Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

erfi

@Andrew Heard: That's right, a longer track time gives more accurate results. My bike tour today: track time 5h 29min., Track interval 5 seconds, display off, airplane mode. Battery indicator at start: 95%, at target 77%. This gives an approximate battery consumption per hour between 3.3 to 3.5%. A fine result.  :)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: erfi on June 09, 2019, 20:35:39
@Andrew Heard: That's right, a longer track time gives more accurate results. My bike tour today: track time 5h 29min., Track interval 5 seconds, display off, airplane mode. Battery indicator at start: 95%, at target 77%. This gives an approximate battery consumption per hour between 3.3 to 3.5%. A fine result.  :)
@erfi - good to see your results. 3.5% of course depends on the battery capacity too, so not directly comparable across phones. Your current usage is similar to mine though. Do you have records from a few months ago - have you noticed an increase? I used to regularly record 2.0 to 2.5%.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

erfi

No, I have no further data to compare.
  •  

Tapio

I'm using the last non-beta. My experience is, too often v4 vector map does not load. At all, or sometimes a bit. Sometimes load after map drag. Seen that especially in route planner. Sometimes Locus cache has to be cleared.
It is annoying if Locus insists on looking like in screenshot.
I think it loves to do this when the map is moved to more far away locations.

Edit:  now cache delete, restart whole phone, no matter if v3 or v4 map(only v4, oam Germany North vs. Germany mid), no matter which theme, mostly no map buildup, sometimes at zl 13,but not above. no more idea except using Osmand. Want to not risk uninstall Locus.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Not funny any more. Maps loading like sh***

https://youtu.be/-xBHgfzRXWk

It can be seen that map is Germany North, from OAM. But at some ZL it is not displayed north of Dortmund.

Edit: it says it loaded Germany North, but my impression is it auto loaded Germany mid where it is not needed.
  •  

Tapio

Must be something with Germany north vs. Germany Mid. IDK, I changed to Nordrhein-Westfalen map  now, which works for me.
  •  

Graf Geo

I have the same problem with the v4 cards.
Regardless of whether Germany North or regional maps. Reloading is constantly jammed.
  •  

slarti76

Beta 3.2, "Magnify all maps"
The severe bugs from 3.1 are gone (no blank tiles/screen), but apart from that it's still not working as advertised. I'll summarize:

• Factor has no effect, always seems to be x2 (vector and raster maps)
  • Raster maps: When in highest available zoom level at 100%, and I zoom in once, it enlarges to 200%. When I now switch on "Magnify", nothing happens. Things get even weirder when I use "Lock the zoom" - then I even get blank screens again. The current algorithm clearly doesn't work when in highest zoom. Probably also the case for vector maps, but there the highest possible zoom is so large that it probably doesn't matter that much. But with a raster map with max ZL17, it is!
  •  

michaelbechtold

To be honest, the most transparent and controllable way would be to have the former algorithm, PLUS a one time evaluation of DPI at the very start of Locus, to be used as an additional - or even optional - magification factor.
Just my 2c ...
  •  

Menion

@Tom
unfortunately together with my colleagues, we are still unable to simulate this problem. No matter what we do, it simply works. Are you using any overlay or WMS map?

@tapio
all other vector maps, except LoMaps, has defined area as big bounding rectangle. So huge maps like these you use, may have areas completely without a map, but Locus is unable to detect it because the definition in the map tell that this empty space should be covered. So I may currently highly recommend using more smaller maps then two huge.

@slarti76
I'm still quite sure it works, it only does not immediately change what you expected (visible camera scale). Try to use hardware zoom in/out after you change magnify and you will for sure see difference.
Anyway blank screen with combination with zoom lock is weird. Can't simulate, but will be watching it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on June 12, 2019, 13:43:54@slarti76
I'm still quite sure it works, it only does not immediately change what you expected (visible camera scale). Try to use hardware zoom in/out after you change magnify and you will for sure see difference.
Anyway blank screen with combination with zoom lock is weird. Can't simulate, but will be watching it.
Ok, I recorded a screen video, showing how it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't; plus an instance of blank screen when magnified. "Unfortunately", the factor worked in this case, but I did try it before with screenshots where the result was always the same no matter what factor I used. Can't figure out what was different.
Download: https://web.tresorit.com/l#CfD2qKZB6nRcAjJFGdbFCg
Corrected: https://web.tresorit.com/l#PVxxuyumpUpuQjSiiSCFmA
  •  

Tom

Quote from: menion on June 12, 2019, 13:43:54
@Tom
unfortunately together with my colleagues, we are still unable to simulate this problem. No matter what we do, it simply works. Are you using any overlay or WMS map?
No overlay or WMS at all. The problem even occurs with a blank map. But I did some more experiments and I think I found the root cause for the problem: If I clear the SRTM folder, then the problem does not occur. So, it is the number of files in my SRTM folder, which slows down the app. In my STRM folder there are about 3100 files. 500 of them are *.empty files. The rest are *.hgt files. I'm also a programmer and we had a similar problem too (on a Windows system). We solved it by creating a hierarchy of sub-folders ensuring that the maximum number of files per folder does not exceed a certain upper limit (must be determined by experiments). In your case you can easily use the coordinate parts of the tiles to create the names of the sub-folders.

Hope this observation helps to solve the issue.

Best regards,
Thomas
  •  

Tom

Quote from: Tom on June 13, 2019, 00:30:34
We solved it by creating a hierarchy of sub-folders ensuring that the maximum number of files per folder does not exceed a certain upper limit (must be determined by experiments). In your case you can easily use the coordinate parts of the tiles to create the names of the sub-folders.
Perhaps a much simpler solution would be to cache the names of the HGT files in memory instead of enumerating them from the filesystem every time.

BR Thomas
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I confirm the problem with the white screen as slarti76. Vector maps OSM V3, android 8. The problem does not occur at all magnifications and does not show even on tablet with android 5. If you want to try to simulate on your device then try the same scale as on the screen (100m) and then map your fingers to scale 300 m. I attach the SCR.
  •  

Tapio

New update, vector map v4, map magnification, no difference if 100,125 or 150 percent.
  •