Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.50.+ ( 7. 1. 2021 )  (Read 2896 times)

Offline slarti76

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: XCover Pro, Galaxy S9 - Galaxy Tab S5e
Re: [APP] - version 3.50.+ ( 7. 1. 2021 )
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 14:52:03 »
I am kind of glad about what you feel with your 320 MB track DB ...
That may in the end trigger a solution like a second track DB for "historical" tracks, with the standard DB only holding the latest tracks.
Well, this plays right into my perennial idea for the sync function in LM4 to be able to upload everything, but choose which folders to sync on a certain device. Then the cloud storage would be the complete "archive", and I for example would sync the whole db to my tab, where speed is less important. On my phone, I could just sync just what's currently needed/of interest. And if you need sth from the archive, just select additional folders in sync.

But Menion says he has something like that on his list for the future, but first syncing has to be rolled out and work reliably in its basic iteration. Which I totally understand.

EDIT: Menion already answered along these lines. Will remind him once in a while ;)

Offline freischneider

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung S8, Locus Pro, always newest official version
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 17:38:46 »
.I have 300MB database. I have no speed problems in normal operation.
1500 Geocach (always displayed)
5000 trails from trail forks (2000 faded in from time to time)
I have an old Samsung S8.
The only thing I notice. If I forget to hide the trails, Locus takes a long time to start. We had already discussed the automatic hiding of certain folders or groups when exiting.
But even if I show it later, it takes 30s. That wouldn't be a problem if I could work with Locus for so long. But during the fade in a bar runs and I can not do anything.
The wish here would be that an entire folder or a group is shown in the background.

Offline Viajero Perdido

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 7), Blackview BV9900 Pro (Android 9). For testing: Blackview BV6000s (Android 6), Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 5.
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 18:45:15 »
@Viajero Perdido
what is the major problem you face with the Route planner?

Ah, confusion I guess, pilot error.  I know I can tap a POI (a geocache) and up pops an option to add it to the route, ideal.  So now I want to tap the icon where I started the route, to return to that spot.  Tapping this kind of live point brings up, basically, a dialog for advanced users: a triangle, a box, a bent arrow, and a User Guide link.  Aaagh, back up!

So basically, different behaviour when tapping a live point, depending on the style of point (geocache vs triangle).

I must remember, do not touch triangles, instead hit the "+" button always to add to the route.  And I should finally read that manual, yes.

Offline joeloc

• Premium
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 19:51:02 »
My database is 1.4GB. I still can't see how this would affect changing/deleting a single point of a single track so badly, but I know nothing of SQL, let alone its Android implementations. What I do know though, is that if your tracks where simply a doubly linked list like in the good old days of C programming, Locus would likely be orders of magnitude faster :-). And if Locus used GL or Vulcan or whatever it is these days in Android, I could enable 30.000 tracks instead to 30 and still be 60fps.instead of 1fps on zooming :-))

Only very few of my tracks and points are enabled at any one time. I'd love to see more, but unfortunately Locus also gets unbearably slow on startup and zooming then.

I'll upload my zipped database somewhere and email you a link, menion... if you want to give it a try.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 19:59:22 by joeloc »

The following users thanked this post: Menion, jajaballard

Offline joeloc

• Premium
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2021, 10:51:38 »
Database size is indeed the issue with editing performance. I deleted mine and imported a single track only: Editing points is super fast, like it should be.

Editing the same points of the same track in a 1GB-Database: Locus spends a full minute on confirmation. Nothing else(!) in the huge database is enabled. I mean... what the heck is going on here? Why do totally unrelated and non-enabled parts in the database slow down any edits to an unimaginable crawl?!

No idea on your SQL stuff really, but that simply cannot be right. Do you maybe run a weird "sql commit" and "compact database" on every single operation?

I really wish there were more power users out there so these things couldn't be ignored for years and years and more years. With a few hundred tracks only, you will never notice anything odd on a fast phone. Obviously, editing tracks will consume orders of magnitude more battery this way. But since people usually edit at home, that won't matter either.

Ps, menion, I PMed you a link to a huge database if you want to check. Couldn't find a recent email address, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:57:02 by joeloc »

The following users thanked this post: shushuk

Offline Menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: Pixel 2
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2021, 12:53:01 »
Thanks! I remember I was already looking at it a few years ago and now sure why there was no working solution!

