[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

luce

Edit: Happens only with some tracks, with others not. Strange... I can't spot the difference.

Problem is, as soon as I export a track causing a crash and then reimport it, it works. This means sending you a gpx of a track which is not working makes no sense, does it?
  •  

balloni55

it is possible to add function "magnifier" as well as "zoom lock" to floating window and also on map-screen content, but both are only working on side/bottom panel.

if i add magnifier to a preset side panel, activate it and change to preset without magnifier > magnifier is furthermore visible and i can´t deselect it
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: freischneider on April 09, 2021, 16:44:59
I find the solution with the provided version on Drive Super. I am this way for it.
+1 for me, is a "good enough" means for beta testing as long as all beta testers are aware of the method and Locus team don't have to spend too much time re-explaining. Write down the procedure in one sticky post like was done for LM4 beta testing.

LM4.0.1.1 gold - new track detail looks great; one suggestion/ reminder that I have made before:
tap track > tap bottom/LHS info button > trackpoint N > please support long-tap for << & >> buttons to quickly show details of 1st & last trackpoint.

At startup LM4 very briefly displays popup "test version expired"?

presets > Map-screen content visibility: currently Visible | Auto-hide - please add Hidden option - same as Track rec & Zoom buttons visibility.

BUG: settings > Controlling > Panels > Bottom panel > Full auto-hide - when I double tap main screen, the hamburger menu is not made visible. ie: double tap to hide menu, but next double tap doesn't restore visibility.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

luce

Hello again :)

Bug: "Share URL Link" of track doesn't work when automatic sync is disabled.

First comes a popup screen "To make this work, please sync your tracks...", but after doing so, Locus doesn't offer the option to share the link any more.

As soon as I enable automatic sync, sharing works again.

Concerns both 4.0.1 and 4.0.1.1 versions.
  •  

luce

Quote from: freischneider on April 09, 2021, 19:53:00
But I think the description belongs to the title. The description should be just under the title.

This seems logical at first glance, but the elevation diagram should be fully displayed after tapping a track, otherwise the swiping function on the diagram wouldn't make sense.

When the description would contain more than one line, e.g. a list of opening hours, there wouldn't be enough space any more for that.
  •  

Menion

Thanks for the feedbacks regards the new track screen. I won't comment this yet, but seems you are +- Ok with this change, fine :).

@balloni55
Placing magnifier and zoom lock as you wrote is of course doable. Any idea how to solve this? Btw. is it really a problem?

@Andrew Heard
- hidden "Map-screen content" is no option for me, sorry. This is the correct button that has to be always available. Many features are accessible only from this panel (and will come more probably).

@luce
Automatic sync has to be enabled for sharing a track over Url, it is necessary requirement. I'll check what you wrote, thanks.

Crash when opening tracks, hmm. I've of course did not notice such a problem. Will have to open more tracks probably :).

---

New version 4.0.2 released at the night. Should mainly fix troubles with the sync of tracks that some users suffer with.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Diddi

Installed 4.0.2.

Seems to have solved the geocrashing bug  :)
Thanks and a happy weekend
  •  

lor74cas

Sync ok now thank you

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

luce

•  

Andrew Heard

Just installed LM4.0.2 Gold - after tapping Next button on the intro release notes it immediately crashed. And now each time there is an immediate crash on running the app ;-(
I deleted LM3Pro only a few hours ago.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

@Menion, shameless reminder from the old LM4 thread... I was asking for an easy way to spot the distance from current position until a tapped point on track.
I already remind you now, because you will never have 14 days of vacation. hrhrhr 😜

QuoteDistance along active route: very wanted task, I know. Doable with a new LM4 point screen. Remind me this once LM4 will be out and I'll return from at least a 14-day vacation  ;D, thanks.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAny idea how to solve this? Btw. is it really a problem?
allow to add this two functions only to side/bottom panel and no it´s not a problem for me, but....

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 10, 2021, 09:47:04
Just installed LM4.0.2 Gold - after tapping Next button on the intro release notes it immediately crashed.
me too. but only once.
but it close allways immediately if i select one of my presets. Other presets work

EDIT
in BETA i´ve added new "hide options" to this preset
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Hello Menion,
Can you make the link to new APK versions in the first post. Or always in the post office where you report about it.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Missed the beta. Android does not update Locus with the apk now. I have to uninstall first. But I'm afraid... 😔
I guess it is because store version is 4.0.2 already.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: tapio on April 10, 2021, 11:01:52
But I'm afraid... 😔
I guess it is because store version is 4.0.2 already.
exactly this happen to me..... and BETA is gone
so for now i´ve canceled autoupdate in Playstore and have to wait on next BETA apk
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •