[APP] - version 3.21.x (21. 12. 2016+)

Started by Menion, December 21, 2016, 15:04:04

Andrew Heard

A question unrelated to presets: has anyone else noticed that with hardware compass enabled map rotation orientation filter has no effect? Whether I have heavy filter or no filter, it makes no difference, the map is rotating as if there is no filter. This behavior seems very recent. I normally use heavy filter but is not working. Could it be related to presets? I can't think of any other change. Quite confusing. Thanks for any suggestions.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

zossebart

My feedback regarding the presets-feature:

I'm ok with the way it's implemented now. This way the settings currently in use are consistent with what the main settings menu shows (at this time). You (the user) just have to keep in mind that some settings can be changed from what you set up in the main settings when a preset is "executed".

I must admit, I first was confused about how to set up a preset, even to the point I thought it didn't work on my phone (or maybe it actually wasn't in the first version?). It took me a while to realise that it's a two-step process of first selecting which settings should be available in the preset, and then the actual setting. But I think this is only a matter of headline/description/help texts...

So I'm looking forward to also having themes, dashboard activation, permanent display on and display activation settings available. Also, preset execution when starting track record with a specific recording profile would be nice!

Menion

Hi,
so new Beta version is out. Suggest to delete existing "Presets" (if you will try this feature again), so you have better feel of whole setup workflow :). Otherwise thanks all for a valuable feedback. I cannot satisfy everyone, but I at least try to find something ... between.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

3.21.1.5 Presets: with GPS disabled I notice each time I change preset the map is moved to the last GPS position (in this case on tablet it is position from a month ago).

Nice to have map themes now included.

Because each preset can have own independent set of settings I imagine could cause user confusion. Seems user will generally need to have settings identical in each preset (for example I am testing with 3 presets Cycling/ Driving/ Default). There is not going to be large number of settings to choose from so could the initial choosing of set of settings be removed - each preset just has all possible settings? User simply decides on the value of each setting.

Could the list of presets be "moved up one level" for faster access - display each preset in "More functions" rather than More functions > Presets. Or even faster access via Quick settings?
  •  

LocusUser#1

Since beta 3.21.1.4 locus does not remember the last used offline vector map at the end, it is displayed after a restart always the last used online map. My vector maps lie in a subdirectory "OpenAndroMaps".
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSince beta 3.21.1.4 locus does not remember the last used offline vector map at the end, it is displayed after a restart always the last used online map
confirm behavior :-[
also on rastermap
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 27, 2017, 10:32:15
Nice to have map themes now included.
For me, it would be nicer to have map styles as well as themes included.
Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 27, 2017, 10:32:15
Because each preset can have own independent set of settings I imagine could cause user confusion. Seems user will generally need to have settings identical in each preset (for example I am testing with 3 presets Cycling/ Driving/ Default). There is not going to be large number of settings to choose from so could the initial choosing of set of settings be removed - each preset just has all possible settings? User simply decides on the value of each setting.
That change would need a three-position switch (on | off | no change) for each setting which is what the present arrangement achieves.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

lor74cas

Quote from: LocusUser#1 on January 27, 2017, 11:12:30
Since beta 3.21.1.4 locus does not remember the last used offline vector map at the end, it is displayed after a restart always the last used online map. My vector maps lie in a subdirectory "OpenAndroMaps".
Confirmed

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: john_percy on January 27, 2017, 11:55:24
For me, it would be nicer to have map styles as well as themes included.

+1 map style setting in addition to theme selection would definitely be nice, as many themes are a combination of multiple styles these days.

Thanks for including dashboards into the presets!

Will there be a possibility to execute a preset based on active navigation? This way I could automatically use a more cleaner dashboard when I'm not navigating, and one with nav track elevation profile display when navigating.
  •  

john_percy

Point detail > Map apps > Streetview is not working at present. It goes to current position on Google maps and notifies Streetview is not available here.
If I choose Google maps from Locus point detail instead and drop a pin, Streetview works.
I guess Google has changed something.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on January 27, 2017, 11:55:24
That change would need a three-position switch (on | off | no change) for each setting which is what the present arrangement achieves.
yes, I suggested this a few days earlier. The present arrangement is a 2-step process - 1) select settings, 2) decide on overriden value. Instead there could be a single list. For boolean settings there could be a 3-way button, but for more complex settings this wouldn't work. A checkbox to override the setting and the actual setting control may be simpler to explain/ more intuitive for users than the current process.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 25, 2017, 10:34:15
has anyone else noticed that with hardware compass enabled map rotation orientation filter has no effect? Whether I have heavy filter or no filter, it makes no difference, the map is rotating as if there is no filter. This behavior seems very recent.
Heavy hardware compass orientation filter setting is now working again in latest beta.
  •  

Andrew Heard

When a preset is selected I think it would be nice to be quickly returned to the main screen. At present the More Functions screen is displayed.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 28, 2017, 23:10:06
When a preset is selected I think it would be nice to be quickly returned to the main screen. At present the More Functions screen is displayed.
And it should be possible to put individual presents to the upper or right button bar, displaying the number from the position in the list of presets. Or the first three letters from the present name.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

Žajdlík Josef

It would be good if you could tell the preset that is used. When multiple profiles would be in them could lose. In addition, the profile could offer saving your changes later. I enclose samples.

CZ: Bylo by dobré kdyby v preset bylo poznat, který je použitý. Při více profilech by se v nich dalo ztratit. Profil by navíc mohl nabídnout uložení změn provedených dodatečně. Přikládám ukázky.

. .
  •