I'll check it more carefully with your database during the next few days and let you know here.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!
Support email: locus.map@asamm.com

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2021, 22:01:04 »
Surely SQlite will have performance issues above a certain database file size. If the whole /locus/data/database/tracks.db is normally loaded into RAM then there will eventually be an Android file paging/ swap file issue. My tracks.db  is 266MB in size with 3GB internal RAM and I don't experience any performance issues...yet. But clearly there will come a point where the operating system is continually swapping (thrashing) pages between flash & RAM when the ratio becomes too large. I have all my tracks in folders 2021, 2020, 2019... so I'll "archive" some of the older years some time I guess.

I guess coming from a DBase & other database(s) background nearly 40 years ago, I find it a miracle all this stuff works as well as it does. BTW I notice MSDOS DBase still exists - https://dbaseclassic.com - after all this time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 04:35:12 by Andrew Heard »

The following users thanked this post: Menion

Offline joeloc

• Premium
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 22:19:15 »
I believe in miracles.

Offline Menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 09:24:24 »
Hmm, cold weekend partially spend behind PC ... I think I've improved it enough to be a lot more usable now.

Anyway as usually ... 5+ additional issues created so please watch carefully any new problems (in the next version) related to drawing (or better "not-drawing" content on the map). Thanks.

Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline 0709

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 (A5.1.1) SM-T235 (A5.1.1) MI A2 Lite (A9)
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2021, 18:51:56 »
@0709
Online GraphHopper on the second side does not support the "u-turn" command at all. At least in the Locus Map implementation > interesting.
Indeed Locus implementation does not support. Interesting ?
https://youtu.be/Hp2o5LIQMxo
To know, the Kurviger routing source is by the GH online service.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 18:59:09 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.50.1

Offline Menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 19:49:27 »
Thanks Willy. I've checked GraphHopper docs and added support for u-turn into Locus Map as well.
Ideas, wishes, problems

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard

Offline 0709

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2021, 10:39:41 »
By Locus Version 3.50.1

Pse import and support ALL the standard Locus sym WITHOUT NEED for any name tag attached.

Next 6 points @ import do have a failure when imported without a name.
Points by sym: No_maneuver, name_change, enter_state, ramp_left, ramp_right, ramp_straight.
They need to have a name otherwise no trackfile import is possible or @ navigation there is a chrash.

Import by associated waypoints.
File 1 Import OK > Navigation > OK
File 2 Import > NOK

Import by navigation trackpoints.
File 3. Import OK > Navigation > OK.
File 4. Import OK > Navigation > CHRASH.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:32:01 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.50.1

Offline 0709

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 09:20:02 »
Locus Version 3.50.1. By expert mode set : Default Waypoint Icon: City (Small) 

In attachement(5) find 4 navigation points by sym:
No_maneuver, name_change, enter_state, pass_place

These 4 sym do not have own Icon (OK) So the display into a track is by Default Waypoint Icon. = OK
Request: Keep original imported gpx sym intact, do not auto replace the imported sym @ export.

File 5. Import file with the original sym.
File 6. @ export file has changed sym. NOK (Has extension)
File 7. @ export file has changed sym. NOK (No extension)

Via Point by gpx sym: pass_place.
- Displays the (Circle) Instruction Button @ Navigation.
- Announced by TTS <name>and <cmt>text  in the navigation TOP panel.
- In simple track display is represented by the default Icon set

Shaping Point by gpx sym: name_change.
- Has NO Navigation instruction Button @ Navigation.
- NOT announced by TTS <name> and NO <cmt>text in the navigation TOP panel.
- In simple track display is represented by the default Icon set.

Advantage.
- Both the Planner Points are so preserved in gpx file transfers
- Both the Planner Points are discretely shown by default Icon @ simple track display.
- Hoover over the default Icon shows the planner point name by text pop up. (if set)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:34:02 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.50.1

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung XCover 4s Android 10
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2021, 12:34:45 »
top of the list "nearest ponints" are blinking
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0z2v0ots99hwk6/blink.mp4?dl=0
Locus PRO 3.50.1