[APP] - version 4.2.+ ( 15. 6. 2021 )

Started by Menion, June 15, 2021, 14:48:07

VelkyVezir

Quote from: VelkyVezir on June 19, 2021, 23:02:07
Quote from: Menion on June 18, 2021, 21:12:29
Guys, thanks for the feedback. I hope, most of the mentioned problems are now fixed in the new 4.2.1 version (just published).

Thanks fo the update. However, the corrected coords are still not working  :-[

I didn't change anything in GSAK so I have no idea what happened but after I re-exported the GPX file the corrected coords are OK now!  8)
  •  

Menion

Seems everybody is enjoying sunny/rainy weather (that is at least now in central Europe), nice.

Fortunately seems that I did not miss, because of the small holiday I had, nothing important. Fine. So enjoy summer  ;)!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on July 01, 2021, 12:29:09
Seems everybody is enjoying sunny/rainy weather (that is at least now in central Europe), nice.

Fortunately seems that I did not miss, because of the small holiday I had, nothing important. Fine. So enjoy summer  ;)!
Well, if you're looking for stuff to do, I'll take the oppourtunity and ask again for an improvement of map shading: We discussed this before, currently the map shading (hill shading) in Map Level 12 is much more detailed than in Level 13 (easy to see). You justified that with speed considerations, but that was years ago, phones are much faster. And I would be fine with an expert setting "Less detailed map shading from level X", so the user could decide for themselves whether their phone is fast enough for which level.
It's just a shame that your algorithm produces such good shading up to level 12 and then it's all a blur...
  •  

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_4.2.1.1_1022_beta published with a few nice updates (mainly better usage of display on A9+).

@slarti76
I wrote that I do not have what to do? ;D Petr pushes me to Locus GIS, Jan to some tasks related to app promotions (because our summer sales are a lot worst than we hoped to be true) and my internal task list has little more than 100 things to do ... uff. Anyway shading, right ...  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

baegas

The menu button disappears after using the newly released beta version
There seems to be a bug where the button disappears and the arrangement is messed up.
  •  

Menion

Interesting. On which device? Android version? Full-screen in the app enabled?
  •  

freischneider

The screen is still locked after switching on again. Already written here. I also opened a ticket.
The main menu was not visible with me and when opening the Map Content Panel, there was no content. Now it goes again. But I can not tell what I did exactly.
What is permanent: When opening the track manager, the system panel are visible below.
S8, Android 9, full screen
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

WujTom

I don't know if it's a good place but I'm using version 4.2.1, that's why I describe the problem here.

At the request of your fb, I updated the file for voice commands in Polish.
Commands from the pl.tts file are not read during navigation mode.

After updating the file, I wanted to test it, the commands are still the same as before the file was uploaded. For example, the message about being lost from the route while navigating should be "Trasa w odległości %D2 na %N3 godzinie", unfortunately "%D1 na %N2 godnia" is spoken. The message is incomplete and grammatically incorrect.

I checked if the pl.tts file was seen by LocusMap (I put an error in the file on purpose, an error message in the file was displayed when starting the application). So I don't suspect the file is in the wrong place. My path is / Locus / data / tts / (see lokalizacja_pliku.jpg).

TTS Polish version is set everywhere in the application settings. (see ustawienia.png).

I am also enclosing the pl.tts file
  •  

freischneider

The problem with the locked screen is solved.
I saw another register next to the home at Tasker. There were then different active profiles in it. One was a screen lock. I suspect that the update of the Locus Tasker Addon was activated. I've never laid out there. Now the problem of June is gone (menu opens in speech recognition).
I all have disabled profiles in this tab.
  •  

fraben

I hope I'm in the right place to tell you about my difficulties.

I am using version 4.2.1 and when I download maps from the French lGN base, it takes an extremely long time, much longer than before. I haven't downloaded for over six months. It takes more than thirty (30!) Hours of download for a card of around 2 GB.

My internet line is not in question, I checked its speed. I also checked the download speed on another app which also has an IGN subscription and everything is going as usual: about 15 minutes of download for a map of about 2 GB.

What can I do ? is this an app bug? is this a temporary problem?

Thank you for your help
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I like the new effect in the beta on Android 9, where the map peeks through behind the system's top- and bottom panels.

On other screens with a white background, the content doesn't peek through the bottom panel, and the system buttons are almost invisible.  So I aim for "back" by memory of where it should be.  No big deal, and maybe it's something not under your control.
  •  

baegas

Quote from: Menion on July 03, 2021, 06:12:50
Interesting. On which device? Android version? Full-screen in the app enabled?

The smartphone is a Samsung Note 8 and Android 9 uses full screen
  •  

freischneider

How do I get a version back. I have the current beta and this is not possible. For such a case you should have a way to jump back a version.
  •  

Menion

@fresichneider
uff, I'm really glad you solved this, because this was close to being a one of the unsolvable problems  :)

"This is not possible" > what is not possible?

@WujTom
firstly, thanks for participation on TTS files update, appreciate it!
My quick check: were you using the latest EN TTS file? If so, then definitely update the version to the latest "8" in the head of the file!

@fraben
Hi, I'm checking speed of IGN servers and in my case, app downloaded 500MB/hour, so it should be 4 hours in your case. Not sure where was problem. Slow internet connection? Temporary slowdown on the IGN server? Hard to say, sorry. Btw. did you tried any vector maps like LoMaps, OpenAndroMaps and or any other? It may save you a lot of space and time ...

@Viajero Perdido
Hmm this happens on your Blackview with Android 9?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Menion on July 04, 2021, 21:45:17@Viajero Perdido
Hmm this happens on your Blackview with Android 9?
Correct.  It's the only device I have with Android 9+.

If this affects only me, I wouldn't worry about it.  :)
  •