[MAPS] - Vector maps (with terrain contour lines)

Started by jurajs, April 22, 2012, 16:04:18

tommi

No, no, thank you. My computer is probably much less powerful than yours (the phone I get in few days has more cores than my notebook). I just wanted to ask why this is still outstanding. Actually I don't really need this area.
Nevertheless thank you for your excellent work!
Thomas
  •  

PeeKay

Hey Experts,

For my holiday i'm searching for Vector-Maps of Greece and their Islands. But i can't find it in the listing of maps in the first post.
Is Greece really missing or only i'm blind a little bit?  ;)

If i'm not blind... Do anybody knows a source where i can download vector maps from Greece and their Islands?
Certainly in the same perfect qualitiy like all the maps in this thread !
best regards.
Peter
  •  

sebbo

if you dont need the terrain lines. i can create the greece map for you...
  •  

sebbo

•  

Midyr

Hi,

I'm trying to create a map of a part of germany(rheinland-pfalz), because the germany map is too big.
I use linux for this.
My rheinland-pfalz.merged.osm is 1,3G but the rheinland-pfalz.ter.osm.map is only 207K.
I saw no errormessage

I use osmosis 0.40.1.

Any clue?

Greets Midyr

BTW:
srtmfill is windows only, did anybody know an alternative for linux?
  •  

Midyr

Quote from: "Midyr"Hi,

I'm trying to create a map of a part of germany(rheinland-pfalz), because the germany map is too big.
I use linux for this.
My rheinland-pfalz.merged.osm is 1,3G but the rheinland-pfalz.ter.osm.map is only 207K.
I saw no errormessage

OK

this was my mistake wrong bbox
  •  

maandag

Wow, great job creating these maps! Thanks a lot.
  •  

Khaytsus

I feel I'm pretty stupid here, but I can't understand how to really get started here..  Is it possible to get the information on the metadata I'd need to get Kentucky, USA building?  I'll do the building of the data myself.  I'm just confused on what data to get to get started.
  •  

jurajs

hi guys... I am pretty busy these days, so i not able to focus on your wishes right now. But I am pretty sure that with little effort you can build these maps yourselfs. Its not complicated at all if you follow instructions described in 1st post of this thread.

@ PeeKay: not blind, I havent created one. Maybe later ;-)
@ Midyr: havent find an alternative for srtmfill on linux yet. but you have to process the terrain data just once. or.... maybe you can skip this step if you dont mind having some bugs on contourlines.
@ Khaytsus: Please try to read 1st post of this thread (including hyperlinks). I guess it it all mentioned there. If not, feel free to ask questions about where you got stucked.
  •  

fussfolk

Quote from: "jurajs"if you are missing something, try to make a wish ;-)

Hi Jurajs,
that's really great work - I am using hiking theme and your maps almost always, and enjoy a lot, thanks!

By the way - there's a wish: How about "Albania"?

Thanks in advance, and best regards, fussfolk.
  •  

jurajs

may be... it will take about a month until i will be able to pay more attention also to my hobbies. i hope you can wait....
take a look here from time to time. it will appear in first post for sure (but not sure when)
  •  

fussfolk

Thanks for fast feedback - well, how about close to end of this month;o?

Some of the area of interest is already covered by outskirts of the Former Yugoslavia map, but some part missing yet...

Anyway, maybe I will try to get through the creation procedure myself;-)

Thanks, and best regards, fussfolk.
  •  

gazoox

Very very good work: working out the method and the generated maps! THX
  •  

benoitb

Quote4.1.1 [highly recommended] after the pyghtmap has downloaded hgt elevation data, you can kill phyghtmap and use srtmfill utility to fix "null" data in hgt files (I had a lot of null/invalid data so i had to fix them all). before proceeding to next step you have to run phyghtmap command again so the osm file will be created from valid elevation data.
Hello, I'm trying to build my maps before leaving for a long bicycle trip from France to China.
I've used phyghtmap with that command:
C:Python27Scripts>phyghtmap.exe --polygon=Z:osmmypolysturkmenistan.poly -o
Z:osmelevationturkmenistan_srtm6 --source=view1,view3,srtm1,srtm3  -s 20 -c 2
00,100 --start-node-id=20000000000 --start-way-id=10000000000 --write-timestamp
 --max-nodes-per-tile=0
And my output is that file: turkmenistan_srtm6_lon51.83_66.71lat35.12_42.86_view3.osm (1.8 GB)
I can't find any hgt file to process with SRTMFill, can you help me locate them ?

On the other side, I prepared also the osm extract:
C:osmosis-0.40.1bin>osmosis.bat --rx z:osmasia.osm --tee 1 --bp file="z:osm
mypolystajikistan.poly" --wx z:osmmap_sanseletajikistan.osm
The resulting file is:
tajikistan.osm (35 MB)

I'm surprised that the elevation map is 1.8 GB while the OSM map is 35 MB, is that possible ?
  •  

kech61

Quote4.1.1 [highly recommended] after the pyghtmap has downloaded hgt elevation data, you can kill phyghtmap and use srtmfill utility to fix "null" data in hgt files (I had a lot of null/invalid data so i had to fix them all). before proceeding to next step you have to run phyghtmap command again so the osm file will be created from valid elevation data.

There is no more need for this, the view3 database has bee updated and contains now correct data
for europe, asia and africa (really filled and NOT interpolated).

See coverage //http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage%20map%20viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm

So your phyghtmap commandline is now
--source=view3,srtm3  -s 20 -c 200,100 (there is no real need for "srtm3", for historic reasons only and avoid view1 data)
instead of
--source=view1,view3,srtm1,srtm3  -s 20 -c 200,100

just delete the index file of phyghtmap (viewfinderHgtIndex_3.txt) an restart the processing of the elevation data.

QuoteI'm surprised that the elevation map is 1.8 GB while the OSM map is 35 MB, is that possible ?

This is perfect possible, there are lots of mountains and lots of nothing.  ;)

If you need help just give me your route, I feed my scripts and deliver the maps as far as possible.

Ready for download are all maps (incl. elevation data + cycle routes) from France to Turkey (incl Armenia) here:
//http://www.openandromaps.org/

[attachment=0:iajh8shk]coverage_eu_oam Kopie.jpg[/attachment:iajh8shk]

best regards
Christian
Best regards/ GrĂ¼sse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •