[APP] - version 3.50.+ ( 7. 1. 2021 )

Started by Menion, January 11, 2021, 19:42:00

Menion

Thanks! I remember I was already looking at it a few years ago and now sure why there was no working solution!

I'll check it more carefully with your database during the next few days and let you know here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Surely SQlite will have performance issues above a certain database file size. If the whole /locus/data/database/tracks.db is normally loaded into RAM then there will eventually be an Android file paging/ swap file issue. My tracks.db  is 266MB in size with 3GB internal RAM and I don't experience any performance issues...yet. But clearly there will come a point where the operating system is continually swapping (thrashing) pages between flash & RAM when the ratio becomes too large. I have all my tracks in folders 2021, 2020, 2019... so I'll "archive" some of the older years some time I guess.

I guess coming from a DBase & other database(s) background nearly 40 years ago, I find it a miracle all this stuff works as well as it does. BTW I notice MSDOS DBase still exists - https://dbaseclassic.com - after all this time.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

joeloc

•  

Menion

Hmm, cold weekend partially spend behind PC ... I think I've improved it enough to be a lot more usable now.

Anyway as usually ... 5+ additional issues created so please watch carefully any new problems (in the next version) related to drawing (or better "not-drawing" content on the map). Thanks.

•  

Menion

Thanks Willy. I've checked GraphHopper docs and added support for u-turn into Locus Map as well.

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Little problem with the Map Downloader:
I wanted to update an old map (Google Maps). The highest level had more than the 10'000 tiles allowed by Google every day. Now Locus handles this perfectly with the ability to continue the download the next day. However, as I was updating an old map and had the setting "Overwrite all older than 0 days" active, this download never ended, as the next day, even the new tiles from yesterday were outdated and got reloaded.
Locus has to somehow remember the day the initial download was started...
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@0709
thanks for the tips for GPX import. I've notified my colleague Tomáš who now cares about Import/Export system (and rewrite it to some universal system usable also for the web portal).

@slarti76
are you sure that it always download again first 10k tiles? Because the app does not remember when downloading started. Every tile! has its own timestamp when it was downloaded, so this really should not happen. It is possible that download starts from 0%, but it should skip already downloaded tiles really quickly.

@balloni55
thanks, perfect!

It was long two months ... new version is out with bunch of updates. Hope they'll be useful for you. New version 3.51 has own topic here. Thanks!
  •