Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sonny

#150
@lor74cas:
this is in Croatia, where no high resolution .hgt are available yet. So those used by locus have a real resolution of just 60-90 meter and with additional interpolation it could be possible that up to 50-100m from the coast there are shadows within the sea of a map.

John Campbell

I suppose the underlying question is, should Locus know where there is water and not display shadows (or even contour lines and elevation detail).
I think it would be nice but maybe not possible.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

  •  

balloni55

Locus Map Classic 3.65.2 AFA
Locus Map 4.14.2.1 Gold AFA
LMP User ID 7ee4dad32
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

#153
Quote from: michaelbechtold on June 04, 2019, 15:52:03
BetterBatteryStats or a similar tool should tell what is happening behind the scenes.
Comparing old and new Locus version on the same device, screen off is key, and maybe a "virgin" restarted device should make results comparable. And show a smoking gun ...
@michaelbechtold - thanks. I had used gsam Battery Monitor Pro, but BetterBatteryStats looks interesting, however after using Locus for 5 hours today, I can't interpret the TXT file that BetterBatteryStats creates. Please help. Where can I find the % battery used by Locus for example?

Under Wakelocks (edited to only show lines with "locus"):

GpsConnectionBaseImpl (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 4 h 59 m 59 s  Count:1 95.0%
LocationManagerService (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 36 s  Count:19902 0.2%
*alarm* (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 27 s  Count:1599 0.1%


Under Processes (edited to only show lines with "locus"):

*wakelock* (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): Uid: 10172 Sys: 5 h 34 m 29 s  Us: 7 h 20 m 54 s  Starts: 0
menion.android.locus (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): Uid: 10172 Sys: 15 m 6 s  Us: 49 m 40 s  Starts: 2
menion.android.locus.pro (menion.android.locus.pro.Locus Map): Uid: 10257 Sys:  Us:  Starts: 2

etc.

Attached UI showing Wakelocks.
LM4.14.2.1 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: sonny on June 06, 2019, 09:36:38
@lor74cas:
this is in Croatia, where no high resolution .hgt are available yet. So those used by locus have a real resolution of just 60-90 meter and with additional interpolation it could be possible that up to 50-100m from the coast there are shadows within the sea of a map.
Understood, thank you. As I said before I do not worry too much about shadows.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

New Beta 3.38.3.2 just uploaded on Google Play

@Tom
I understand your precise description, unfortunately, I wasn't able to simulate this issue. Give please a try new Beta as well, because I made some improvements that may affect this as well.

@John Campbell
new account? It should be possible to change almost everything in the old one like email address etc. Anyway coastlines are not directly available in the app.

@balloni55
ah damn, thanks. Second try ...

@Andrew Heard
wakelock is expected in case of enabled GPS. Locus Map keeps wakelock active as long as GPS is needed.
.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

bedee

#156
Today i used for the first time the maps from Andromaps, V4 ML OpenAndroMaps, normaly i use their V3 maps with no problems at all.
With the V4 maps my Android Honor 8 crashed several time. Now back to V3 maps.

Much better and runs smoother.

Problems with Openandromaps V4 maps and Locus Pro ?

Have now version 3.38.3
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 06, 2019, 13:19:18

Hello Andrew,
the numbers I see tell that Locus is busy basically uninterrupted. I would expect that there is near to zero "deep sleep" (you can look up CPU states)
That would imply a heavy battery burn rate. On the other hand, if the tracking profile requests snapshots every second e.g., that would be the epxected result.
It would be interesting to see the DIFFERENCE of those metrics between the versions.
Good luck and kind regards
Michael

Quote from: michaelbechtold on June 04, 2019, 15:52:03
BetterBatteryStats or a similar tool should tell what is happening behind the scenes.
Comparing old and new Locus version on the same device, screen off is key, and maybe a "virgin" restarted device should make results comparable. And show a smoking gun ...
@michaelbechtold - thanks. I had used gsam Battery Monitor Pro, but BetterBatteryStats looks interesting, however after using Locus for 5 hours today, I can't interpret the TXT file that BetterBatteryStats creates. Please help. Where can I find the % battery used by Locus for example?

