[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

freischneider

To reposition the vertical line, I have to click into the diagram. So I do not meet the exact place.
It would be better if I could touch the vertical line below. So I can push you there where I want.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
Unification of the full-screen track screen with the map bottom popup is close to impossible. It is exactly the same system as with points. Above map > small bottom dialog without a map. In other screens, full-screen detail. It is not a dialog anymore, but a full-screen, so-called, activity. There is no option for something like "swipe down".

Problem with tap > I do not use it too much (prefer bottom device "back" button). I Will try it, thanks.

@fresichneider
Dragging of this vertical line was possible in the previous version. Unfortunately it

• highly collide with swipe up/down of whole bottom dialog
  • it also reacted on the drag even like it was a click on the chart > result was the move of the map on clicked place on the chart > stupid
So, I've rather disabled this behavior because it only complicated usability.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

• track list > tap track > Navigation > immediately returns to track list instead of displaying navigation screen (impossible to navigate)
  • release notes say "option to display route itinerary directly from new track detail screen" - from previous discussion I thought the new route itinerary was going to be accessible from the Route Planner menu?
  • What is the most efficient way to display details of 1st & last point of a track; especially the starting/ end timestamp? I have suggested a few times that long-tap on << & >> move quickly to 1st & last points.
  • existing track > Route Planner > menu > Generate round trip > unhelpful error message
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

baegas

hi

I don't know if it is correct to suggest a post about the beta version here

This time, it seems that the track information window interface has been changed in the beta version of Locus Map v4.0.2.6.
Like the captured photo in the Google Photos link below, in the current full version, I edit the html and use the "description" part.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PBtNER7CT5Qp7yg48

But in v4.0.2.6 beta, that's not possible. Can you make it possible in a future full version?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZsKigjkDtdJnZWY6
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion urgent help required please: I don't know if this is related to MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.5_1010_beta but I've never experienced this issue of not being able to save a track before due to "unknown problem". Not a very helpful error message BTW ;-( It was a simple use-case of track recording > track save. 100% ordinary. There is plenty of free memory; I've tried rebooting; I've tried pausing/ un-pausing; I've tried selecting different folders & activities. So at present I have no way of further track recording which is quite annoying (yes, my risk of beta testing).

I next installed the latest 4.0.2.6 but the same problem. I note when exiting Locus there is the expected orange "paused" msg but then a generic Android error message "Locus Map has stopped; Close App " (no other details). I have captured & emailed a bug report to you.

I next uninstalled 4.0.2.6 & installed (revert to) MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.4_1008_beta which was working yesterday w/o this problem, and now I was able to save the track, phew, although now have to fix/ restore a lot of settings.

I exported the track & checked with Windows Garmin BaseCamp & looks 100% OK.

One last note: when I now go to the track list I can see that each attempt to save the track was actually successful, despite the error to the contrary - I have 10+ identical tracks. I will leave Locus w/o attached subscription account & not make any setting changes for now, in case the current settings/ state could be of interest to you.
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on April 26, 2021, 09:19:00
@Andrew Heard, @T-moWhat comes to my mind > option to display "itinerary" directly in the new track detail (as another option in the bottom menu). With this, you should also check the detailed navigation itinerary with Route planner > Menu > Route stats > itinerary. It this a possible solution for you?
sure

1010_beta

• black theme - in usage since weeks, months, no issues so far, except the black-map-background
  • new track/point details - with points the 'location' (coordinates) should be top-most, currently below 'details' (folder)
  •  

Tapio

@Menion, track screen from data manager, which cannot be moved down... I was thinking about quickly comparing tracks and seeing a bit more of them on the map.
tap track, look, maybe look at text data, go back, tap different track.
But no big deal. You seemed to use a different ui element with less dragging possibilities and made it look like the other track screens which may confuse at first, but no big deal for me.
Quote from: Mapper on April 28, 2021, 18:51:53
Actually I love the small Track-popup screen in Locus Pro because it shows me both the distance from the start and the distance to the end of the track. For me that's usufull information when hiking, often I don't need more!
In the new large Track-popup screen I can't find this valuable information, am I overlooking something?
As Menion wrote, you need to go to the point screen from there, bottom left icon. Indeed more taps to do for you. And you probably need to drag the point screen to see the desired info.
Keep in mind this is actively developed and you can make suggestions. Eg., for you, an option to see point screen first,instead of track screen. Or "show point screen first while routing". idk if it's useful, just brainstorming.

