Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )

Started by Menion, July 25, 2019, 15:34:13

Menion

@balloni55
hmm sorry. All seems to be correct in the code :(.

App firstly analyzes all themes and from it's XML configuration extract which files are needed by them.
Then in the second step, it tests all files needed by the theme you try to delete if this file is not needed by any other theme.
And the last step, it deletes really only just files unique to the deleted theme.

It is mainly weird that this does not happen to you on the second try.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
let's move a little, what you think? :)

New Beta 3.39.3.1 is on Google Play. What is there interesting?

As I see by our tracking system, I spend almost 200 hours (+ support & other smaller tasks = more than 2 last months) on modifications of how UI in the application is created. The app is huge (source code) and some parts were more than 5 years old, some were newly done by the different system so I really needed to unite it to simplify future work. And the major part of this was the main screen with the map. Its structure was really bad so I completely removed the old layout and recreated it with some new methods. It is more light, should be a lot faster (faster start, rotate, rendering) and is also a lot more flexible to future updates.

All this affected more than 2000 source files (50k lines was changed by our GIT system), so new problems may be almost everywhere. Even if I tested it really a lot ... sorry.

So who is brave, give it a try ;). And enjoy the weekend!

EDIT: do not know why, but even 3.39.3 took more than a day till it was available on Google Play for download. It looks the same with new Beta ...
  •  

Tapio

Thx Menion, I decided to test the beta, but the new version is indeed not yet available.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

T-mo

like often with new betas I had to open GooglePlay > My apps&games > Installed and then manually reopen LocusMapFree several times until the button changed from 'open' to 'update'. So update worked for me some minutes ago.. 8)
(btw had to recreate the homescreen-app-shortcut, easily done of course)
no crash so far ;D
only occasionally cutted names with vector-maps at tileborders, but this is more general and still adressed the recent time AFAIR
  •  

lor74cas

First test seems good.
I found that enabling GCLivemap works but   when disabled the cache points are still on the map.
Changing map does not have any effect on this issue, the caches are still there, just a restart of beta cleans the map.
I like the colour in settings menu it helps at first sight to find the enabled settings.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

Quotebut   when disabled the cache points are still on the map.
Changing map does not have any effect on this issue, the caches are still there, just a restart of beta cleans the map.
GC4L setting/live map/check "hide geocaches if..."
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: balloni55 on August 18, 2019, 13:16:10
Quotebut   when disabled the cache points are still on the map.
GC4L setting/live map/check "hide geocaches if..."
Found thank you, I'm not a master of GC, just a basic padawan

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

tramp20

Locus store search for updates fails in 3.39.3.1, in 3.39.3 ok.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
- after update, "app icon" is gone on my desktop, it usually remains on it´s place
- light brown/orange "center/rotate button" cannot be recognized in the sun ::)
- values of GPS-averaging are too optimistic, 0.05 m after a few measurements... with old version of app GPS Averaging i get 1-1,5 m after 10-15 measurements, this looks more realistic aswell on the map.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: T-mo on August 18, 2019, 12:37:17only occasionally cutted names with vector-maps at tileborders, but this is more general and still adressed the recent time AFAIR
I also recognized, it seems to be much better now, not 100% solved. Menion did you work on that issue?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Text labels are still sometimes cut off at tile boundaries with Beta 3.39.3.1 when using OAM ML V4 maps.  LoMaps (which are still V3, right?) seem fine.

I asked earlier if there was a secret "hack" way to force V4 labels to render properly.  That's because I noticed that when you see a cut-off label, you can zoom out one notch, then in one notch, and it renders properly.  I'd thought, maybe there was a software hack to internally do the same thing, or something like it.

I don't remember what the advantages of V4 are, but I know this is the disadvantage.
  •  

lor74cas

Example of label issue.
The strange thing is that when you find a wrong one, changing the zoom, the label appears correctly and zooming in and out it is no more shown in the wrong way.
It's difficult to reproduce because when I change the zoom the label is shown correctly to find one wrong you need to inspect the map labels of well known places where you know the real name.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@T-mo, @tapio, @Viajero Perdido,
there were no changes regards labels in the new Beta, sorry.

@tramp20
ah, thanks

@balloni55
- the icon is interesting. T-mo wrote the same, but I have no idea why it should be removed, hmm.
- color of semi-transparent highlighted buttons: I noticed it too, will improve
GPS averaging: well, it depends on how this accuracy was computed in the old map. Anyway currently value is made from measured values comparing their coordinates. So if you get 5 points with exactly same coordinates, that will have reported accuracy by GPS system 10 metres, Locus Map will display 0 metres, because all points are exactly same.
  •  

lor74cas

First part of label missing
Image attached

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on August 19, 2019, 06:41:05I don't remember what the advantages of V4 are, but I know this is the disadvantage.
In V3 text labels of citiesv were useless. Getting an overview was impossible at times, because the label of a Kindergarten could have been bigger than the town name. Or city name completely hidden. It was a mess.
  •