[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

Menion

@lor74cas
thanks for the empty files in "data/sensors" - fixed

@michaelbechtold
Who has problems with "not enough space"? This happens during the migration process or just before it even starts as a small warning?

@slarti76
hmm, I think I have an idea. I'll look at it, thanks. Anyway fact that it already works for Michael is interesting, because it should not from my dev point of view  :D
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

That is happening when selecting which way to go.

I tried so many things on 3 devices throughout the day, but I did not take systemtic notes. My recollection is:
- if there is a map that is bigger than the free space, then you cannot go there. Even if you move between places on the same storage. Seems you do  copy/delete pairs, not a linux style mv. The documentation should warn about that scenario, or Locus should even tell which file that is (because I think Locus knows the details, because the grand total cannot trigger a no-go).
- if you have maps or mapsVectoron on extSD and chose have the main folder on intSD, then there is a good chance that the combined size will not fit into intSD (there is a reason people use extSDs :-)
Here I propose that you leave any file on the storage where it is before, only move to private space.
A user can easily comprehend that, because they moved maps (raster and/or vector) to different places in the firts place.

My bottom line from hours of testing today ...

Cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion your drive.google.com/drive/folders/... only lists MapGooglePlay_4.5.0.1_1046_beta.apk 4th Dec) although the latest Play Store version is 4.5.4?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion, @Petr: on S10 I downloaded the same OAM file (again) to my S10 (OAM-World-1-11-J60.mbtiles) with the n-1 versions (LMP and LM4), not migrated. Just works.

Go to A52, latest version (LMP): error message now " unknown problem", initially "Cannot obtain zoom levels ". Both with the file on int or ext SD.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 12, 2021, 08:52:09
PS: after that Locus will download all maps LoMaps and OAM (vector and raster for world) to the ext SD, While you control ont SD manually
Tried that now, works well. :)

@Menion: Perhaps you could mention that in the "Change directory" dialog, along the lines of "Even when choosing external SD as directory, data in the equivalent internal directory will still be used". No need to change functionality, just as a reassurance to "power users"...
  •  

Menion

Beta version: MapGooglePlay_4.5.4.1_1053_beta
- app now automatically create & scan "X/Android/media/menion.android.locus/maps(Vector)" directories for a maps. Give it a try and let me know ...
- you may try to simply import a map by the "Import" function over the app or click on any map file in the file browser and choose a Locus Map. The app should copy the selected file into maps or mapsVector directory and use it. No exact selection for now.

@michaelbechtold
- this is correct, in most cases is done copy & delete, not a direct move. Technical limitation ...
- current there is a small push to move also custom directories at once. Now, with the option to move maps separately to SD card, it brings some new options. Thanks, I'll think about it.
"Cannot obtain zoom levels" - Petr already wrote that he discuss this with you ...

@Andrew Heard
you were probably looking into the directory with Beta versions. It is correct, there was no Beta version younger the public version.

EDIT: ah @michaelbechtold, I've forget on one important update!!
Start app, long click on the main menu > "Log to file" and enable "Log to file" + choose both "initialize" options. Then stop the app, wait 5+ seconds and start again. In "Locus/logs" will be a log, so send me it please (latest). Thanks

Tapio

Locus doesn't create its directories in Android/Media. Not in both, int/ext. Also, I didn't manage to make it parse it. Paths as you wrote. Maps, MapsVector. Tried restart LM, used the refresh function in the map manager...

Webp support works nicely, thx.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

I've forget to mention, this is enabled for A11+ devices only ... are you trying it on such device?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on December 13, 2021, 20:48:55
I've forget to mention, this is enabled for A11+ devices only ... are you trying it on such device?
Ah, thx, no, A10.
  •  

balloni55

Quotethanks for the empty files in "data/sensors" - fixed
confirm, no new are added, but long list of old files must be deleted manually
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Thx for todays update, now, finally, LoPoints does not start with the search page, good...
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on December 03, 2021, 15:46:03
Why is the "export" directory important? Does it make difference if exported data are in the internal or external private directory? I'll look at it later. I believe that "export" should be improved in a similar way like "backup" works > so directly into the root of int/ext storage. It will just need a little more work ...
During a trip, I always export tracks directly to the folder that also contains the trips photos. This folder is then synced to my server. Not being able to pick an arbitrary folder on my file system as export directory in Locus is a bit of a nuisance... but I guess Android 11 restrictions just happen :/
  •  

Menion

@joeloc
sorry, this is due to lack of time. In January I'll for sure look at it. This should be doable even with new Android 11 restrictions.
  •  

Menion

New version 4.5.5 is available on the Google Play.

Change in the A11+ file-system > check app settings > Misc > File manager and enjoy it ;). And please, do not forget to keep in mind (we will be writing it everywhere) > we have a temporary exception!! from the Google team. Temporary for how long? No one knows. So we have to prepare, it will end one day ...

Locus Map Pro is currently in the verification process ... we'll see how things go ...

balloni55

names of vector maps are displayed twice
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •