Questions about POIs

Started by eldron, August 22, 2021, 11:10:05

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on August 27, 2021, 10:05:04
Tip: best zoom system by one finger ... tap > up tap > tap and hold ... now swipe with your finger up and down.
You mean, generally? It's not in Locus, right?

@Freischneider: But less (e)MTBs in the woods would be even better 😁😁👻 Where I was alone 10 years ago, say, on a 15% up slope,  today a family, with their fat uncle and 100 year old granddad overtake me. Nah seriously, it is as it is, we gotta make the best of it. Even though I don't like that development.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

eldron

@tapio
The zoom that menion describes works in Locus, but it was new to me too.
I was just confused by his "tap > tap up > tap and hold" description of it. You just have to do a quick double tap and hold at the end of the second tap. You can then swipe up or down for zooming in / out. Actually works pretty well, but my muscle memory still wants to click that zoom button  ;D
I´d also prefer if it would actually load the map whilst zooming to see if I´m in the zoom level that I want. But it only reloads the map once you let go. You´ll see what I mean when you try it out.
  •  

eldron

The problem with the offline POIs not showing on the map (as described in my initial post) is back. I have changed from locus map Pro to locus map 4 and had hoped that that would solve the problem, but it hasn't.
Sometimes the offline POIs (viewpoints, ruins, toilets etc.) just stop loading from one second to the next. I have no idea what's causing it and even worse I have no idea how to get them back.
Restarting locus, restarting the phone, clearing locus app cache, changing the map, turning POIs off and on - nothing has helped so far. Sometimes they are back for a while, just to disappear again.
This has happened on two different Lomaps (Italy and Switzerland).
Online POIs don't seem to be affected, but they are no option when I'm in Switzerland, as roaming is crazy expensive there.
When I actively search for offline POIs (e.g. Supermarkets) it works just fine and they show up on the map.
Any idea on how to get my offline POIs back?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: eldron on August 27, 2021, 22:50:06You just have to do a quick double tap and hold at the end of the second tap.
Ah thanks, now I get it. Yes I see, it doesn't load data, also you cannot move map (eg by adding a 2nd finger and then drag).

Cannot tell about offline POI, but I have seen disappearance of geotagged photos map pois  at times. I have many, say, like 2000. They disappeared sometimes, in a refresh context I think. IDK exactly, was rare.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

@eldron: report the problem to the help desk.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

We should try to discuss it here when we already started eldron.

What may have affected this is an area you try to display and downloaded offline LoMaps. If the list of LoMaps you have currently downloaded isn't long, may you please list them here so I may try to simulate the same environment on my device? There may be some problem with auto-loading I guess. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: eldron on August 27, 2021, 22:50:06You just have to do a quick double tap and hold at the end of the second tap. You can then swipe up or down for zooming in / out.
I've known that functionality was there for years but never managed to get my finger to do the right thing until @eldron explained like this. Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

eldron

@menion
I'll send you the required Information via PM. I'm not sure if you will be able to reproduce it, as I still can't say what's triggering it. One day they just keep disappearing and the next day it's OK. I Used locus all day today and the POIs worked flawlessly.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: eldron on August 27, 2021, 09:54:25
I can already hide the zoom buttons, if you don´t have that setting you should maybe update locus. I have the same options as with the other map items (vissible, auto-hide, hide).
@eldron - sorry for late reply. You may have misunderstood my point. See my suggestion here https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/25808-add-zoom-buttons-to-list-of-function-panel-buttons.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •