Brouter - calculation 'java checkum error'' + Vector map error

Started by locuscycling, October 29, 2016, 22:48:44

locuscycling

After few years of excellent( no problems)  working  finally duo Locus+Brouter  stop working for me.

Another problem - Entering Locus i get this screen

I have to go to ,Settings'' and give Vector map folder. It works for some time, probobly till new update ,i don't know
I have all my maps ( vector + raster ) and Brouter details ( segment, profiles ..)  on Micro Sd,

Where is the problem?
  •  

Andrew Heard

If I saw that checksum error for RD5 file my first step would be to delete the file and download the file again. Or even rename old RD5, download new, and do binary compare to see whether there really is a checksum error.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

locuscycling

I downloaded ,,new'' E10 N50 file and it works . thx for an Idea.

(But it also means that i have to download and replace  all my RD5 files ( ca 4gb in more then 50 files ))
  •  

jusc

Quote from: locuscycling on October 29, 2016, 22:48:44
Another problem - Entering Locus i get this screen

Do you use an Android 6.0X custom rom? I have the same issue after each update of Locus. No solution until now..
Regards J.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: locuscycling on October 30, 2016, 09:04:29

(But it also means that i have to download and replace  all my RD5 files ( ca 4gb in more then 50 files ))

A general advice is to update simultaneously the vector map and related RD5 files. The RD5 files are much smaller than vector maps of the same area.

Particular files are independent, you may update frequently used maps and RD5's often, while the other occasionally.

locuscycling

Quote from: jusc
Do you use an Android 6.0X custom rom? I have the same issue after each update of Locus. No solution until now..

I have Android 5.0.2 .

Quote from: poutnikl
A general advice is to update simultaneously the vector map and related RD5 files. The RD5 files are much smaller than vector maps of the same area.

Since ca 1 year till last ''crash'' i didn't update RD5 files  and Vector map as well.
Changes are microscopic so i don't see any reason to update.
Generally on my bike i use only rasters.

•  

poutnikl

Quote from: locuscycling on November 03, 2016, 10:23:49
Since ca 1 year till last ''crash'' i didn't update RD5 files  and Vector map as well.
Changes are microscopic so i don't see any reason to update.
Generally on my bike i use only rasters.
Well, the changes in vector maps are much more significant than in raster maps.
In urban areas because of  human activity,
In rural areas because of OSM mapping progress.
Additionally, BRouter, its profiles, lookups.dat and segment files evolves...

john_percy

Quote from: poutnikl on October 30, 2016, 22:26:08
Quote from: locuscycling on October 30, 2016, 09:04:29

Particular files are independent, you may update frequently used maps and RD5's often, while the other occasionally.
Surely Brouter route finding does not depend on downloading up to date vector maps.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: john_percy on November 04, 2016, 09:58:44Surely Brouter route finding does not depend on downloading up to date vector maps.

Surely it does not. But the user may get confused by inconsistency of the rendered and routing data, in case of deviations. Such a risk obviously depends on local frequency of OSM updates and the data timestamp difference. I do not say a user should update both at every update. But at the same time a user should critically evaluate acceptable time difference.

The same is valid for online routing as well, except one does not update routing data.

Personally, I use Windows batch downloads and PC<>Android wifi sync  for both MapsForge compatible maps and BRouter data. So frequent selective updates of home area is not a big deal.

Offline ( native ) routing in e.g. OSMAnd does not have such a problem, as rendering and routing uses the same data.

abrensch

Quote from: locuscycling on October 29, 2016, 22:48:44
Where is the problem?

With version 1.3, about a year ago, I introduced a new, much more compact, rd5 data file format. Wirh version 1,4.4, about 3 months ago, I dropped the support gor decoding the old format.

I guess you get a checksum error whe. trying tp read the unsupported format.

Thats my first guess. My second guess is a broken sd card
because thats what the checksum check is for. Especially if you have "multiple effects", thats always a good time to change tthe card
  •