Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

Idea for points and tracks. Long click on data (right), selection to hide everything. short click access to tracks and points.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on June 19, 2020, 22:05:27
Idea for points and tracks. Long click on data (right), selection to hide everything. short click access to tracks and points.
To be able to turn off points AND tracks all at once would be nice to have, I often do it, but always have to go a) to the points main menu, then to the tracks main menu.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll think about it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Great news: the latest LM4 test apk (#943) fixes the issue of "... no points ..." if you have more than about 60 POI DBs installed in total (installed, not visited, was the issue). Tested on my S10 - hope that persists on others ... Thank you, Menion !!

Tolle Neuigkeit: the neueste LM4-Test-APK (#943) hat das "... keine Punkte ..." gelöst für den fall von mehr als etwa 60 installierten POI DBs (installiert war das Problem, nicht besucht). Auf meinem S10 getestet - ich hoffe das gilt auch für andere ...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Wole

I am just testing Locus Map 4.

A first question: can i hide the Buttons "Karteninhalt" and "recording" lower left?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: freischneider on June 19, 2020, 19:32:08
Hide all tracks and points.
The button in the @freischneider attachment is obscured by right side panel buttons on my phone.
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Wole

The next question:
The screen on Locus Map 4 is much darker than on Locus Map 3.

The smartphone setting is set to full brightness.

Additional finding: When the program ends, the screen briefly becomes 100% bright.

Does anyone have similar experiences? This makes the program very difficult to read in sunlight.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Wole on June 20, 2020, 17:01:33
A first question: can i hide the Buttons "Karteninhalt" and "recording" lower left?
no and no
QuoteThe screen on Locus Map 4 is much darker than on Locus Map 3.
not for me and never heard
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

GPS kept active by LM4 ?

Background: I have the German Corona App running 7x24, and as advertised, it does not use the GPS service itself. But for Android reasons, to keep BT going, location services need to be active.

What I noticed in my 3c logging was GPS being active. I killed all apps except LM4 and kept things running für another hour. Still GPS was active, although in the Satellites Screen GPS had been switched off for many hours.

Killing LM4 also sent GPS to sleep, finally.

Until now not reproducabkle at will. I noticed such behaviour only once in 5 days, since I more intensely checking for GPS status on Android level. Also this morning, Locus is running, and GPS off in LM4 as well as Android, like it should.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Wole on June 21, 2020, 09:39:10
The screen on Locus Map 4 is much darker than on Locus Map 3.
Additional finding: When the program ends, the screen briefly becomes 100% bright.
all same/ similar to LM3 for me
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jonny.blue

Normaly with this option the map is centered after a delay of 5s (or with expert settings definable) ... but in LM4 it doesn't work.

And after some hiking tours I really would have it working because while walking ... looking on the screen ... moving the map a little bit - for purpose or by mistake (what happens very often  ::) you always have to press the "center-button"
Normaly I switched on LM ... and could see my position at a glance.

With my motobike it was even more difficult because with my touch gloves I could move the map ... but to hit the "center button" was a challenge ...
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: jonny.blue on June 22, 2020, 21:34:58
Normaly with this option the map is centered after a delay of 5s (or with expert settings definable) ... but in LM4 it doesn't work.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jonny.blue

Ricardo Borges

Quote from: balloni55 on June 23, 2020, 08:25:24
Quote from: jonny.blue on June 22, 2020, 21:34:58
Hello Balloni55, what is the red icon on the right panel? Never saw it.

Enviado de meu Moto Z3 Play usando o Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

QuoteHello Balloni55, what is the red icon on the right panel? Never saw it.
it´s a screencast recorder added as extern app for use inside locus
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free&hl=de
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

QuoteKarte an GPS..

Oh, thanks.😎

Saw this option but didn't know what it's good for. 🤔🙂
  •