Locus Map vs Locus Classic ... what's next?

Started by Menion, April 10, 2019, 08:18:06

Menion

To be true, I'm not sure this discussion leads anywhere...

So hopefully last quick summary:
- We really try to be fair, so current Locus Map Pro will stay updated, working, fine-tuned, even it's quite extra work for us!
- we will (most probably) try to provide two versions of subscription, where the "as cheap as possible" will be without mentioned cloud features, free LoMaps, etc.
- there will still exist the possibility to use Locus Map without paying, same as current Locus Map Free, which I believe is still well usable application

I'm sure, this allows to choose to everyone.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Saturo

Quote from: ThomasD. on April 27, 2019, 11:53:13
Will Locus Basic have ads as former free version?
This question is still unanswered.
  •  

Menion

The answer is not yet known.

Anyway, expected steps: since begin, ads most probably remain as is. If the subscription system will work, I will definitely vote for a small gift to remove ads from the top map screen. I'm sure we all agree that ads do not belong to the "professional" application.
  •  

hans.castorp

Quote from: menion on April 30, 2019, 14:44:31
to bring little light from our latest internal discussions, we will try to keep price for full version to 10€/year where should be also full unlimited access to LoMaps and hopefully also some kind of synchronization server. Because I'm sure there are people not interested in LoMaps & sync, I would like to bring also some kind of "light" subscription with probably half price that won't include these two features. Consider these information as "work in progress" with a chance to change as we do some more calculations. Thanks!

I find those numbers perfectly acceptable.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Thanks, guys, appreciate it. It will, of course, have some delay :).
  •  

Frivold

I have a question about translation:

I have translated most of LocusMap in current version. Are you using the same text strings that already have been translated, or will there suddenly come a day when we have to translate everything again for the new version?

I am looking forward to the new version, and I find the price 10€/year acceptable for the most comprehensive hiking map there is.
  •  

Menion

Hello,

as I mentioned before, "new" Locus Map and good old Locus Classic (Pro) will still share most of its source code. They will also share most of its translation.
Sum: expect that at the start, the translation will be still shared. Over time first or second app may have some unique own texts, so these texts will be separated, but rest will still be shared. Uff, hope what I wrote  makes sense :).
  •  

Menion

•