Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

If I come across a turn-off while moving on the diagram, it will cover the route. When feeling the way Typ that bothers.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

The BRouter profiles do not have to change or assign the icon.
I have 3 MTB profiles. With one I have a MTB icon, with one I have to take the motorcycle and with one the racing bike. You can choose the name yourself. But I can't change the icon.
I like the rest of it very much. Surface and path type is very good.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: freischneider on August 21, 2020, 22:04:07
way type on surface is not visible upright on me.
I am planning a route. Then I drag the diagram up. Then picture 1 appears.
Then I turn the phone sideways, then image 2 comes and it is visible.
Then I turn back to upright then it's visible (image 3)
I get picture 1 but way type and surface don't appear however I turn the phone :(

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
rotation of the phone is quite interesting. Nothing like this happens on devices we use for internal testing. Hmm, will watch it carefully.

Icons in BRouter profiles ... internally every profile is attached to one of the hike/bike/car categories. That's why icons can't be changed. This category then affect compute of times and selection of preset.

@john_percy
are you really using BRouter online or BRouter inner router?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

@menion
Pretty certain! I set it to Brouter inner (should be "internal" for good English btw) in settings.
I note also
1. Settings for Brouter internal shows standard Brouter icon at top left
2. Brouter internal won't do recalculate, and offers to switch to standard Brouter (I think that's a known limitation)
3. Both offline Brouter internal and standard route planners do not allow me to change the navigation engine by choosing Settings in the route planner Drawing Mode screen - instead of going to the main navigation settings screen they go direct to the Brouter settings. I agree that going direct to the Brouter settings is a better UI but I did use the ability to change router from time to time.

•  

freischneider

Quote from: menion on August 22, 2020, 09:33:41
Icons in BRouter profiles ... internally every profile is attached to one of the hike/bike/car categories. That's why icons can't be changed. This category then affect compute of times and selection of preset.
@ Menion:
I understand that.
Perhaps in the future it will be possible to link the MTB category with the MTB icon. This icon including the assignment of the MTB category, times, etc. can then be used 2 or 3 times and assigned to a BRouter profile.
Then I would have 3 MTB profiles with the same icon and the same category, times, etc. The only difference is then the name and the assigned BRouter profile.

Even better and more flexible:
I can use any icon and then assign the following in the settings: BRouter profile, category, times, etc.
  •  

T-mo

@menion

• changing to internal brouter: is it heavily locus-tailored or are you easily able to keep with updates if Arndt will so and are you willing to do so? That's still a general question as you start drop app-support, sort of. For sure, google continues stealthen and puting everything more into a bin, creates limitations, which also limits possibilities (which is more a con if you think positive, though might bring barriers to those who harm)
  • Sync db - I like the idea of community-created content. That helps a LOT. But if it's not fine-grained configurable (assumption) and decisions are possible at very clear UI-controls/-points, who might gonna use it? There are so many personal points and trips within my db..user decides, as always. I am very sure that bulk-sync won't happen..I can only speak for myself, sure
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
interesting problem. "Internal" ... thanks
1. settings for external and internal BRouter is currently shared
2. yeah, I know ...
3. In "Drawing mode chooser", tap on small "settings" icon. Small shortcut

Hmm is simply isn't possible to not to see these colored stripes with surface and waytype :). Do you have latest new Alpha version from Google Drive, right?

@freischneider
there is demand for custom profiles. I know about it. It's doable, but not so simple. So later please.

@T-mo
do you know any other app that is monthly updated for almost 11 years like Locus? Do not worry, I won't update internal BRouter implementation. Also I never wrote that external BRouter won't be supported. It still will be without any limits!
What I try to do, has few reasons, but the main are:
- removing need for installation of some other app from Google Play
- easier and faster download of routing files directly over Locus Map
- access to some powerful features not available over existing BRouter API

Sync: currently it is mainly for personal usage. So for own sync between devices or as a save cloud backup of own points/tracks. Some kind of sharing with the public audience will come later and agree, it will be very very important to keep some minimum quality level.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

john_percy

@menion
Ah the icon and the word "settings" are different! Got it now. I think that is one of your more obscure bits of UI.
I'm using the latest alpha. In fact I downloaded it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

•  

Menion

Yes, it is, I know :). It's more my little hack how to quickly change routing engine than official method :).

Anyway thanks for the extra check. I'll look at it more carefully, how this is possible ... (no idea so far ...).
  •  

zossebart

Wow, back from vacation and now two of my favourite pieces of software are joined together. Very nice!
Internal Brouter is very fast compared to external app
Surface and Way Type bars are a great enhancement! But I also have problems getting them displayed. Sometimes they only appear after switching from portrait to landscape display. After this, I can switch back to portrait and then the bars are also displayed there.

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

john_percy

Just retested on mine with some different routes:
Previous tests, ways and surface didn't appear even if I rotated screen.
Test 1. Ways and surface appeared on rotation to landscape, stayed visible on return to portrait.
Test 2. Only Ways appeared on rotation to landscape, stayed visible on rotation to portrait.
I can't tell what it depends on!

•  

T-mo

@menion

• routing: ok, thanks. to be honest, Locus is at an impressive state, and with possibilities of brouter (thx to Arndt) and graphhopper (thx to Peter Karich & Co) we got the 2 best routing-engines running and can process at any time. if it's for the best sake and some powerful features, that's a good way to go, for sure. I also think I got your idea, simplification for no-pros is obvious, but also profiles, estimations, etc.
  • sync: ok. I appreciate your sense for property. just as a note, as I care: I personally only sync with my personal clouds..syncing settings might be passable, syncing content I stay with export-import. Active push to databases (upload) is a different thing, for sure.
  • Quote from: menion on August 22, 2020, 19:10:26there is demand for custom profiles. I know about it. It's doable, but not so simple. So later please.
    I guess internal profiles are only pre-defined custom-profiles, isn't it? ;D just making dev-fun
  •  

john_percy

@menion
I've been getting some weird effects with the latest alpha, with UI icons and buttons sporadically not being shown. Sort of thing I used to get on my PC when memory shortage was an issue.

Edit: Added screenshot

PS I am still regularly but sporadically getting the Base Map and Overlay incorrectly reported as Nothing to Display or Disabled. Opening the map chooser corrected the error. See other screenshots.
  •  

slarti76

I downloaded newest version, but can't seem to get the way types shown in Route Planner (neither portrait nor landscape). What are the preconditions?
  •