Started by Menion, October 13, 2016, 06:45:13

Menion

12.10.2016 - Locus 3.19.0 - new version
- Blog post about major version: blog post
- Detailed list of news: list of news

27.10.2016 - Locus 3.19.0.1 - beta version
- news after app start.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

I very much like the new BRouter navigation settings. Good result after a few beta trials.

1) One suggestion with BRouter advanced settings - when you edit the Locus Profile Name the text under the profile icon is not updated until you exit/ re-enter this dialog which I think is confusing.

2) Where are these Locus profiles stored in the file system? I'd like to compare those profiles with the BRouter ones. Can I edit BRouter BRF files and incorporate relevant Locus profile parameters? Are BRF files parsed for all parameters, or are these profile parameters "hard coded"?

3) To be consistent with the two other parameters the Unpaved parameter should be labelled "Avoid unpaved":

4) Very minor but the month in the release notes is September instead of October - "11.9.2016"
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Quote"Settings" button on track record widget changed to icon of current profile
if profile is changed via widget or direct in settings the widget icon isn´t refreched.
It´s refreched on next track record start :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

TrulloF

There are problems with the new version when brouter navigation needs to recalculate the route and there's already a point "to" used as target. The program tries to create another "to" point and gets confused. Result is that recalculation doesn't work at all (throws some java error or something, I can't remember). To recreate this behavior just use a point with the name "to" as target and force the program to recalculate by using a wrong turn.
2nd problem is that I get two cursors when starting a new navigation (see the attached screenshot). Any ideas what's causing this?
Thank you in advance for looking into it.
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

TrulloF

Thanks for the tip with cursor. I must have changed that setting recently. Problem solved.
Regarding the java error, I'll try to make a screen shot tomorrow.
  •  

john_percy

Map Content > Active Items gives this screen if no items are active. I'm sure it should tell the user to use Map Items not Data Manager now.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: balloni55 on October 13, 2016, 12:32:08
Quote"Settings" button on track record widget changed to icon of current profile
if profile is changed via widget or direct in settings the widget icon isn´t refreched.
It´s refreched on next track record start :-[
The same for me, the refresh of the icon needs a fresh start of locus (if already in memory the widget doesn't refresh) or track rec.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

Quotedev_enable_add_new_route_via_points=
missing in config :-[
i didn´t find a comparable option in settings ::)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: TrulloF on October 13, 2016, 20:52:59
There are problems with the new version when brouter navigation needs to recalculate the route and there's already a point "to" used as target. The program tries to create another "to" point and gets confused. Result is that recalculation doesn't work at all (throws some java error or something, I can't remember). To recreate this behavior just use a point with the name "to" as target and force the program to recalculate by using a wrong turn.

IMHO, Locus should avoid creation of its own "to" waypoint, as BRouter implies usage of "to" waypoint for its mode of the automatic route setting by points "from", "viaN", "to" .

Menion

@Andrew Heard:
thanks. Little bit more complicated (BRouter settings), we will see if others find it useful and clear.

1) improved
2) profiles are stored internally ... I've attached current version to this post below. Few available parameters ( %avoid_motorways%, %avoid_toll%, %avoid_unpaved% and %is_wet% ) are currently hardcoded in Locus.
3) thanks, renamed
4) ah ... September was too short :)

@balloni55: thanks! I've tested only a change of type activity within a profile and forget to test change of profile itself, fixed

@0709: I thank you for a lot of hours you spend on testing last month! Try to describe me your idea with "Depart" sound little more please, thank you.

@TrulloF: hmm and I should use some method of calling BRouter in server mode? Point me on a place where I may read how to do it, as I never tried to use BRouter other then directly over Locus UI, thanks

@john_percy: thanks!

@balloni55: settings was removed maybe two months ago because it complicated merging of tracks during creating. It complicates life now?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Another place where the data manager screen is described incorrectly. It doesn't deal with local files any more.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

In BRouter settings, I don't see much point in the switch between Locus profiles and BRouter profiles now since if you are using Locus profiles you can assign BRouter profiles, which would normally only be used by master users who have customised the profiles.

•  

balloni55

QuoteIt complicates life now?
yes, how can user hide unneedet visible viapoints from routeplaning?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

TrulloF

Here's a screen shot of the error, when using "to" and "from" points as start and target for navigation with brouter and recalculation is kicking in.
  •