[APP] - version 4.13.+ ( 12/2022 )

Started by Menion, December 06, 2022, 08:07:14

michaelbechtold

Holy sh.. - my backup exploded to 2.4 GB. I definitely support turning the Brouter rd5 backup into an option (default: NO)

Andrew Heard

Another test of track recording auto-pause - see attached - no GPS signal for over 30 minutes with phone stationary, but track recording bottom panel button is still green. What should I expect to see?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

T-mo

used todays new Locus 4.13.1

Routeplanner:
when planning a track and selecting it on the map within the planner, then the track is shown like below
see bottom
Looks like Elevation profile starts appearing a 2nd time, but this is just part of the regular stats pane which slightly pops or moves up, so it's 'Elevation profile' is readable, and due to selecting another segment stats panel pops up, above.
Let me know if I shall create a video.You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Andrew Heard

there are no release notes with latest beta 4.13.1 or 4.13.2
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 16, 2022, 02:42:04there are no release notes with latest beta 4.13.1 or 4.13.2
and no AFA version
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

There already is a public version on Google Play since yesterday + release versions on Google Drive!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

balloni55

Quote from: balloni55 on December 08, 2022, 19:15:11
Quotechg: changed colors in dark theme
hello menion,
and what´s about the 3dot button?
You cannot view this attachment.
no comment, no improvement :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry, in the number of various requests, I've forgotten about it.
Done ... next version, thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 16, 2022, 08:38:58There already is a public version on Google Play since yesterday + release versions on Google Drive!
the beta folder has 4.13.2_1087 (14th Dec) & public folder has 4.13.1_1089 (16th Dec) - a mistake in numbering?
  •  

jonny.blue

Today I received an unsolvable error while trying to load geocaches via the internal method.
You cannot view this attachment.

G4Locus works directly ...

At home the internal method worked again.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
not a direct mistake, but sorry for the confusion. Important is mainly the second number 1087 vs 1089. This is the internal numbering of public versions and it is always incrementing by +1 and can never go backward.

@jonny.blue
I noticed this during the weekend as well. I was trying to fix it and was unable to find out, why the geocaching.com server report any error. And hour later, the issue disappeared, uff. So most probably some issue on the geocaching.com server.

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menione. Backup files sent to the cloud are too big. The last one has over 0.5 GB. Most of the space is occupied by the track.db (800 MB) file. It is unnecessary to back up routes and points for the Gold version because they are stored in the Webplaner. Would it be too difficult to miss these files for Gold users from autonatic backups?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on December 22, 2022, 08:55:46Hi Menione. Backup files sent to the cloud are too big. The last one has over 0.5 GB. Most of the space is occupied by the track.db (800 MB) file. It is unnecessary to back up routes and points for the Gold version because they are stored in the Webplaner. Would it be too difficult to miss these files for Gold users from autonatic backups?
I strongly oppose leaving out the *.db by default. As an option, ok, but in my view, this is an absolute necessity - you can never rely on online storage service, I want to be able to restore my database even when e.g. Locus Web is down.

freischneider

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on December 22, 2022, 08:55:46Hi Menione. Backup files sent to the cloud are too big. The last one has over 0.5 GB. Most of the space is occupied by the track.db (800 MB) file. It is unnecessary to back up routes and points for the Gold version because they are stored in the Webplaner. Would it be too difficult to miss these files for Gold users from autonatic backups?
I still want to backup these files as a Gold user.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Žajdlík Josef

And as a user option? Sending a large backup file is now so problematic that in most cases it will end in an error. Just leave the WiFi range and the deposit will not finish. A small file would be sent much faster.
  •