Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )

Started by Menion, July 25, 2019, 15:34:13

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on September 18, 2019, 08:39:26
@lor74cas
Anyway, in previous post you wrote that
"today I was fighting with wms layers I did it to show some servicies for italy but when I disabled the last one It never disappears from the map."
If I understand correctly, you disabled WMS map, but it was still visible. So I asked if there are some steps that allows me to simulate this problem because this does not happen to me.
I tried to simulate it again but does not happen anymore sorry I can not reproduce the same case of use.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Below is not just in beta but pro as well...

if the export directory is invalid, and then long tap on a track, then tap Export, an orange msgbox is displayed with the correct problem, BUT only for a very short period, 100ms.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Christian

Bug in 3.39.4
If a track contains additional waypoints - created or imported - and the track is changed within the routeplaner and then saved / overwritten, the waypoints are disappeared / deleted by Locus :(
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 18, 2019, 17:03:22
Below is not just in beta but pro as well...

if the export directory is invalid, and then long tap on a track, then tap Export, an orange msgbox is displayed with the correct problem, BUT only for a very short period, 100ms.

Also happens if you're exporting to an online service (OSM in my case), and you're in airplane mode with no internet connection.  Stupid mistake on my part.  (I mentioned this over on the help desk, with a different root cause; root cause was fixed, thanks.)  Once again, I needed to record a video with my camera, and step through it frame-by-frame to read the message.

(The error message, in orange, is behind a green "Process successful", which isn't true.)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Saving the route from route planner in beta is considerably slower in beta than pro. The whole phone locks up. For example a 100km route, I tap Save, Locus takes more than 15s in beta. The total time isn't so much the issue, but maybe there needs to be some progress indication. No other Locus process locks up/ unresponsive like this saving.
  •  

john_percy

I had a strange effect with text in the latest beta today, which is not reproduceable in my armchair. However I took a screen grab at the time.
Some placename texts split to form two or more lines but the position of the split is arbitrary. See Baltimor/e, Horsesho/e Harbour and Sherki/n/Island in the example below. The second image is the app behaving properly back at base.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer42
thanks for sharing. Interesting. Seems to bug in GraphHopper for me, so reported to their support forum: https://discuss.graphhopper.com/t/ignored-block-area/4747

@Andrew Heard
How should I simulate an invalid directory? If the directory does not exist, Locus Map create it automatically.

Incorrect notification on failed OSM export (@Viajero Perdido): fixed, thanks.

Slow save in route planner is interesting, there was no change in code, at least as I know.
When you tap Save, then should appear "edit screen" (with track name, description etc.). Is the "slow moment" between save and this screen or later when you set name and press "Save"?

@Christian
ah, good observation, fixed

@john_percy
hmm you know my relationship to labels in vector maps :). I have no idea why this may happen, ut because of it rarity ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer42

@menion
FYI:
Thanks for reporting bug to GraphHopper. I checked the known bug in their answer and it"s true. Seems to be to many NoGo areas.
With just one it works.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, 2 minor issues I noticed in the stable branch:

a) The Coords in the title bar, copied via long tap, aren't Google Maps compatible. N 51.84794° , E 007.56691°
N, E and the degree character need to be deleted. Most likely coords get entered there!

b) Tap gpx outside of Locus, import dialogue as in screenshot. When inclusion of WP into gpx is already pre-set, the second option must be grayed out. Uncheck/check the first checkbox and it displays correctly.

edit. Not sure about a) coords work in Android app. I may have seen it on a PC...
Edit2 forget a). Need to look closer.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Menion, that "issue with the long click on track preview" is also happening on stable. But I can release finger quickly, as you wrote, then it doesn't enter the track details... A bit of a game on a fast device.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on September 19, 2019, 08:10:29
@Andrew Heard
How should I simulate an invalid directory? If the directory does not exist, Locus Map create it automatically.
@menion - just rename the directory. Yes, a new dir is created. The main point is that the error message is not displayed for long enough.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on September 19, 2019, 08:10:29
Slow save in route planner is interesting, there was no change in code, at least as I know.
When you tap Save, then should appear "edit screen" (with track name, description etc.). Is the "slow moment" between save and this screen or later when you set name and press "Save"?
for example, open existing route, Save, Overwrite. At this point the phone becomes unresponsive, then screen dims to black, then finally back to previous screen.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Today I had beta running with track recording, and my partner accidentally then ran Pro too. I only realised hours later when I went to export & rename the tracks. Each track for the day (4) had 2 identical copies. Is there any need for Pro and beta to run simultaneously? If not, could there be a warning, or just prevent the 2nd instance? I know this will happen extremely rarely & therefore not worth the effort.
  •  

john_percy

@menion I understand your love of texts in MF4. Just to add that I have also recently seen the texts which are normally single line in Locus split into multi line correctly. So somewhere, some code is doing this! I thought this was a MF4 feature but that you were not using their code. Strange.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Viajero Perdido

The old "en" problem seems to be back.  This is something I brought up a couple of years ago.  I mention it here because it might be related to the new MFV4 handling.

I'm using a brand new OAM V4 Multilingual map, because I like the V4 goodness with better label handling, soon to be even better yet with un-truncated text.  (I'm using the latest Pro, not beta.)   The map is Hong Kong in this example, and a good POI to illustrate the problem is a restaurant at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5977868688 .

Because the POI has name:en but no name tag, the restaurant name displays with "en" in front.  Note that I've manually selected English for this map, so there's no need to point out when it's a language I'm already expecting.

Hong Kong, like Vietnam that I'd mentioned earlier, is littered with POIs with this mix of tags, and thus prefixed "en".

(PS, the map I'm using is so new, it doesn't even show up yet on the main OAM download page.  I found it here.  EDIT: but you see the same effect with an older version.))
  •