GPS Averaging app is now malware

Started by JohnCNA, June 16, 2019, 13:42:49

JohnCNA

The latest version of the GPS Averaging app is now serious malware. Even when it's not running, it randomly puts up full screen ads. Even if it has never been run after a phone reboot, the ads still randomly pop up. I have Uninstalled.

Is there another averaging app that integrates with Locus Pro?

balloni55

I also struggeled a few days till i now this b-shit ads depend on update of GPS Averaging app
after uninstall all works fine with no ads :)
My solution for now:
i´ve installed an old version i´ve backuped (V3.0)  and deselect autoupdate inside Google play for this app
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Magellan

Thanks for the tip, guys!
Long could not understand, where I have this full-screen advertisements climbs...

I mostly use Mobile Topographer Free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.stasta.mobiletopographer&hl=en

With the Locus on friendly terms!
(via the right panel to call third-party applications)
  •  

balloni55

Hello Magellan
please tell me, how do you copy/move/insert the accurate koords from Mobile Topographer Free to the POI you have created with locus
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

I was searching for an alternative for GPS Averaging app to.

After a long search I found / bought Precision GPS Pro.
In the pro version there is a "world" button where I can send the coordinates to locus pro where I then can create / save the coordiantes in a corresponding poi. As a first step I have to determine locus pro as the recipient of the coordinates. This works only for new pois. I have found no way so far to put these coordiantes in an already existing poi.

There is a free version of that app too. But I do not know if the "world" button works there too.
And I do not know so far how precise the app determines the coordiantes by comparison to the old GPS Averaging app.
  •  

JoxM

Quote from: balloni55 on June 22, 2019, 16:56:15
Hello Magellan
please tell me, how do you copy/move/insert the accurate koords from Mobile Topographer Free to the POI you have created with locus
Hi balloni55,
Click on "Survey", "Start accurate positioning", wait for coordinates, "Stop accurate positioning", press in left bottom corner the symbol (map with position), export to Locus
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

c.s.g.

As a reaction to the new GPS Averaging app Menion reopend Position averaging when taking a point at the help desk.
So if there are enough votes for the idea there might be a solution direct within locus.

wdb2021

Yes, I turned it on a little bit, and all the ads were popping up I can't find any coordinates. I want to fix it as soon as possible.

Menion

"GPS Averaging" should be available in the latest Locus Map 4.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •