[APP] - version 4.16.+ ( 4/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 25, 2023, 21:58:06

TrulloF

Hello, if I activate offline points v4 maps show standard icons above the theme defined ones. V3 maps show the icons as intended (see attached screen shots). I remember v3 had similar problems, but it got fixed. Would be nice to have the old behavior back. Thanks.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Navigation shows a failure: the distance to next turn freezes at its initial value, while the voice announcements adapt to the nearing turn.
You can re-calculate, and the story just repeats.
Running latest Beta
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

michaelbechtold

And yet another observation:
1) I did an exercise with my S10 before its battery exploded (when the technician started to swap it for a new one): Locus 4, beta, burns 24-36% of battery capacity/hour when recording a track, screen off, no guiiding or alike
2) while repair was attempted, I got a brand new S10, same effect
3) after miracle repair of original S10 with new battery and new screen: same effect

@Menion: I sent you a PM with Locus log files attached as well as my settings ZIP from scenario #1
Any idea why this is?

TXs and cheers
Michael

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: michaelbechtold on May 14, 2023, 23:04:17Locus 4, beta, burns 24-36% of battery capacity/hour when recording a track, screen off, no guiiding or alike
I'm currently travelling & track recording many times per day with latest beta & no obvious change from about 4%/hour which has been similar/ same rate over the last few years.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

TrulloF

Quote from: michaelbechtold on May 14, 2023, 21:49:19Navigation shows a failure: the distance to next turn freezes at its initial value, while the voice announcements adapt to the nearing turn.
You can re-calculate, and the story just repeats.
Running latest Beta
I can confirm this bug in latest beta.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
if i want to add coord in a hidden WPT with 0 00.000 values
locus freeze with black screen while i save the corrected insert coords, after ~40 sec window appeares  "wait" or "close"
After restart of locus the insert values are available
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
some crashes and problems/questions regards the search should be solved or discussed by Marek and Radim in a separate topic. Thanks for your help here!

---

@joeloc
- so the last used point folder will be saved only when you confirm the point to edit.
- recording button with 50% opacity > I think this still won't solve your "burning" issue, so the best is really using a side panel with an auto-hide option.

So the only that remains is the copyright button ... hmm, there will be also a solution I believe.

@balloni55
notification on the new Beta version is not available, but I more and more think, it will be needed. Also for the AFA version!

Adding a "hidden WPT" > interesting. I have no such problem. May you post a GC code of the cache so I test it on the same point? Is it downloaded over Locus Map and stored in the database?

@CabrioTourer
thanks for the detailed description of the "double-point problem". I've noted it and will look at it.

@Viajero Perdido
All themes were temporarily removed from the Locus Store and @voldapet is migrating them (or helping theme authors migrate) to the new V4 system.

Also, I really would like to add more nice themes to the Store (mainly now, when the system for themes is identical to other apps), so anyone interested in publishing theme over Locus Store, feel free to contact Petr.

@Tapio
side "Map content" panel is in rewrite - it will be introduced in the next version.

@TrulloF
I'm a little lost here. The first screenshot is a new LoMap with offline LoPoints? Where these icons are from? :). Looks like your own personal points.

@Michael Bechtold
Eh, never saw such a destroyed device ... I forget to respond to your email from April, sorry.
There is nothing to see in the log and can't imagine what the app has to do, to consume 24% of battery/h when the screen is off and the battery is disabled. Maybe if I integrate some Bitcoin miner, but it isn't there, I promise.

The app consumes so much battery for you even during normal daily usage? So even if you simply open the app and just watch the map?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, luce

balloni55

QuoteAdding a "hidden WPT" > interesting. I have no such problem. May you post a GC code of the cache so I test it on the same point? Is it downloaded over Locus Map and stored in the database?

https://coord.info/GC1EY9D

Cache was insert with PQ long time ago and updated with Gc4L

problem accures on each WPT it doesn´t matter i select "my position" or insert coord values manual

For a short time mini map preview was blanc >somewhere in nowhere

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

TrulloF

Quote from: Menion on May 15, 2023, 14:33:59@TrulloF
I'm a little lost here. The first screenshot is a new LoMap with offline LoPoints? Where these icons are from? :). Looks like your own personal points.
First Screenshot is a v3 Lomap with LoPoints (offline activated). 2nd screenshot is a v4 LoMap also with LoPoints (offline) activated. No personal points involved. In v4 my themed points (png) get overlaid by svg LoPoints, where it should look like in the first screenshot with v3. Is this more clear now?
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks, I'll look at it.

@TrulloF
ah understand. This is the correct behavior for now. Offline LoPoints has its own theme independent of the selected map theme. This is currently hardcoded in the app, but we are prepared to make this system public and allow the full setup of offline LoPoints for every theme.

---

And that's all folks ... 4.17 is here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download