[APP] - version 3.13.x (24. 11. 2015)

Started by Menion, November 04, 2015, 16:08:13

eldron

@jusc
i thought i knew all settings in locus,  but how did u get the compass onto the map screen?
Can't find that setting anywhere.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on December 12, 2015, 18:12:27
Compass arrow, this is different story - difference in old and new version is not so big I think, so leave it for now please.

The difference between old and new version is not so big? My pro compass icon was fine until the recent beta with new icons. I already mentioned this at the time. beta compass (right) is fine, pro compass (left) is unusable. Solution?
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

gynta

Quote from: eldron on December 12, 2015, 22:03:27
@jusc
i thought i knew all settings in locus,  but how did u get the compass onto the map screen?
Can't find that setting anywhere.

select "rotate the map" function [8] http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl#main_screen_and_controlling

jusc

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 12, 2015, 23:28:41
Quote from: menion on December 12, 2015, 18:12:27
Compass arrow, this is different story - difference in old and new version is not so big I think, so leave it for now please.

The difference between old and new version is not so big? My pro compass icon was fine until the recent beta with new icons. I already mentioned this at the time. beta compass (right) is fine, pro compass (left) is unusable. Solution?

Andrew,
what version of Locus Pro and Android are you using?
I wonder that your icons of Pro differs so much from mine.
I use still Android 4.3 and Pro 3.13.1 on Note 2 with 240dpi
Regards J.
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: jusc on December 13, 2015, 08:20:17
Andrew,
what version of Locus Pro and Android are you using?
I wonder that your icons of Pro differs so much from mine.
I use still Android 4.3 and Pro 3.13.1 on Note 2 with 240dpi
@jusc - Pro 3.13.1 (latest version), Android 5.1.1, Xperia Z1 ~400dpi, standard icons (as far as I'm aware), I'll say again the compass icon in Pro was "good" size and only changed size when I upgraded Locus beta 3.13.1.5 (28th Nov) which in the release notes says "work in progress - icons..."
  •  

Andrew Heard

@gynta @just - thanks for both your help - it turns out I had "red cursor V2 - Locus community" map cursor source selected. When I change to default or Locus (v. 2014) the compass is now OK. Curious - the "red cursor V2" is displayed OK in 3.13.1.5, so I'm guessing it work work again with next version of Pro. Note I haven't changed the map cursor for a long time, but clearly 3.13.1.5 did make some difference. Sorry to waste both your time.
  •  

jusc

I just tested it a bit.
For new Beta you have two create some compass icons new.
Cursors red V2 p. e. is too big.
The advantage of Beta is, that you can  insert better (bigger) icons.
The original view with smartphone is sharper than these screenshots show the icons  ;)

Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: jusc on December 13, 2015, 13:18:01
The original view with smartphone is sharper than these screenshots

So i suggest: Don't resize your screenshots  ;)

gynta

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 13, 2015, 10:17:35it turns out I had "red cursor V2 - Locus community" map cursor source selected.
Locus select his cursor size from folders (if exists)
see http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons#basic_cursors
But sometimes this cursor icons are to small/big
I don't like to use a "resize option" for a pixel graphix. (blurred or coarse graining)
I suggest to create you own best fit cursor icon package.
Not easy, because sometimes we need a large navigation cursor but also a small center cross.
That's the reason why I have updated the red cursor V2 - long time ago as an construction kit:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=1960.msg38402#msg38402
(readme.txt inside zip)

balloni55

different icon for same function
and question: why you didnĀ“t use eye icon?

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hmm quite long and complicated discussion about cursors. I'm now not sure, if in latest beta is any serious problem with them or now. Btw. what you think about adding support for SVG based cursors. May this be useful for anyone? (because it is doable now).

@balloni55: thanks, eye will be fine in "point screen". And same icons for "same function" - not exactly. Function in popup always loads all waypoints. Function in screen is some kind of "toggle button", that switch between loaded/unloaded

EDIT: btw, thanks for a log with crash at start. Probably fixed. And please, change your email from old support.locus to new locus.map@asamm.com which is only email where is officially support for Locus, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on December 14, 2015, 13:02:04
Hmm quite long and complicated discussion about cursors. I'm now not sure, if in latest beta is any serious problem with them or now. Btw. what you think about adding support for SVG based cursors. May this be useful for anyone? (because it is doable now).
There are a lot of compass svgs, but if there are more than 2 or 3 users will use this feature?
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on December 14, 2015, 13:02:04
what you think about adding support for SVG based cursors.
- all cursors as vector gfx (gps, network, cross, move, view and rotate_arrow) ?
- only one resize setting for all of them ?
- support means additional (pixel AND svg) ?

balloni55

QuoteAnd same icons for "same function" - not exactly. Function in popup always loads all waypoints
for me behavior "popup always loads all waypoints" is identically to "WPT tab" :-\
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •