[APP] - version 3.29.+ ( 1. 2. 2018 )

Started by Menion, February 01, 2018, 13:53:59

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on March 05, 2018, 23:35:05@Viajero Perdido
may you please show me issue with weird distance to cache? I'm unable to simulate this problem, thanks.
Did a little experimenting.  It only happens with my tablet, not the phone, and seems related to my switching to a faraway map, then back home again.  View Hong Kong (about 10400km away from here), tap home button, suddenly it's showing my home coords, then tap a near-to-home cache.

When I view a Mexico map, then tap home, I get a Mexico-ish distance.

Interestingly, I've got both devices set for auto-load maps and auto-load of any type, but sometimes it'll load my home map, sometimes not.  (Home map currently is OAM; I use whichever is most recent.)

This doesn't bother me at all, so I'm happy to ignore it.  You might have better things to work on.  :)
  •  

jajaballard

Hi Menion,
thanks for your reply.

Settings for auto export are ok. Nothing to bother with.

But what I'm looking for is as follow:
1. Stop Recording
2. Provide "name" and "folder" and  save the track
3. After that the "Track-detail" screen for the just saved track should open, so that I can look directly at my data.... and there is no need to search/reopen for the saved track.

I think it works like this in the past...and a friend of mine also confirmed this.

Regards
Ralf

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
thanks for a description. I'll be watching problem with distance more carefully. About map: it is more complicated here. OpenAndroMaps (other maps then LoMaps), does not currently defined exact coverage so detection if they are or aren't best for certain area is not precise.

@jajaballard
Ah I finally understand. So problem is not auto-save feature, but the fact that you want to perform two exports and not just one and track screen does not appear after you save it.
Cannot say for sure, but I expect that users wants to return to map after they stop recording. Definitely more then to do some post-analysis or second export like in your case. Or am I wrong and more people wants to see track statistics after recording more then a map?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jajaballard

Again thanks for the reply.

Just my 2 pence:
Why we do track recording? >>> To keep the data, to look at the staistics, to share or to reuse them later.

So I think it is quite natural, direct after stop and save the  recording, to have a look at the new created data, like distance , elevation gain or elevation diagram. This all is shown in the "Track details" screen.

It can be closed by just one click on the back button.

If I need to open the "Track details" manual from the map window it takes me definitive more steps (3-4) depending on the number of tracks overlapping in my current view.

So for my point of view, open the "Track details" screen automatically after saving the track is the smarter way, then returning to map first.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on March 06, 2018, 18:20:11
Cannot say for sure, but I expect that users wants to return to map after they stop recording.
@menion my use-case after stopping track recording is to immediately go to Edit Info for the new track (change name, assign folder, perform export, hide track). I would prefer this flow than returning to the map as currently occurs.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Oki, thanks guys.
Let's try small poll: directly at top of screen http://help.locusmap.eu/ , so please vote till end of week, thanks!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jajaballard

jajaballard

Ok , just tested the "wifi-only" setting for manual export: >>> Works fine
  •  

jajaballard

Weather seems still not to work in version 3.29.2.5

Still: Bad request code 400

Cross checked with LocusPro >> it works fine there.

Regards
  •  

Menion

Ah finally found a problem. It was more serious issue, then just in this weather screen. Thanks!!
  •  

john_percy

Red toaster message on restarting phone: "Problem with backup directory".
I have all my custom directories set on the external SD card and they work fine apart from the backup directory which seems to lose its permission to access the external card on restarting. If I go into settings, I have to reconfirm permission for Locus to access that directory.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Interesting. Maybe some bug in your motorola. Are you using some custom ROM?
I noticed same problem earlier from one user and if I remember correctly, we were not able to solve it.
How quickly after reboot this problem appear? Locus should check backups one minute after reboot is done, is it correct?
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on March 09, 2018, 13:23:35
Interesting. Maybe some bug in your motorola. Are you using some custom ROM?
I noticed same problem earlier from one user and if I remember correctly, we were not able to solve it.
How quickly after reboot this problem appear? Locus should check backups one minute after reboot is done, is it correct?
I'm using standard ROM. I don't get a toaster message every time but I think the backup directory fails the test every boot. All the other custom directories are on external SD card and are OK.
After a minute - that's about right, timewise but it does seem very soon after boot. My SD card is probably still initialising then.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Oki, I'll modify this to next version, so backup action will be delayed for additional five minutes and we will see if it helps.
  •  

Menion

*** New BETA version 3.29.2.8 ***
- except smaller changes, I made completely new system how Locus Map use system GPS. It's based on latest suggestions and also use Google Play services if they are available in your system (if not, older system is used). After testing by three users, I have really positive feedback on app stability even with disabled optimizations in system on Android 7 and 8. If you had any troubles with disabling app or GPS during recording, definitely give it a try and let me know!
Auto-GPS off and NMEA recording feature should be also working (not yet perfectly tested).
Nice weekend!
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menion, why in the last beta do not set the interval at 0 for auto-off? This was useful when I wanted to reset gps for an inaccuracy of 100 m.

Cz: Ahoj Menione, proč v poslední betě nejde u auto-off nastavit časový interval na 0? To se hodilo když jsem chtěl resetovat gps třeba jen při nepřesnosti 100 m.
  •