Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on May 14, 2020, 19:17:25
I was thinking that maybe it should be allowed to define what to display in the map content panel. I never need geotag photos e. g., or active elements.
That's a good idea. Everything selected for new installation and then you can deselect as needed. Nevertheless, you could still save some space.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
long-click, thanks. Found weird problem, fixed.
Anyway not working "LoPoins" button is weird as well. I can't confirm it now.

@tapio
The selection of items is planned ... well, it will be necessary later when more possible content appears.

@freischneider
UI update, thanks for offers, but to be true, I do not like them too much. Also, I'm trying to unite design, and this will cause changes on almost all app screens. Anyway I do not think it is a serious problem, but I'll think about it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on May 14, 2020, 19:17:25
I was thinking that maybe it should be allowed to define what to display in the map content panel. I never need geotag photos e. g., or active elements.
and allow hiding the Map Content button from the main screen altogether to increase map space, reduce clutter. Allow alternate means for all map content panel functions by other means so equally accessible via presets, side panels, settings panel, more settings panel, quick settings (I think has already been discussed but seemed like a good opportunity  :D
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Sorry Andrew, this does not happen on 100% :).
The button is really tiny, hidden at bottom corner and mainly, it contains many important features now.

We were already solving many problems where users (by accident) hide any buttons and with this, it should be even worst.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

•  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2020, 21:42:33
@balloni55
Anyway not working "LoPoins" button is weird as well. I can't confirm it now.

"not working" was a wrong description, sorry :)
click on text "LoPoint(Beta)" open in both cases LoPoint window for further action.
select "POIs arround" and confirm
click/enable "eye button" in map content panel display POIs direct,
but if you do both, POIs are twice displayed with different icons :-[
And if you hide/disable POIs arround no POI is displayed although "eye button" in map content panel is furthermore blue ::) deselect> select eye button solve behavior
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g7b9oi8y58y3ng/POIs%20arround.mp4?dl=0

EDIT sorry at first moment wrong link was insert...
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

If a theme is selected by a preset, you cannot see which one is used if you visit the theme picker coming from map content panel.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

The main (hamburger) menu button seems to have become incredibly unresponsive in the latest version. Sometimes a double tap works, but otherwise it can be unusable.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4-93 - agree with @john_percy. Double tap mostly brings up the menu after a brief flash - expected. However the response to a single tap seems to have periods when ignored, other periods when OK. Eg 10 taps+10 back in 20 seconds are OK, but then a further 10 taps are all ignored. It seems the other buttons are OK although I haven't tested thoroughly. I don't recall this in LM4-91, although hadn't noticed this problem until John's post.
  •  

balloni55

when i click the "wrench icon" in POI or track list, in next window the top and bottom panel get an milky overlay. The buttons are furthermore clickable
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

After month of (couch ;)) testing with tablet last week I decided to take LM to productive mode with my mobile.
After some hiking tours, some geocaches ... and today a cool bike tour with navigating along a route ... the main functions are working pretty good. 😎
The only thing I had to fight with today ... the bottom of the geocaching card disappears sometimes 🤔 ... and then it was not easy to get into the cache screen.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
hmm I'm worried, that it's the same with public version since begin, isn't it?
Any dynamic points that are loaded automatically are mostly independent on permanent (manually loaded points over the "LoPoints screen") points. So it may happen that on the map are both points at once.
I'm aware of it and will fix it before LM4, thanks.

Context toolbars should be improved (except title text) in the next version, thanks.

@tapio
can't confirm problem with the highlighted selected theme. Are you enabling V3 or V4 theme based on the current active map?

@john_percy & @Andrew Heard
I hope that problem with app responsiveness will be related to the problem mentioned by @Žajdlík Josef before. We will see in the next version.

@jonny.blue
thanks for the tests! ;). I noticed issues with select of points as well. Wasn't yet able to fix it ...
  •  

jonny.blue

And today ... I had several crashes where Locus completely exited.

The most problems are arround the new geocache card.
I have two presets ... with one I can see the bottom panel ... with the other it mostly disappeares (its my driving setup where orientation is blocked, looking into driving direction ...and more).
There I can reproduce the crash: within the new cache card turning the mobile leads directly to the exception.
Btw ... the new geocache popup isn't really good for caching because all actions (navigate, compass, hint, log ... are far away🤔).
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I have v4 themes in my presets and I use OAM maps. Cannot test again because currently rc beta is installed.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
crashes ... found just one when rotate a screen when point bottom popup is visible, fixed.

On your screen are missing buttons at the bottom of the popup. They are not visible right when this screen displays?

@tapio
there is always a fresh new LM4 version ;).
  •