[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

baegas

Quote from: Menion on June 11, 2022, 00:34:19
Hmm sorry, but I'm trying also "Ntrip Checker" app from Google Play, and the same result: I'm simply unable from middle Europe, to connect to this server. Even simple "RTS2.ngii.go.kr" in the web browser ends with a "Server not exists" error.

I think it's because the server is located in South Korea, where I live.
Sorry for not being of any help
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd is there any publicly available GNSS device that work over BT4?
i didn´t know, but i have one ;) but it doesn´t matter i own also a normal BT on my Ublox N8M :D

My first experiences with the EPS service (accuracy 0.3-0.8m), which is free of charge in Germany/Badenwürttemberg.
https://www.sapos-bw.de/eps.php

Screencast:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frb4fr8dxsme2fi/NTRIP.mp4?dl=0

sec 5 > the input of the port values behaves very strange, the 0 can not be removed at start of entering values
sec 44/50 > the selected mount point "EPS" is not taken over
sec 57 > when saving locus is terminated immediately, as already reported by baegas

EDIT: PW per PM to menion

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on June 08, 2022, 07:54:46
*** Beta version 4.10.0.1 ***
Minor fixes + NTRIP client for test.

@CabrioTourer
I know. No-go points are handled independently of the points database. And this is an older idea > separate folder just for no-go points. This should solve many problems ...

As far as I understand the older idea is an idea for you to fix it?

Where are the no go areas stored?
I want to use Foldersync but noticed it's not part of data/database folder.
  •  

slarti76

I just noticed a change in the Track Editor (aka "Fine-Tuner"): When clicking on a point, the date/time is not shown anymore in the pop-up. Could you please bring that back, at least the time? I really think it's a big step back, I need the time all the time (no pun intended), e.g. to find out where the rest was in a track. Now I need several clicks for the details for every point! The time only takes 5 characters, so I don't really see any reason to get rid of it...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

There could be something wrong with track recording... anyone? It didn't record elevation here (I use purely SRTM, they exist and dynamic elevation is shown). See screenshot.
Hmmm. Tools - Update Elevation does not fix it. Will analyse gpx export.
EDIT. Menion, doesn't Locus like completely flat areas? The gpx export has "<ele>10.00</ele>" at any trackpoint.
EDIT2: Yes, bug. I re-imported gpx, the one with all 10.00m is displayed as in screenshot, another one where I changed one ele to 10.01 is displayed correctly.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

WujTom

After the update, there was a problem with the voice messages (distance traveled) while recording the activity. Messages in Polish end after 2 km. Then there is just a "pop" in the audience instead of the complete message about the distance traveled.
The problem is only in Polish, in English there is no problem.
In earlier versions, everything worked fine.
I checked on two phones and it is the same with my friend.

ps. Today I am planning a trip for 4 weeks and I will not be visiting the forum for this time.
  •  

Tapio

"Fine-tune" terminology. Why? I guess to distinguish from Route Planner. But imo it's a weird choice. After all, it is a track editor. And e. g. I don't expect split/merge under fine-tune.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on June 16, 2022, 11:28:55
"Fine-tune" terminology. Why? I guess to distinguish from Route Planner. But imo it's a weird choice. After all, it is a track editor. And e. v. I don't expect split/merge under fine-tune.
there was some discussion a few weeks ago, but maybe you missed it?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 16, 2022, 16:17:14
"Fine-tune" terminology. Why? I guess to distinguish from Route Planner. But imo it's a weird choice. After all, it is a track editor. And e. v. I don't expect split/merge under fine-tune.
there was some discussion a few weeks ago, but maybe you missed it?
OK will search, yes, missed it.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I suggested "Fine Tune", but it wasn't my first choice.  "Edit Track" would be better (if not causing confusion with "Edit Info"), or "Track Editor" if a noun is appropriate here, or even "Modify Track" which I think was the original text.  "Modify Track" sounds ideal to me.

I'm not sure if nouns are appropriate as menu commands, but there's an advantage to the command being the same as the title of the screen that shows up, eg Route Planner, Track Editor.

Menion

@balloni55
I'm curious. Is it some kind of publicly available BT4-based GNSS device? Where may I check and purchase it?

@CabrioTourer
I would not call it "fix", but yes, there already is an idea to merge "no-go" points with the current "points" system.

Currently they are stored in the Locus\cache\various\nogo_places.lb

@slarti76
Hmm removed time&date in the popup is some kind of unwanted side-effect. This feature should be an optional settings in the Settings > Points & tracks > Track label > . This option is anyway missing in the LM4 and seems you did some "reset" of settings so this option was changed to the default "false". Will be fixed in the next app version.

@tapio
problem with elevation sounds like a very serious problem! I see no such issue in my recent app version I use. Post me here a screenshot of the first tab of the "Altitude manager" so I can set up the same settings and try to simulate it, thanks.

Discussion about the naming: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7917.msg67994#msg67994 . @michal also liked this "label" so be it ... is it really so bad?

@WujTom
will have to try listen to Polish TTS to test it :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

As for terminology, what Viajero says, same preference by me. Imo the track editor isn't just fine-tuning. Fine-tune to my ears sounds less like a serious tool but more like "fiddling around", but I'm not a native EN speaker.

Btw any plans to allow undo/cancel save in track fine tune editor 😉? Changes there are instantly applied.

Screenshot and GPX attached. In the GPX, every TP has "<ele>10.00</ele>" - which Locus seems to misinterpret. I think not so serious, totally flat tracks are rather rare.

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on June 16, 2022, 21:13:12
@slarti76
Hmm removed time&date in the popup is some kind of unwanted side-effect. This feature should be an optional settings in the Settings > Points & tracks > Track label > . This option is anyway missing in the LM4 and seems you did some "reset" of settings so this option was changed to the default "false". Will be fixed in the next app version.
Thx. Talking about "reset of settings": I mentioned this before, but I can confirm now that it happens with every install of a new beta version: Navigation>Select Voice is reset to "Text-to-speech". I always set it to "No voice", and everytime after a new install and I start a navigation, I suddenly hear a voice again, because TTS got reset to default. Not a biggie, just weird nobody else seems to have it (perhaps everyone here uses TTS?)...
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI'm curious. Is it some kind of publicly available BT4-based GNSS device?
no, i have two different BT modules for testing. don't waste any more time on this.

Are there any new findings about NTRIP?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Michal

"Fine-tune" terminology. Why? I guess to distinguish from Route Planner. But imo it's a weird choice. After all, it is a track editor. And e. g. I don't expect split/merge under fine-tune.
OK, we're renaming it to "Edit track". It is more generic than "repair" or "fine-tune" and the tool in which it is done is called "Track editor". Hopefully this will suit the majority.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague