Automatic backup paused

Started by arnor, December 17, 2022, 12:47:51

arnor

The daily automatic backup has been paused for about 2 weeks.  See screenshot.  If I click on the green arrow, the backup will continue.  I have already reset the backup but the result remains the same.  (Is it possible to influence the time of the backup?)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I've also noticed the same problem a few days ago. The time of the backup is chosen automatically by the system based on the device's activity, so the app does not have a direct influence here. Anyway, if the upload fails, there is no automatic attempt to repeat, so this is most probably a problem. I'll look at it later.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Since the last update (4.13.1), the automatic backup no longer works. Backup is not created.

The manual backup (option 1: "Back up all") does not work. The orange message "Process unsuccessfull" appears.

Only the manual backup (option 2: "Back up settings only") works.

Currently, there is no possibility to create a complete backup. This is bad.

arnor

Strange.  It appears to me that since 4.13.1 the automatic backup works again;  even without a break.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
for me last backup with upload work on 18.12.although I have set to once a day.
Now i´ve noticed that my free memory becomes less and less

now i found 3 backup.temp files with different sice

EDIT
after i´ve deleted the three tem files next auto backup (700Mb) worked and also upload to GD 

You cannot view this attachment.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I have the same problem as Graf Geo mentioned in #2 above.  This is on my Android 9 phone where Locus/backup is under Android/data/...  I don't do cloud backup (but would, if I could use Proton).
  •  

Menion

I'm really sorry. What happens with the latest two app versions is just because of my quick and incorrectly tested backup of routing profiles. I'll publish one more version during the next few days. Hopefully the last one for some time ...

Sorry  :-X
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Viajero Perdido

No worries.  I think of Cloud Sync as my primary backup, and that works so well, I rarely care about "backup".  :)
  •  

Graf Geo

With the latest update to 4.13.2, the manual backup works again. And without rd5 files.
Thank you and Merry Christmas!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

JohnCNA

I'm having an issue with auto backup getting 'paused' EVERY time. I suspect it is an issue with my phone versus Locus but who knows?

Locus shows my backups paused at 5:58 AM every single time. When I unpause it goes through right away.

I'm wondering if my phone won't allow it to run in the background or something. I have my phone set to auto go to Do Not Disturb from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each day. But the backup pauses every day at 5:58. Seems like a suspicious coincidence.

Locus 4.13.2. Samsung S22+, Android 13, OneUI 5.0. I've checked a bunch of settings but haven't been able to rectify this issue.

Any ideas?
  •  

eligrt

same issue here.
for the last few weeks, automatic back up (which i set oevery 2 days to "Dropbox") is stopped in the middle.
manual "resume" works ok.

S22 Ultra | Android 13 (one UI v5.0) | Locus version 4.13.2
  •  

eligrt

are there any updates regarding this issue?
any estimation if/when will be resolved?  :-\
  •  

michaelbechtold

Have you tried the latest Beta from Google Drive (look at Menion posts for the link) ?
  •  

eligrt

checking.... (testing...)
will update
  •  

eligrt

Apparently, still not working 😕
You cannot view this attachment.
  •