[Theme] "Settler"

Started by settler, April 10, 2023, 20:24:40

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 14, 2023, 15:49:03What is "Show place=locality" about?

This is for debugging, some places on the map are not nicely drawn when you turn on the display of this tag. And some are not drawn :) I'll deal with it gradually later.

An interesting thing is "attention", it turns out that I practically did not draw any bridges for roads.

Railway bridges were also very badly drawn, haphazardly - either above the road, or under the roads (this is just as bad in all the mapsforge/locus map themes I have checked - elevate/voluntary/internal locus/tiramisu/...). upd. As it turned out, the error is that someone did not specify a layer for bridges, but now I know how to draw it correctly :)

I seem to have corrected all this in the new versions of the theme.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

@Settler, what do you think about what we discussed above... https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8393.msg71164#msg71164
I noticed you made no changes here.
With display=always, "Lüdinghausen" is displayed and written on top of the river name. Which is good. Without it, it's not displayed at all in OAM Germany at Zl12.

Also I noticed, your releases also carry the version number inside the zip, the folder name. This way our Presets lose their link to your theme and we have to reconfigure (or rename your zip+inside folder).
 спасибо за твои hard работу
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: settler

Tapio

Trail markings, have you made changes? Most ones with text (eg. X1 trail) show no text, just a black box.

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: settler

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 16, 2023, 11:04:55I noticed you made no changes here.
With display=always, "Lüdinghausen" is displayed and written on top of the river name. Which is good. Without it, it's not displayed at all in OAM Germany at Zl12.

Also I noticed, your releases also carry the version number inside the zip, the folder name. This way our Presets lose their link to your theme and we have to reconfigure (or rename your zip+inside folder).

Look now.
  •  

Tapio

Awesome, trail markings is fine now. This is now my preferred theme mostly.
BUT: I don't like the bigger cities UPPERCASE. Aesthetically. Also, increased width I guess, this may introduce more line break issues.
  •  

Tapio

Please consider Display="Always" on town names. Then it writes the town name on top of the poi symbols. As you know, it displays town name until ZL16. So if user wants to see the poi symbols on map, just zoom in. I think it is better than remove town name below symbols, or remove it early.
  •  

Tapio

There's still some trail marking texts not showing up at times.

The black ones should be A8.
  •  

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 17, 2023, 09:53:04There's still some trail marking texts not showing up at times. 51.36396783,7.40647768 The black ones should be A8. .

It seems that it is absolutely impossible to make it always be displayed as it should, I will remove these icons completely.
  •  

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 17, 2023, 09:24:23I think it is better than remove town name below symbols, or remove it early.

Do you want the name of the town to be always on the screen, at all levels?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: settler on April 17, 2023, 13:00:08
Quote from: Tapio on April 17, 2023, 09:24:23I think it is better than remove town name below symbols, or remove it early.
Do you want the name of the town to be always on the screen, at all levels?
I think it would be good. Always on top, but I think not highest zooms, like 16+
  •  

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 17, 2023, 13:59:23I think it would be good. Always on top, but I think not highest zooms, like 16+

I added, you can download the new version.
https://github.com/andrey-nekrasov/oam_theme_settler/releases
  •  

Tapio

I think it's sad you removed the hiking trail markers, they were "mostly" working. Can you maybe add their names close to the trails, like Voluntary does?

I noticed display="always" for towns has gone again and my Lüdinghausen problem from above happens. But not sure if you ever included it.
  •  

settler

Hello,

Quote from: Tapio on April 19, 2023, 08:54:39I think it's sad you removed the hiking trail markers, they were "mostly" working. Can you maybe add their names close to the trails, like Voluntary does?

"hiking trail markers" I will add, but somehow later.

Quote from: Tapio on April 19, 2023, 08:54:39I noticed display="always" for towns has gone again and my Lüdinghausen problem from above happens. But not sure if you ever included it.

Look at the last menu item: "Always show the name of small towns (12-16 levels)"
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: settler on April 20, 2023, 07:02:47Look at the last menu item: "Always show the name of small towns (12-16 levels)"

Thanks Andrey, good option, but that doesn't solve the problem above in https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?msg=71108 - which requires 'display="always"' additionally. I think, in case of town names it is a must-have, they should never be victims of priorities or paint orders.
  •  

settler

Quote from: Tapio on April 20, 2023, 08:51:58Thanks Andrey, good option, but that doesn't solve the problem above in https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?msg=71108 - which requires 'display="always"' additionally. I think, in case of town names it is a must-have, they should never be victims of priorities or paint orders.

I think we don't understand each other. You wanted display=always for place=town and I made it optional, enabled via the menu. And as far as I checked, it works. Or do you want something else?
  •