[MAPS] - Vector maps (with terrain contour lines)

Started by jurajs, April 22, 2012, 16:04:18

ukuest

Downloading Germany now .. thank you so much, jurajs!

These maps are beautiful. I use the hiking 0.5 theme and the Hike&Bike Hillshade overlay.
Works great, looks fantastic. Almost like a real topographical map.

Going on a long hike along the French-German border in a couple of weeks, and now I have France + Germany complete in my phone, in under 2 GB!
(No more thousands of MobileAtlasCreator tile downloads before every holiday...)

Thanks again!
  •  

jurajs

glad you like it ....
but don't forget to check for the hiking theme next release soon. there will be a lot of overlaping bug fixes for ways, administrative boundaries hidden by water areas fixed, highways thickness adjustments on lower zooms and many other fixes for issues that i have discovered recently ;-)
  •  

ukuest

Looking forward to further improvements on the hiking theme.
One thing I noticed is that the names of some villages disappear at certain zoom levels, most often at 14, sometimes also at 13. At level 12 they are all there. It is not a big problem, I can always zoom ou to find the name, but it seems to show some underlying scaling problems.
  •  

Balistar

Hi Jurajs,
Great work.
I got your Alps-Map running but I'm not able to choose your Contours Theme. Only Osmarender is available.
The downloaded xml-File is located in the vectormaps/themes directory.

Where is my problem?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Balistar"The downloaded xml-File is located in the vectormaps/themes directory.
like this?

jurajs

thanks gynta ;-)

all you guys need is to read carefully the 1st posts of each my topic here. all the steps neccesary are written there.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

The latest download for the hiking theme had a directory named hiking0.5 (or something) wrapped around the directory "hiking" . That's why it initially was invisble for me too.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Balistar

Thanks gynta,
sorry for reading uncarefully. There was a wrong Folder definition. Now it works fine!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Henk van der Spek"The latest download for the hiking theme had a directory named hiking0.5 (or something) wrapped around the directory "hiking" . That's why it initially was invisble for me too.
i think the name of the directory doesn't matter.
the name of themes is the name of the xml file.
important is the file structure.

Henk van der Spek

Not that I want to have the last say in this  :)  but Jurajs writes:

howto:
- extract "hiking.zip" into ".../Locus/mapsVector/_themes/"
- activate theme in locus in "Settings / Map - advanced / Theme of the maps"

The newest is hiking v-0.5.zip

and that led for me to this picture which I afterwards corrected to like Gynta's pic and only then Locus saw the theme:

Ok, no picture:  Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

So the folder hiking was inside a folder hiking v-0.5
  •  

jurajs

whatever ;-)
  •  

jurajs

ok guys...
it seems that i have finished with generating maps for some time. the current setup of tags seems reasonable. Finally there is also region of scandinavia added + picture of polygons how the regions were processed. I will now focus more on improving hiking theme.

enjoy
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Enjoy your hikes and thanks again.  :D
  •  

tommi

Hi jurajs, is Honshu map still processing or did your computer give up?
  •  

jurajs

i give up (for some time)... I dont know why, but all that Japan area takes simply too long to process. maybe some kind of "semi-deadlock" or what the hell. For example: Just Hokkaido takes about 4 days to make map. My estimation for Honshu is about 2 weeks of constant procesing. If you are willing to process it by yourself, I can upload all files required, and ready for processing. ;-) There is a possibility to do it with better hardware. ;-) For example I have few servers in my work with really high CPU power and lots of memory (e.g. 144GB), but i am always too busy when i am in work.

juraj.s
  •