[APP] - version 2.3.X & 2.4.X

Started by jusc, April 28, 2012, 21:51:08

tommi

Quote from: "berkley"Should this be done by the map tweak?
I understand this as a rhetorical question. :D
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "berkley"Damn, this is a very nice collection!

Should this be done by the map tweak?

Yes, of course  :mrgreen:  
But what we need on top, are a Icons for the some maps which  "brotbuexe" added a few minutes ago :mrgreen: to find them faster.  I saw a few screenshots, missing the map icons p.e. for OutdoorActive.
And I missed the "Norge Statkarts" in your last update.
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

I am just waiting for some feedback from Menion. Maybe there is the chance for direct support in Locus itself...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

feedback from me? No problem :) I think that almost all these maps that comes from OSM data or web servers are usable in Locus, this should not be problem. As i think about it, best should be to place all maps that's main purpose is "to be overlay" into one separate category in Map manager > Online tab, called "Overlays"? ... and every overlay will have own params if it's available for download, how much, attributions etc ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Yes sure ;)
But do you provide them with Locus, or should someone else do this? :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

if they're legal, I'll gladly add them to Locus. I just have to prepare them in very similar way as are maps adding to providers.xml and in some cases also contact map owner. Hmm long way and thanks to new work (removing before around a two weeks added system for action bar and writting own) quite low of time ... so I want to mainly say, that I don't know what is already prepared, who to contact etc. Have to read all (not perfectly read) topics again...
  •  

berkley

Ok, fine. I'll wait for you, before doing something stupid :D
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

brotbuexe

For U.S.

Contour and "map features" as layer: http://toposm.com/us/index.html
  •  

brotbuexe

http://openmapsurfer.uni-hd.de/ have some layers, but the term of use looks not so good: http://openmapsurfer.uni-hd.de/contact.html
  •  

Menion

hmm fine,
  seems I fixed one serious issues that caused frequent crashing on many phones and because I need new release, I would like to add also something new to there ... so why not new section "Overlays" into online tab

seems that on forum is many topics around maps mainly from brotbuexe, but for me it's little bit ... mess :)

so 1. these Hill shade viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1877 can be added as I see only for Online view without download (use same TOS as main OSM server), no problem

so what next? :) One source of maps is here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1859#p11967 ... I'll check it today. Are here on forum any other sources that should be checked? Thanks
  •  

Freemindstuck

I had asked earlier about rolling back version 2.4.X to 2.3.X because I believed version 2.4 was
locking my phone up.  I just wanted to set the record straight.  It was a bad microsd card.  
Apparently locus was using the sdcard more then my other apps and it appeared to be the problem.
I'd have posted this on the original thread but it dissapeared.  Thanks for your advice it got me
looking for another potential problem and help me solve the underlying problem.
  •  

Menion

ah thank you for your information. It's correct that Locus uses card a lot during usage, so good to know, thanks!
  •  

jusc

Ah, that makes sense. I moved Locus to sd-card, but freezed often while using. Later I bought a 64Gb SDXC-Card and now  Locus works, after moving back to the card, fine.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

I know it's a bit off-topic but I moved Locus to internal SD and use the maps from external SD (using the "Directory with maps" feature). I think this makes Locus faster especially with Vector maps (it would be even faster with maps on internal SD, too but as usual there isn't enough free space).
What are your experiences/opinions?
  •  

Menion

I can only confirm this. Access to data on internal memory is muuuuch faster then on card, mainly in case you have some low end card
  •