles when you have a replacement.
    [LP-192] - New track category - GeoCaching
    [LP-193] - Custom backup location

and many many more fixes/improvements not listed above.

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .4.3.3.apk

Tommi: testing and no problem. "rtePointAction" is not a number of points but it's main idenficator for Locus, what to say on points. So if this value is missing, it's not possible to make voice navigation. Anyway I really have no idea why this happen. Also this should not be problem on Your side!! So if this start to happen again, let me know
  •  

gynta

track menu
if you have no selected track
- tapping on a track name
- choose "map"
-> the track was selected

in old versions the track was selected and the display jumps to the track/map.

Jurlui

Can someone explain how you manage to add a track point in the existing track?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Jurlui"Can someone explain how you manage to add a track point in the existing track?
sure, but this is the wrong thread...
tapping on a trackpoint and you will see some options on the left side.
choose the tool symbol.

Menion

Quote from: "gynta"track menu
if you have no selected track
- tapping on a track name
- choose "map"
-> the track was selected

in old versions the track was selected and the display jumps to the track/map.

thanks, fixed!

So no negative post on new system, that force you to same system as in points? (firstly select "category", after that finally work with tracks). Hmm , good :)
  •