[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

Graf Geo

Hello @Andrew Heard, settings in LM4. Item is called "Route warnings":

SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)

Andrew Heard

@Graf Geo - thanks. I have all 3 Route Warnings off, but I still get Warning icons in the saved track. And as explained to @0709 if I tap any POI in the Route Planner, I also get those POI(s) in the list of Waypoints.
LM4.25.1.9.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Can someone please tell me when I import a route (track) into Locus web planner whether the track point elevations <ele> are maintained? I have just downloaded Sonny DTM France 1asec v3 HGT files (2.4GB!!) in order to improve the slope accuracy of some planned routes.

<trkpt lat="-42.8609208" lon="147.2951480">
<ele>36.86</ele>
<time>2023-12-31T23:04:44.000Z</time>
</trkpt>

At one section, in LM4 the slope is 7% whereas the web planner is showing stupid 31%.

Extra question: is it possible yet to keep each HGT file within a ZIP file? I know it has been discussed & I did a search but could find no answer. I could test myself, but it's pretty slow. I suspect not possible.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 18, 2024, 08:17:28Can someone please tell me when I import a route (track) into Locus web planner whether the track point elevations <ele> are maintained? I have just downloaded Sonny DTM France 1asec v3 HGT files (2.4GB!!) in order to improve the slope accuracy of some planned routes.
Hello,
+1
If the web planner had the best altitude data (Sonny's data), we would have solved half the problem already, this has already been requested in the past.
Also when importing a gpx you should be able to choose whether to keep the original elevation data or apply the planner's data.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 18, 2024, 08:17:28...
Extra question: is it possible yet to keep each HGT file within a ZIP file? I know it has been discussed & I did a search but could find no answer. I could test myself, but it's pretty slow. I suspect not possible.

I remember, too, this has been discussed. However, turned down. For a good reason: hgt 1" on ext SD can already be a performance challenge, let alone putting unzip on top of that. Not feasible.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: michaelbechtold on September 18, 2024, 16:28:50I remember, too, this has been discussed. However, turned down. For a good reason: hgt 1" on ext SD can already be a performance challenge, let alone putting unzip on top of that. Not feasible.
@michaelbechtold I currently have Sonny France 2.4GB .HGT files in "internal" memory i.e. not ext. SD. The ZIP equivalent is 635MB. Not feasible due to CPU processing speed or RAM or what?
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Andrew: even unzip is causing heavy CPU load (zip is multiple times harder, BTW). And when you use lower zoom levels, you'd need a number of those ZIPs ...

Menion

Hi guys,
I'll try to answer all questions during next day or week. Anyway for now, one very interesting Beta version before the weekend. Let's call it "Beta 4.25.1.7, Release Candidate".

And the news? Enjoy it

- add: text rotation for vector (MapsForge V4) maps
   - add: quick search results for features and settings in the base search
   - chg: improved loading of custom icons from external files
   - chg: updated top panel items dividers
   - chg: improved request to enable location when disabled in the system
   - chg: updated default function panels actions
   - chg: customizable speed for MTB, Gravel and Touring bikes in LoRouter
   - chg: removed (optional) caching of vector tiles
   - fix: incorrectly working hiding of bottom panel
   - fix: not working cache for WMTS maps
   - fix: min zoom limit for overlays
   - chg: many smaller tweaks and fixes
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on September 19, 2024, 15:53:30- add: text rotation for vector (MapsForge V4) maps
INTENSE, LONG-LASTING APPLAUSE.

Looks good, the road names stay on the road and rotate 180 if necessary, as it should be. Performance is hit, may cost battery (maybe make it optional?), on my phone it feels like 15 fps in gaming. Not sure 100% how rotation was before. Anyway no problem for me, I only selectively use auto rotating map.

EDIT: That 15 fps feel is caused by the stepwise rotation, not by performance. It's not fluently as before, but like in 0.5° steps.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

michaelbechtold

HYPER COOL, this Text Rotation. TXs a lot, Menion!!
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 19, 2024, 15:53:30version before the weekend. Let's call it "Beta 4.25.1.7, Release Candidate".
wow - huge release!!
very nice on the touring routing profile speed; default 20km/h was much too fast

Graf Geo

I agree, great update! Thank you very much!

3 comments:

Text rotation: excellent! But as @Tapio already wrote, the map jerks when rotating, in small fixed angle steps. Since I only use map rotation very rarely, I'm not quite sure if this was the case before. But I think the rotation was smooth before.

I also have the feeling that the rendering of the maps is somewhat slower than before. When moving the map, the labels (place names, mountain peaks etc.) appear first in the white areas and then the actual map. Could this be the case or is it just a subjective impression?

"Quick search results for functions and settings": Very good! I like the solution with the buttons ("x features", "y settings"). It would be even better if results were also offered in other local categories: "x results in tracks", "y results in points" etc.
The fact that you always have to select the category in the search before entering the search term is a bit annoying.

Graf Geo

Unfortunately, I now have to report a major problem. Internal LoRouter profiles no longer work for me:

After the latest update (4.25.1.7) I have massive problems with the route planner. The internal LoRouter profiles (offline) no longer work reliably for me. This affects all Internal profiles where the speed or power can be set, i.e. walking, hiking, touring, gravel, road and MTB, which are stored in the router/data/customised folder.
The orange-coloured error message always appears, stating that the value for speed/force is not known (unknown expression). See screenshots.
Internal profiles without this setting option (car fast, economical) and all external profiles work.
The joke is that sometimes it works again, but then it doesn't work again the next time I restart. I have already deleted all internal profiles in the data folder and all files in the customised folder, but the problem keeps recurring.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

michaelbechtold

28,0 - 4,50 ? Is there a way to specify 28.0 and 4.50 resp.?
  •  

Graf Geo

@michaelbechtold:

4,50 is my setting in walking profile.
In bike profiles the brf file shows the double value of my setting (14).

Walking and hiking profiles show correct value in error message, all internal bike profiles the double value. Strange.

•