Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

slarti76

Quote from: menion on June 03, 2019, 09:56:16
@slarti76
- during last days I've found a few more problems with maps, so you issue with OruxMaps may be the same, already fixed, issue.
Thx, but I think the real problem was what I wrote later about the magnifying: I was already in highest available zoom level, and then it didn't do anything, no matter what the (raster) map.

Quote- the switch is in advanced settings.
Ah, I see the misunderstanding. It says "Optimize raster map resolution... based on dpi". I thought there was a switch to turn off the whole dpi concept, but I remember you don't want to keep the old system at all, so obviously no switch. All fine!

Quote- the problem in route planner: this happens on both your devices? Seems you have some super-huge screen resolution, it is on your Note 4?
Actually, I could solve the issue with a "Clear Cache" from Android's App Info for Locus. Thx to Tapio, who mentioned possible caching issue - that seems to have been it. I think, whenever there is something wrong with icons, you should first clear cache. Can't hurt, anyway...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

poutnikl

Quote from: tapio on May 25, 2019, 17:20:57
But another idea, you could internally do a quality upscale when user downloads low resolution raster maps. You could do quality upscaling and offer such maps, if license allows, in your store and become wealthy.

High quality upscaling of high contrast edgy raster graphics is much more sophisticated than upscaling of photos.

Upscalers often use advanced, edge directed interpolation, some even with support of outputs of neural network training, like NNEDI3 library of Avisynth video frameserver.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

balloni55

Hello menion
any answer/solution to my post #59 ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry ... this is old behavior. It should be the same in all previous versions. The map is really not centered in case, there is any visible label. It should prevent jump of the label below fingers in case, you work or just watch this label.
Your correct point may be that in case, the label is out of the screen, it is not clear why the map is not centering, right? This happens to me once or twice and agree, it is not optimal.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on June 03, 2019, 15:07:03
Your correct point may be that in case, the label is out of the screen, it is not clear why the map is not centering, right? This happens to me once or twice and agree, it is not optimal.
thanks for your answer.
the behavior of label  is different for now
- if i start Guide on from label with "> Guide on" the label disapeare and all work fine :)
- if i start Guide on from POI detail the label is displayed furthermore :-[
so please make it consistent, if Guide on is started, hide label
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

I think this isn't mention in changelog for 38.3.1. Redraw of map after zoom change / movement is much faster. Great
  •  

Menion

Ah yes, new Beta 3.38.3.1 is out.

And it is ... hidden behind "many smaller fixes". I've spent some time searching for possible performance problems. Some changes may be visible for you, some not. But if your personal overall feeling is "faster" = perfect.

@balloni55
"united" (reaction on the last post)
  •  

lor74cas

Something wrong with shadows, on v4 map.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

erfi

Beta 3.38.3.1: Thanks, I have the feeling, the rendering is now even faster. It was synonymous in version 3.38.3 already fast on my S8.  :)
In the beta 3.38.3.1 the automatic map change does not work anymore.
  •  

john_percy

For me:
1. Rendering seems much faster
2. "Magnify all" works a treat!
3. Automatic map change works for vector maps for LoMaps/MF3/MF4. (That's testing moving from Wales to England.)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

An observation, not a bug or request. For each long ride I keep a record of device power consumption. I have an exact set of apps running, mainly just Locus, firewall, no wifi, no data, track recording, no routing, display off. Until approx. 3.37.2 in April power consumption has been ~2.5 to 3% per hour. This has been consistent over 100s rides over last few years. But since 3.37.2 I have noticed power increase to 3.0 to 4.5% per hour. I only have 5 long rides of data yet so not 100% confident. And maybe this is the price to pay for improved map rendering. But I just thought I mention my experience anyway as power consumption on longer rides is quite important to me.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

tommi

Hmm Andrew, there shouldn't be any map rendering while screen off.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@lor74cas
what exactly is wrong with shadows? HGT files used for rendering of shadows may not be the same as used for creating map and it's elevation lines.

@erfi
automatic map change: be more specific please. Which map, how they are stored on your SD card, what settings you use, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
interesting observation. As @tommi correctly mentioned, if screen is off, there is no visible map = no matter what I changed, it should have no effect here. If only running is track recording (is it?) then it is surprising, because I did not touched anything regards track recording service for a long time. Please keep tracking and confirm this, thanks.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2019, 08:19:14

@Andrew Heard
interesting observation. As @tommi correctly mentioned, if screen is off, there is no visible map = no matter what I changed, it should have no effect here. If only running is track recording (is it?) then it is surprising, because I did not touched anything regards track recording service for a long time. Please keep tracking and confirm this, thanks.

Do I understand it right that the Kalman filtering of position applies only to screen rendering, while track recording uses unfiltered data ? But even if not, I guess battery impact would be minimal.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Menion

Ah yes ... I did not touch track recording directly, but functionality before (work with received GPS location) is affected. So yes, location filter is applied directly on received location and then all functionality in the app use this modified location. Anyway, it is just a few matrix operations once per second, so it definitely cannot increase power consumption by 1%.
You may anyway give it a try Andrew by disabling location filter in settings > GPS & Sensors > Location filter.
  •