Under Wakelocks (edited to only show lines with "locus"):

GpsConnectionBaseImpl (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 4 h 59 m 59 s  Count:1 95.0%
LocationManagerService (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 36 s  Count:19902 0.2%
*alarm* (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): 27 s  Count:1599 0.1%


Under Processes (edited to only show lines with "locus"):

*wakelock* (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): Uid: 10172 Sys: 5 h 34 m 29 s  Us: 7 h 20 m 54 s  Starts: 0
menion.android.locus (menion.android.locus.Locus Map): Uid: 10172 Sys: 15 m 6 s  Us: 49 m 40 s  Starts: 2
menion.android.locus.pro (menion.android.locus.pro.Locus Map): Uid: 10257 Sys:  Us:  Starts: 2

etc.

Attached UI showing Wakelocks.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@michaelbechtold - are you saying the "Awake (Screen Off) 5h 99%" and "Locus *wakelock* 5h 19%" are a surprise to you? My track recording profile is 25m | 240s | 50m, so should not be continually recording while cycling; and display is off for 5 hours except ~2 minutes. What are the important clues I should be looking at? The descriptions are more suited to an Android programmer than an ordinary user. There is nothing that says "Locus used x% battery in y hours".
LM4.14.2.1 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

Tom

Hi Menion,

thank you for the new beta. I tested it, but unfortunately the behaviour did not change. I fear that me error description was not entirely correct, because when I repeated me tests in order to create a screen capture, I could freeze the app even without being informed about missing HGT data. IMHO it is just an overload condition, when visiting that huge amount of HGT tiles in lower zoom levels. Here is the screen capture of my last test:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxPxrkMcuWe77F_SkP4kAzHyyGcvX5LQ/view?usp=sharing
The small moving circle is the touch point.

Best regards,
Thomas
  •  

michaelbechtold

@AndrewHeard: these stats are indeed somewhat hard core and well under the hood.
I was indeed surprised, and the stats you shared would make me look at the cpu state stats.
And any stats that directly points to Locus (or any other app) does not tell the full truth anyway.
If an app prevents the phone form low cpu frequency (deep sleep would be ideal), this burns battery indirectly in addition to the direct cpu time by the app.
Most importantly I would compare an older version of Locus with the new version and look at the DIFFERENCES, which should give Menion some hints.
  •  

erfi

Beta 3.38.3.2: Tested yesterday with my SGS8 tracking recording.
Airplane mode, display off, interval 2 seconds, track time 1 h 2 minutes. Power display at start 66%, at target 63%. Only 3 % battery consumption, that's a very good value. The recording accuracy is also very good.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on June 07, 2019, 14:14:40
New Beta 3.38.3.2 just uploaded on Google Play
@balloni55
ah damn, thanks. Second try ...
now it works ;) thanks
Locus Map Classic 3.65.2 AFA
Locus Map 4.14.2.1 Gold AFA
LMP User ID 7ee4dad32
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

#163
On my tablet I have tiramisu as a possible theme in 3.38.
Now I want to activate it on my mobile ... but it doesn't work.
Copied it 1to1 from tablet, downloaded it fresh ... but I can't choose it within Locus.

The only unusual I can see: on my tablet tiramisu theme is grey but I can choose it.
The check find no error.


Finaly got it working ...😚
  •  

Andrew Heard

#164
Quote from: erfi on June 08, 2019, 11:00:50
Beta 3.38.3.2: Tested yesterday with my SGS8 tracking recording.
Airplane mode, display off, interval 2 seconds, track time 1 h 2 minutes. Power display at start 66%, at target 63%. Only 3 % battery consumption, that's a very good value. The recording accuracy is also very good.
I think battery % only has resolution to 0 decimal places, that is just integer values, so I've found measurements over short periods are not so accurate - the value could be 3% +/- 1%. So I've tried in the past to base measurements on 5 hour+ bike rides. But now I am going to experiment with a new recording profile that records every 5s and not moving, so I can just leave the device outside all day for a more objective test. Will see how it goes...
LM4.14.2.1 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •