[APP] - version 4.13.+ ( 12/2022 )

Started by Menion, December 06, 2022, 08:07:14

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Menion on January 04, 2023, 09:40:45...
The new Beta version has just been published. Enjoy it!
Hello Menion, the latest Beta shows a weird effect about locations. I had searched a place in Australia, also added some points. Then made a track in Europe visible and had to change the orienation of the device (portrait to landscape). Guess what map I got presented ...
The latest point in Australia. Reproducable.
Seems like the active location bookkeeping is broken.
Good luck and cheers
Michael

•  

lor74cas

Hello,
I have identified the following critical issue:
url "share location" misinterpreted depending on the method used

Case of use, in locus:
share -> my real time position (the first one, not LT)

now I can copy the link or choose which tool to share with
The copied text is like this example:
"Ciao, Locus Map dice che sono qui al momento: https://web.locusmap.app/loc/45.90000:13.90000."

If I share it with whatsapp there is no problem and the link is interpreted correctly, but if i use a text message the url is misinterpreted as it also considers the final "."

Unfortunately, the misinterpreted link is not formally incorrect and still opens the position but in the wrong place.

As far as I know it is the messaging application that interprets the link because it is not possible to create a real hyperlink in text messages. The message app I use is the default of Samsung.

Even if the error depends on an external app it is better to remove the "." so that the risk of error is reduced

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
with this bookmark setup you have access to the Strava Heatmap in the desired location.
You cannot view this attachment.
The first time the browser opens you only need to log in to see the higher zoom level.

The zoom I used is fixed at 15, because using the same Locus zoom level the two maps differ too much.

No need to manage with config file, cookies, edit file as in this old post https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/strava-heatmap-requires-now-authentification-at-higher-zoom#comment-54089

Obviously a different result is obtained, but for someone it could be useful to easily see the most popular routes
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Andrew Heard

Quote from: lor74cas on January 08, 2023, 11:39:27Even if the error depends on an external app it is better to remove the "." so that the risk of error is reduced
forgive me as this is posted in wrong forum & topic but ignored anyway; there is a similar issue with the Web Planner, sharing a track, mentioned a few times, but never fixed, this time outdoing LM app - sibling rivalry - TWO trailing decimal places, for example
https://web.locusmap.app/en/?shared_track=NzY4ZjAxMDUtOTFmZi00MjY1LTkzMzMtNzA4OTY4NWRmODlhOmNjZjgxMzZmLWYxOGMtNGY2Yi04MGU1LTVmN2FhYTcwMWQ3Yg..
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Michael Bechtold
problem with centering of the map > I noticed it too, thanks. Should be fixed in the next version.

@lor74cas
dot at the end of the shared URL > thanks. I've removed it in the EN translation so others will follow.

@Andrew Heard
from where is the link to the shared web planner route? As I see, in the URL generated by the Android app, no such "double-dots" exists.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on January 09, 2023, 13:50:15from where is the link to the shared web planner route? As I see, in the URL generated by the Android app, no such "double-dots" exists.
@Menion - that is why I apologized for cross post - I'm not referring to the Android app, just to web planner > My Library > Tracks > track > Share. Yes, wrong place to mention, and waste your time. But here is the original suggestion 18 months ago.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard ah, thanks. Easy task, not sure why not yet fixed. I'll push it a little ;)

Menion

Hi guys, I was stuck for almost a whole week solving problems with quite random crashes at the start in some cases ...

Anyway.. the new Beta version 4.13.2.4 on Google Drive with some minor tweaks. Hope all will work as expected and ... enjoy the weekend of course!

Tapio

Menion, since you made changes to the trackinfo. There is this compressed view, you implemented it a while ago. On my screen, it displays incomplete parts of the next line, so it could go lower down to the orange line. See screenshot.

Something you can improve or is it device dependent? You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

New predefined quick bookmark - Strava heatmap - currently hardcoded .../heatmap#15/... I have instead used .../heatmap#{mapZoom}/...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@Tapio
this is an intent to clearly indicate, there is more info at the bottom so you may scroll-up to see it.
  •