[APP] - version 4.2.+ ( 15. 6. 2021 )

Started by Menion, June 15, 2021, 14:48:07

Menion

EDIT: new version *MapGooglePlay_4.2.1.2_1023_beta* with "white-panels fix" available!

@Andrew Heard and others on A8-
I've noticed the exact same issue with the white side content panel (or recording panel) on my Samsung S7 and also once missing content in the bottom panel. Seems to be some issue in Android so time to search for a hack ...

---

A little later: btw. thanks for the precise testing and report. The blank panel should be solved now. Problem with duplicated tracks after recording happened to me once or twice as well ... still no idea how this may happens, sorry. Does it happen always to you?

@michaelbechtold
weird. Track recording is made into file(s) stored in the Locus/cache/track_rec directory. These data should be deleted in the moment, track is correctly saved into the database. There is no reason why this should not happen in the case, data are correctly saved and also exported, hmm.

You may only try to create a bug report by the old method after this failure happens. There may be visible some error .. maybe.

@WujTom
I've asked twice because the file you shared with us in your post had version 4!

Anyway, please use (for example) this tool: https://jsonlint.com . JSON is very sensitive to incorrect syntax and in your file exists 4 small issues ... thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Blank (white) windows: I still have these problems with the new beta.
I will not continue testing on vacation and use 4.2.

Versions:
Very good solution now to provide both versions (beta + officials). You have all the possibilities.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Still? Hmm. Definitely better not to waste a time by testing on vacation ;). Anyway thanks.

There is only a problem, that downgrade from beta to public means re-install. The solution may be publishing all versions with the same internal ID ... hmm  8)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I confirm the fix for the white bottom panel in the latest beta, thanks!

Tested on both my devices (nothing special, nothing broken on the older one).  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

freischneider

I have now reinstalled. In the future I have a 2nd telephone. Then I test the beta first on one and after a few days on the other.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 06, 2021, 16:14:13
A little later: btw. thanks for the precise testing and report. The blank panel should be solved now.
@menion - 3 recorded tracks - no further problems - well done

duplicated tracks after recording happened to me once or twice as well ... still no idea how this may happens, sorry. Does it happen always to you?
it has only happened during the "blank recording panel" issue, not since
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

WujTom

@WujTom
I've asked twice because the file you shared with us in your post had version 4!

Anyway, please use (for example) this tool: https://jsonlint.com . JSON is very sensitive to incorrect syntax and in your file exists 4 small issues ... thanks.

I corrected the file. I tested it on the way to work this morning and it looks ok.
I attach the file here, and I suggested changing to GitHub.

Will the pl.tts file be delivered with the installation or will it always have to be uploaded manually?

If manually, can I share the file on several Polish forums where users use Locus?
  •  

Tapio

One change is: "Navigation UI settings added to presets". I cannot find those?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Axel D

@ADiet
anything special about these tracks that may find out why this happens? What happens when you tap on any of these tracks?
—------

I can't get these tracks visible, but only in my Inlineskating folder. If I want to see the details and tap on the track in the list, locus crashes. But if I see the statistics of one track, you can see it.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@WujTom
thanks!! I've updated the translation in the public repository. It will appear automatically in the next app version, no manual update necessary.

@Tapio
ah thanks, I'm stupid. I've added these three options into the list of supported options, but not into UI picker. Fixed!

@ADiet
oki, so I'll need you "Users ID" to find more info about the crash. It is possible, it won't be enough and I'll probably need your database file, but hope not  :). Thanks.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: Hi Menion, today I had one successful track recording closure and one with infinite loop.
And I had a look into the cache directory you mentioned:
- both, the export file was properly stored, and
- the track was put into the database (checked with LMP, while LM4 was in infinite loop)
- and two files stayed in that cache directory: track_0.lb (47 kB) and track_breaks_0.lb (4 B), both with timestamps from my closing the track.
Then I killed LM4 via Android swipe, moved the two files away and restarted. And LM4 still ended up in an infinite loop - AND it created a new track_0.lb (8 B).
Hence the information about a "recording" track must be somewhere else, too, beyond the existence of the file(s) in the cache directory.
Another round of stop, delete cache file and restart made LM4 behave.
What I also observed: when I installed the very latest Beta today and started LM4, the boot sequence paused a bit around 11%, then rushed to 65% or so and soon after LM4 showed the map.
After the hard stop(s), though, the restart CRAWLED from 11 to 24, ...., 65% or so, then as above, taking MUCH longer. There was NO change in map setup inbetween.
So, again, there must be a weird trigger inside LM that makes this difference to the worse.
I hope those observations will help cornering the error ...
Good luck and kind regards
Michael
  •  

Axel D

Hi Menion,
today i recorded a new track with the latest beta version. Unfortunately I can't save it, locus crashes. Then I paused it and deinstalled LM4.
After installation of the stabil version 4.2.1 I was able to save the recorded track. And after putting my backup settings in locus all settings except the folders were OK. I modified the folders to the SD card, as before.
Now the track folder has the normal behavior.

I am very happy that locus function in the normal way again.

And I don't want to have such a problem again.

Axel

My user-ID is 74eedf2129

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
Damn, this seems to be weird ...

"Swipe" in the list of recently active apps, does not always have to completely kill the app, so do not rely on this!

Slowdown during the start > there should be visible some text, why is app paused. Maybe it waited on finishing automatic backup, maybe it was stuck for a while by testing filesystem permissions, there is really a lot of tasks that happen and if the device is busy with some other tasks at this moment, it may take a few seconds more ...

Only what I may do about recording, is adding some more logs to the app. So in the next Beta (tomorrow), please enable the "Logs to file" option in the hidden menu (long tap on the main menu) and after this problem happens, send me the last log where should be more info, thanks.

@ADiet
hmm, I do not see any crash for your ID  :-\

Joska

Hello
I'm trying to get some order in my tracks and routes and have therefore created several folders in which I want to sort. Now happens regularly that I mark 5, 6 or some more tracks, and suddenly -zack- the window closes and in am back on the home page of LM. This has happened to me about 10 times.

Known?

Joska
---
  •  

Tapio

Never happened to me.

What exactly are you doing...? Select tracks (checkboxes to the left) after longtap? Or showing tracks via the eye symbol?
To consider: single tap on the map square to the left of any track shows track on map instantly.

Quote from: Joska on July 11, 2021, 22:03:47
Hello
I'm trying to get some order in my tracks and routes and have therefore created several folders in which I want to sort. Now happens regularly that I mark 5, 6 or some more tracks, and suddenly -zack- the window closes and in am back on the home page of LM. This has happened to me about 10 times.

Known?

Joska
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •