Web Planner - hide hiking trails and cycling routes (and POI)

Started by Graf Geo, April 04, 2023, 14:50:03

Graf Geo

I raised this earlier in this thread but never got a response. So I'll try it here:

@ Menion: I would like to remind you of this topic again, as I have not received an answer so far.

Is it possible or planned to integrate the option to show and hide the coloured hiking and cycling routes in the Locus web planner?

I often find them annoying and a planned route is difficult to recognise between the many coloured lines.

•  

Menion

Hi,
I've moved this topic to the web planner category and will notify @janaton as he is responsible for the web planner system.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

•  

Graf Geo

Any news for this topic/request? It is enough for me to know whether implementation can be expected at some point.
  •  

Graf Geo

Sorry to bring this up again here. Menion had correctly moved it to this thread:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8378.0
But it is simply not addressed there. I would therefore like to remind you of this again here.
I would be very happy if this option were integrated into the web planner. Thank you.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Menion

And I've again merged posts into this one topic, sorry ;D

This is not so easy task to do. As you may see, even online maps in the Android app do not have this feature. Because online maps are currently based on the raster (so simply JPG/PNG pictures), it is not possible to modify it's content. So maps without hiking/cycling trails means second web server that will supply "duplicate" map. Very expensive solution!

Because of iOS version we are working on (not just), we are discussing the option to use vector data also for the online maps! Well better > we will have to use vector data for online maps soon or later. This will allow us to also quite easily implement this feature.

It will take some time, hopefully not much. Locus Map for iOS is already prepared for online vector maps. Web planner will be for sure during next year and Android ... hmm, it will be harder, but in the worst case, Android may still use raster data ..

Hope my explanation is clear. Feel free to ask if something is not clear ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Graf Geo

Graf Geo

Ok, thanks for your answer, Menion.

I thought this would be easier, as it is possible with other web planners such as BRouter.web. But your explanation is understandable. Then I hope for the future and the changeover to vector data.  :)
  •