[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 28, 2024, 22:00:09Still the same joeloc ;).
@menion - where is the "straight face" emoji? you could have been a diplomat instead of a master programmer ;-)
LM4.25.1.3.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 28, 2024, 23:58:41
Quote from: Menion on August 28, 2024, 22:00:09Still the same joeloc ;).
@menion - where is the "straight face" emoji? you could have been a diplomat instead of a master programmer ;-)
Developers must be some tough species. You start with some idea, generously share ("could be useful for others"), add heaps of features, some of which you don't personally need... 10 years ago you thought "it's pretty complete", a year ago someone asked for feature 451441552, quote: "this is an absolute must-have, otherwise your app is garbage", yesterday Google broke something, tomorrow they tell you feature 45523645985 and 7458868.869022 are quintessential. Someone wishes you biblical plagues for not implementing things.

And then there's my sweet fellow germans, who always want a written documentation and write walls of text how things should be done. By others. From my experience, russians are also strong in that department.

Yeah, Menion behaves professional. Haha, there's dev comments on the Play Store, where devs, ok small devs, answer heat with heat 😁

</enduselesswalloftext>

And now Menion, give us more statistical tools, automatic pause waypoints, auto track to route alignment, all the algorithmical stuff, otherwise the app is invalid. Biblical plagues.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on August 28, 2024, 08:49:33@slarti76
What do you mean by " Is the stuff after "?" simply ignored in this context"? There is no issue on the geo.admin web. The whole list is generated by me based on received XML that is perfectly valid.
No, well, I tried the following two links:
- https://wms.geo.admin.ch/?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0
- https://wms.geo.admin.ch/?request=GetMetadata&layer=ch.bazl.einschraenkungen-drohnen

The first is obviously the whole layer directory, the second a single layer. When I paste them in the browser, I get different results, the second being much smaller, as expected.

But when I add them with that manual method in Locus, I get the same long list both times. That's why I thought perhaps the part after "?" doesn't matter?

My thinking was to avoid the long unwieldy list by only adding the layers I need, using the "direct" links.
  •  

Menion

Friday afternoon ... it is the time for the new Beta 4.25.1.3  ;)

@slarti76
Your second request is to the layer metadata. Locus Map do something with it? I'm surprised because it is not supported. Anyway, correct request is without extra parameters or with a 'GetCapabilities'. Adding a single layer is not possible. I understand the problem perfectly, but I'm worried, there is currently no other solution except rewriting whole "WMS map layers" screen to the new system with integrated search.

Graf Geo

Beta 4.25.1.3

I have a question about a new feature in the current beta:

"improved top bar for point and track screen to better support multi-line"

For a track, if it requires more than one line, the name is displayed visually offset with a slight shadow (screenshot 1), but not for a point (screenshot 2).

Is that how it should be?

SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

Tapio

I cannot create and save points to db. Click on "Save", nothing happens, can only cancel.
  •  

Graf Geo

I cannot confirm this. Works as usual for me.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on August 31, 2024, 19:31:34I cannot confirm this. Works as usual for me.
Yes, will observe closer, now it works. I also clicked a search result in the general search, nothing happened.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Graf Geo

I can confirm this in turn. Nothing happens with results for new search terms.

Older search entries, on the other hand, can be clicked on and called up in the map.

Workaround until this is fixed:
Once back (Android bottom), restart search, (the search term is retained), then it works.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I've seen & reported long ago this before - Notification center - progress bar is not updated to 100%, and "Display Process successful" at the end of a long running process - observe the 1st screen cap progress bar - routing data download "stuck" at 71% whereas all files were successfully downloaded and actually the 2nd progress bar is correctly progressing:
You cannot view this attachment.
A little later... screen cap #2 after completion of all 3 downloads:
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Locus map 4.25.1.3 BETA.

- Associate gpz extension with Locus map 4.
- Advised import mode is "display only no save".
- Import and test the attached gpz file result.
  icons - images - pdf - navigation.

The gpz contains a gpx file enriched with navigation instructions plus pictures and pdf document.
Displays automatically any icon inclusive hotSpot definition like the flags provided by Slarti76.
Transfer any icon without your correspondent needs to install extra additional icon packages.

Locus Pro Classic 3.70.11 - Locus map 4.25.1.3 BETA
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

small bug: settings > Controlling > Map screen > Map cursors > add(+) cursor from Store > Back > cursor is not displayed in the list until Back > Map cursors again
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

@Graf Geo
visual problem in the track detail > fixed, thanks

@Tapio
search click > fixed, thanks

@Andrew Heard
Notify center > hmm. Also because of some Android changes in how the long-running processes should be done, we will have to recreate a big part of this notify center system. So I'm sure, this will be solved next year (and some new bugs will be created  :) )

Map cursors dialog > thanks. I've noticed that also deleting of cursors does not work, so fixed as well.

slarti76

Quote from: 0709 on September 09, 2024, 19:08:33
Why the ??? is my avatar picture in that screenshot?  :o
  •