Please help us with the names of Locus Map 4 subscription tiers

Started by Michal, March 10, 2021, 09:31:18

Michal

It is now quite sure that Locus Map 4 will be available in three versions - free (similar to the current LM Free version), subscription 1 (with approx the same features as of today's LM Pro) and subscription 2 with the full range of features and services.

After quite a long argument and numerous suggestions, our team has voted for the following triad:

Plain (free version)
Hill (subscription 1)
Mountain (subscription 2)

Before we take it officially, we would like to know the opinion of the native English speaking members of this forum, e.g. @john_percy or @Andrew Heard:

Does this naming make sense? Isn't it weird or funny or whatever that should prompt us to make up something different?

Thanks for your replies.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague

john_percy

Plain/Hill/Mountain makes sense as a triad, and has no rude obscene connotations that I am aware of (an important consideration when using a foreign language).
However, my first thought was actually that the proposed naming appears to tie the Locus tiers rather strongly to the intended usage. If I walk or ride mainly in the plain, do I want the Plain version? Maybe it has no contour lines? Maybe the Hill version stops working above 1000m and the maps disappear in mist?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

lor74cas

Quote from: john_percy on March 10, 2021, 10:12:50
Plain/Hill/Mountain makes sense as a triad, and has no rude obscene connotations that I am aware of (an important consideration when using a foreign language).
However, my first thought was actually that the proposed naming appears to tie the Locus tiers rather strongly to the intended usage. If I walk or ride mainly in the plain, do I want the Plain version? Maybe it has no contour lines? Maybe the Hill version stops working above 1000m and the maps disappear in mist?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

I totally agree.

I know that free, base, advanced are less fun names, but they better describe the version of locus.
sleeping bag, camping tent, resort, just kidding.  :D
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Frivold

I am not native english (but I translate the app to norwegian)

I also agree.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Frivold on March 10, 2021, 11:48:28
I am not native english (but I translate the app to norwegian)

I also agree.
to which post?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Michal

PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •