[APP] - version 3.46.+ ( 26. 5. 2020 )

Started by Menion, May 26, 2020, 13:56:44

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
26. 5. 2020 - Locus 3.46.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

The first initial publish is mainly for my personal confirmation, that there is no serious issue in underground changes. So it's published "only" to 25% of Locus Map Free. The full rollout will be in Thursday in case of no serious problems.
  •  

Tapio

Longer battery life on track recording; what did you change?
Map legend. OMG. Needed so much, wasn't aware it has been discussed. Where can I find it in the App?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

Hm, the 3.46 LM Pro update has not come to me from Google Play yet, even if full deployment were planned on Thursday.

Google probably involves progressive update deployment as well, perhaps for bandwidth leveling reasons

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

@tapio
Optimization during track recording: quite a long discussion on help desk, but check mainly my last post here.

Legend .. this is another story :). You will over time notice small badge in list of map themes. Long-click on such themes to get to it's legend.

@poutnikl
For almost two days, I see LM Pro on Google Play as published, but it's still not ready for download ...

At the top of Google Play console is only bigger information
"Due to adjusted work schedules at this time, we are currently experiencing longer than usual review times. Please expect review times of 7 days or longer."

So ... let's wait :)
  •  

Tapio

- Falcos Tasker plugin is gone, I need to check that. I had a button in the toolbar.
- Now I need to confirm on exit, didn't have to before.
- Something changed in fullscreen mode. I once reported about nervous/vibrating windows - for the first time, the effect is gone it seems.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: menion on May 30, 2020, 18:34:09
@poutnikl
For almost two days, I see LM Pro on Google Play as published, but it's still not ready for download ...
with me: once an update is released I often do not get it offered as 'update available' the first days but if I go to 'Google Play>My apps & games>Installed>Locus Map Pro' I might get an Update-button (instead of the Open-button) if I switch back and forth several times - so you might get a chance if you try to 'provoke' it > if you know, just try and try, it might work

balloni55

Quote from: tapio on May 31, 2020, 07:35:32
Settings/Expert settings/confirm on exit > switched of???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Henk van der Spek

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: balloni55 on May 31, 2020, 11:42:32
Quote from: tapio on May 31, 2020, 07:35:32
Settings/Expert settings/confirm on exit > switched of???
No - update must have toggled it.
  •  

slarti76

Topic from last version thread:
Quote from: menion on May 25, 2020, 06:53:51
@slarti76
Incorrect time in the "Trip time" screen happens also with the latest beta? Because I made some changes there.

Anyway same for @poutnikl : in case of weird values, please share a GPX with me so I may simulate it. Or if anyone interested, I may gladly publish the source code of this pretty simple algorithm. Maybe someone will be a better idea of how to do it.
I wanted to send the track, but in 3.46.1 trip times for this track look reasonable. Whatever you did, it worked :) Thx!

And about those toasts:
I understand if you don't want to put work into that. It's not a major annoyance. I still think, whenever possible, a toast "Process successful" should be extended with some more information about what happened. Then it also becomes an option to look into a certain toast if it happens too often.
  •  

neatwheat

Quote from: slarti76 on June 01, 2020, 09:52:03
Quote from: menion on May 25, 2020, 06:53:51
@slarti76
Incorrect time in the "Trip time" screen happens also with the latest beta? Because I made some changes there.
I wanted to send the track, but in 3.46.1 trip times for this track look reasonable. Whatever you did, it worked :) Thx!

Can confirm problems with travel time seem to be gone with new version.

Problem still remains:
Route planner seems to have problems to calculate correct time when adding shaping points - Same routes will have much different times in bottom panel when adding points.

Also toogling Include navigation hints on and off seems to change the time too.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Quick bookmark for Whatsapp with OSM link works great, thank you.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@tapio
it rarely happens that any settings change by itself. App struggle with this problem for some time and I've also some time ago discovered the possible cause. It's because of the huge amount of settings Locus Map has an Android system that was not created for such amount. So ... another task on long evenings ...

@slarti76
I'll try to improve "toasts" next time, I'll add some new. At least some small "code" at the bottom that may help to identify from where comes, should be useful, agree.

@neatwheat
the difference in times is currently most probably caused by the difference of track segment: in case, the segment is computed by the router, the time comes from this router, otherwise, time is estimated by the app based on few internal variables. I can't improve this now, but it is definitely something that needs to be "fixed" as soon as possible.

---

And new Beta version 3.46.1.1 on Google Play for weekend testing.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: neatwheat

Axel D

I tested the dark mode and found following problem.
At the diagram of the track recording the text style has to be changed.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •