[APP] - version 3.46.+ ( 26. 5. 2020 )

Started by Menion, May 26, 2020, 13:56:44

Menion

As I know, public Locus Map Free/Pro does not have any dark mode.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Axel D

Sorry,  it was in the LM4.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

slarti76

I know this is a very exotic problem, but I just got a new Samsung tablet which supports Samsung's "PC-like" mode DeX. I tried it out, but for some reason, Locus can't go to Fullscreen there. Most other apps can.
Are you aware of any explicit problem or reason for disallowing this?
If not, nevermind, it's really not a biggie. Just found it curious why Locus is different...
  •  

Henk van der Spek

3,46.2 is awesome but, as with 3.46.1 it does not shut off over the back button (with confirm). Even GPS stays now active. And guiding on a track stays active. Upon restarting from the screen it says about 1 second "initialising" and it is all back with the last guiding in view.All on my Android 7.

And the same as was already with 3.45 for my wife's Android 10 phone.

So we swipe it out of the screen with last used apps and then it stops.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

bezel

Hi Menion!
Thanks for your work concerning version 3.46.2 - but I am really very disapointed concerning one modified feature:
" improved visible track part on dashboard chart during navigation"

It is really bad now, that the location point in the height diagram is now not just a bit more to the left, but now this point is very, very far on the left hand side!
Up to this change it was very helpful on longer tours to see aswell some of the altitude profile, which you have already done. Now you can see just the part of the forward track.

This point has been moved now realy a bit too far to the left hand side - we want to see aswellsome of the height profile already done.
Maybe you can change this or offer a option for that in the settings.

Thank you very much, I am really concerned about this feature which was so well realised in the past...
Best wishes!
  •  

Mapper

I also have the impression that Locus 3.46.2 doesn't shut off anymore. I don't see the loading screen anymore and the map screen is drawn almost instantaneously. Only after deleting temporary files, which enforces a restart, the loading screen is present.

slarti76

I noticed a severe bug with the route planner:

• Take a recorded track. I had a track that was missing the first few minutes, which were on the road, so to export a nicer map, I wanted to add the start by automatic calculation with the route planner.
  • So I chose my starting point on the map and selected it as "starting point", which made Locus (or rather BRouter) calculate and add the missing part.
  • Everything looked fine, the rest of the track was unchanged. Note that the rest consisted now of points 2 and 3 (triangles) with the "draw manually" icon in between - but the track was unchanged.
  • Now I saved - and boom! Only a straight line between points 2 and 3 was left! All actual recorded track was gone.
Now this kinda makes sense, because "draw manually" between two points means, essentially, a straight line. But it shouldn't change an existing track, and especially shouldn't do this only after saving, keeping the user in false security about the shape of the track.
  •  

slarti76

And a question/request:
I like the "Share as screenshot" function - great for creating overviews of several tracks at once. However, it always exports as JPG, and not in great quality. The track lines and icons are smudged compared with a "real" (system) screenshot which is saved as PNG. But the latter of course includes all the user interface stuff that the Locus internal function gets rid off.
So is there a way (config file setting perhaps) to make Locus save that as PNG? Or could that be added?
  •  

neatwheat

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2020, 17:49:22
@neatwheat
the difference in times is currently most probably caused by the difference of track segment: in case, the segment is computed by the router, the time comes from this router, otherwise, time is estimated by the app based on few internal variables. I can't improve this now, but it is definitely something that needs to be "fixed" as soon as possible.

Thanks for the info. If I may push an additional idea for that topic:
an option to have the route's  travel time (movement) be shown in bottom panel, regardless of which routing service is chosen would be awesome (and could maybe even serve as a workaround for the shaping point problem)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. Sorry for a little bigger delays in my answers this week and most probably next as well .. I have a limited working time these days.

Back to work ...

@slarti76
- I do not own a new Samsung device, but as I know, the app has some problems with full-screen on modern devices, so it is possible. I have to invest more time into this later ...
- problem with editing of the track ...nice idea btw! (just be aware that app does not generaty any usable times for this new segment). I've registered this to my todo list, will check it later.
- share screenshot ... based on some testing with joeloc a longer time ago, this function saves image in  JPG/80% . main reason for us was ratio of size vsquality. In this case, quality should be prefered over size, so agree.PNG should be better. If no one has any problem with it, I'll change it.

@Henk van der Spek , @Mapper
sorry, I still did not notice any similar problem, so it is currently harder to solve. If it cause any issues to you, or any battery drain, I may create a special version that will print us more into logs. I will probably needs more than one version to find out anything, but if you want to invest some time, it is probably doable ...

•  

Henk van der Spek

Let's wait for more "victims". We avoid battery drain (also due to gps staying active) by swiping Locus out of the "last used apps drawer". Even without the back button that stops Locus perfectly.
It is on two different phones anyway: a Motorola One with Android 10 (one) and my Android 7 China phone.
No worries, happy hiking.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

slarti76

Thx for positive replies :)
Quote from: menion on June 17, 2020, 19:15:14
@slarti76
- I do not own a new Samsung device, but as I know, the app has some problems with full-screen on modern devices, so it is possible. I have to invest more time into this later ...
Don't sweat it, it was merely an observation.
- problem with editing of the track ...nice idea btw! (just be aware that app does not generaty any usable times for this new segment). I've registered this to my todo list, will check it later.
Great! I'm aware that this is only usable for "looking at the track", not for statistics. But it's often a shame when you doing several days of trips and one day you forget to start recording in the morning. At the end you wanna print out a map with your complete tour and there's this nasty hole ;) Well, you got the idea, so thx for looking at it!
Quote- share screenshot ... based on some testing with joeloc a longer time ago, this function saves image in  JPG/80% . main reason for us was ratio of size vsquality. In this case, quality should be prefered over size, so agree.PNG should be better. If no one has any problem with it, I'll change it.
Also great, thx! It would also be consistent with the word "screenshot" as Android uses it - which also writes a PNG.EDIT: Gotta correct myself, this seems to be dependent on the vendor. Samsung writes JPG, but my LineageOS devices write PNG. Still, we seem to agree that PNG makes much more sense for screenshots...
  •  

Mapper

My assumption that Locus 3.46.2 doesn't shut off anymore was incorrect.
It does shut off correctly but the initializing screen is not shown anymore if I disable all my gpx tracks to be drawn on the map screen. Until this version I always saw the initializing screen, regardless if there are any tracks or POI to be loaded and drawn on the screen, this has changed now.
Since the initializing screen tells me it loads a lot of different items I thought it sould always be there but it isn't anymore.
@menion: did you change something regarding this initializing screen?

•  

Menion

@slarti76
- Route planner problem should be fixed in the next version
- PNG - quite interesting that Samsung uses JPG.

@Mapper
no change in the recent version, but some versions ago yes. App firstly test if loading dialog is really needed and if only a few points/tracks should be loaded, no changes in maps, etc. then loading dialog is skipped and all is done silently on the background.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mapper

bezel

Hi Menion!
Are there any changes again, concerning the problem with 'height profile and location point'?
See discussion here:
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/elevation-profile-and-navigation-cursor

Because the feature with the height profile is (was...) so good and is very helpful on tour it would be very helpful if the height location point could be located again more in the middle (or offering some setting options).
Thanks a lot for your support and help!
  •