I'm thinking the fore and back from point to track is not ideal, tap at different places.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

@Menion I experienced the same as Andrew! Recording initiated by an intent. I noticed, it wasnt stopped by Tasker, but should have. And so I wanted to stop it manually. Not possible, as Andrew wrote. I stopped Locus, it comes up with that message "recording running", and I think I just dumped the recording with that recycle bin icon, which made the recording stop. Serious problem.

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on April 28, 2021, 22:31:48
@fresichneider
Dragging of this vertical line was possible in the previous version. Unfortunately it

• it also reacted on the drag even like it was a click on the chart > result was the move of the map on clicked place on the chart > stupid
As @fresichneider and @Andrew Heard wrote, we need something to more precisely select a specific point on the track. I think @Andrew Heard is right, I would suggest inserting the selector buttons in the title part of the track as it remains visible.
The panel could therefore not only give information on the entire track, but also have a section dedicated to information relating to the point. Furthermore, in the information relating to the point, the distance from the beginning / to end of the track itself could be mentioned.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Beta testing on J3 Android 5.1.1.
1) The displayed route data is duplicated several times. See. Frames in SCR.
2) When closing Locus, press the Back button to release the quitting message. See. SCR.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard

• navigation from the track list > thanks, fixed
  • itinerary is placed under bottom menu > 'More' button and thanks to this, it is available in Route planner as well, as I wrote before
  • there is currently no option to quickly skip to first/last trackpoint
  • round trip generator error message updated. I've forget about it, thanks

Issue with saving a track: thanks, found & fixed!

@baegas
There should be a "more" button that displays full-screen window with a description. Hmm, may you please share one track with such description as GPX? I'll try to improve it, thanks. And yes, it is definitely the correct place!

@Žajdlík Josef
1) you compare the popup on the map (probably enabled by you in the settings) with the name of the track (defined during saving also by you) with real-time when the track was created. So from my point of view, it is ok like this.
2) thanks, noticed as well. Not a usage problem, but fixed of course.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on April 28, 2021, 21:24:39
@slarti76
Currently, it is ... correct. App by default specifies a background color that matches the current mode (dark/light). Anyway, there are maps (mainly vector maps with "theme") that have their own definition of the background color. And this is used no matter if dark/light is selected. I was thinking about working with this color as well, but I'm sure that preserving defined background color for vector map is the ideal solution.
Ok, as I said, it's fine with me, was just confusing at first.

Quote1sec delay ... always? There was no change in the latest versions ...
Yes, on my S9 and Tab S5e the speed is normal, but on the XCover Pro it's always a lag of around 1s. I know it's a slower phone - but it's only the main menu... I think it's not new as such, may have been like that since Locus 4 (don't have LM3 installed there anymore, but I'm sure it was never that slow). Could it have to do with the "Gold" Status? Perhaps there's an additional query every time the menu opens?

Also, the "Map-screen content" sidebar visibly first opens a narrow white strip before the whole thing opens. Perhaps 50px wide. It's definitely not a "move-in effect", it's not smooth, and it's noticable on all my device (with differing speed, though).

I tried to do a screen recording, but you can't see when I tap anything, so it's not that helpful...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

@Slarti. My guess: something connect/login related? I'm thinking about the top line in main menu with your name, which needs the login. I've noticed some small delay there. But irrelevant here, is just like 0.5 s and main menu is operable all the time. Try mobile data vs. wifi vs. offline vs. not logged in...
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on April 29, 2021, 08:52:13
[@Žajdlík Josef
1) you compare the popup on the map (probably enabled by you in the settings) with the name of the track (defined during saving also by you) with real-time when the track was created. So from my point of view, it is ok like this.
I understand, but it is necessary that the label appears in that little preview? And the route name is the default Lucus setting. This will thus be displayed by most users.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Quote from: lor74cas on April 29, 2021, 08:01:15
Quote from: Menion on April 28, 2021, 22:31:48
@fresichneider

As @fresichneider and @Andrew Heard wrote, we need something to more precisely select a specific point on the track. I think @Andrew Heard is right, I would suggest inserting the selector buttons in the title part of the track as it remains visible.
The panel could therefore not only give information on the entire track, but also have a section dedicated to information relating to the point. Furthermore, in the information relating to the point, the distance from the beginning / to end of the track itself could be mentioned.
Another possibility would be:
There is a small button in the corner of the diagram. When I click this, a small window opens directly below the diagram. There I have a sliding bar that I can move.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas