[APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)

Started by Menion, August 09, 2015, 16:40:15

jusc

Quote from: menion on September 11, 2015, 16:37:31

Jusc: quite interesting result of new sorting. Anyway result is quite logical based on what I did. All maps from Locus Store (vector maps) are merged into own folders (folders with "L"). Rest remains in same structure as in previous versions. I'll try to improve it somehow, but not sure how. As I wrote, I wants to create a simplified system for basic users who has mainly maps from Locus Store.

But what I don´t understand, why Locus "creates" a "Germany folder" in my Europe folder and only puts the federal states of Germany into Europe-Germany, but not the Locus Germany complete map.

A solution?
Perhaps I can create  a "secret"  folder for me like mapsvector/Karten (Karten==German for maps) and you leave all maps untouched in this folder and subfolders?  After download  from store I can move new maps manually into this folder?

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Ah I see. Hmm interesting. Mainly it is interesting that your "Europe" folder has also icon with "L", which should mean that only Locus Store vector maps are inside. Do you really have latest 3.11.3.3 version? If so, you are using latest OAM maps? I'll have to download same maps as you to test it correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIt is possible to disable this behavior in settings > navigation > stick to track. In most cases, it is really useful. In case, you left the track and ride in opposite direction, it may be a temporary disabled, right?
do you mean "Snap to track" ? and if, this option isn´t checked
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on September 11, 2015, 18:31:09
Ah I see. Hmm interesting. Mainly it is interesting that your "Europe" folder has also icon with "L", which should mean that only Locus Store vector maps are inside. Do you really have latest 3.11.3.3 version? If so, you are using latest OAM maps? I'll have to download same maps as you to test it correctly.
Yes version 3.11.3.3.
And sure always latest OAM maps.  ;D
I only renamed the maps to distinguish them.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@jusc: ah, I've got it probably. So ... in next version it should be improved.

@balloni: hmm, yes, it I mean this settings. I hoped it helps. Seems not :)-
  •  

jajaballard

After selecting a map, all Locus map folders disappear from the offline maps list.
I assume root cause in using same map directories for current test and pro version.

The attached messages came up after:

- Choosing a offline map in one Locus version (test or pro)
- Shut down this version
- Open other version
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, new Beta version 3.11.3.4 just uploaded.

I've created during last few days, hopefully a nice surprise. Because I personally do not use this service, feedback will be welcome ;).

@jajaballard: thanks, I hope issue will be fixed in this beta version
  •  

jusc

Hmm,
Still not understand how the maps folders are sorted.
I have still a MAPSVECTOR-EUROPE  with non Locus maps,
but a Locus folder EUROPE with Germany regional maps.
And the complete Locus Germany map is in MAPSVECTOR (with green L) under Europe with other Locus maps.
Regards J.
  •  

jajaballard

For : "Improved chart tab in track"

Now I can have to points in my chart, which is fine. 

Can I also display delta values between this two points? ( eg. distance or elevation gain up)

See attachment
  •  

Menion

@jusc: all vector maps from Locus Store should be logically in folders with big "L", all other vector maps should be in folders in same system as in current Locus Pro version

@jajaballard: useful idea. Suggest to vote here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/on_the_graph_screen_select_a_part_of_the_graph_and_show_measurements_over_that_selection
  •  

john_percy

@menion: you may have sound commercial reasons for separating the Locus Store maps from the others and using folders with a big L but for me as an end user I don't see the point. It looks ugly and confusing. Better, IMHO, would be to flag the maps themselves with an L or similar and respect the actual folder tree arrangement.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Quote from: john_percy on September 16, 2015, 19:26:22
@menion: you may have sound commercial reasons for separating the Locus Store maps from the others and using folders with a big L but for me as an end user I don't see the point. It looks ugly and confusing. Better, IMHO, would be to flag the maps themselves with an L out similar and respect the actual folder tree arrangement.
+1
Thanks , for supporting
@menion,
What is a basic user? Only new Locus users?  ;)
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on September 16, 2015, 18:09:17
...should be logically...
what logic? :)

Quote from: john_percy on September 16, 2015, 19:26:22
you may have sound commercial reasons... It looks ugly and confusing...  Better flag the maps...
+1

Menion

Guys, you are probably missing a point of this new sorting.

1. Please check this topic once more: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/stop-showing-multiple-vector-maps-for-a-single-country-and-the-world-maps-into-a-separate-folder . Because I agreed with popescu idea, that is why this happen.

2. at start, all maps were in same structure, no matter if they were OAM, FZK or from Store. But since this critics http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4745.msg39013#msg39013 and following, I've started to separate them.

If anyone has better suggestion how to satisfy my needs to implement idea from point no. 1, I'll gladly listen.
  •  

john_percy

As I understand point 1, what is required is a structure like this:
MAPS (folder)
- EUROPE (folder)
- - France (map)
- - GERMANY (folder)
- - - Bavaria (map)
- - - Berlin (map)
The Germany folder is within the Europe folder. The Europe folder also contains single country maps. The Germany folder contains the maps of Germany. The display matches the physical attachment of folders.
For point 2, I had suggested a graphic 'L' beside the name of the map to indicate it is a Locus one, if that's what you want to do. As an alternative or in addition users can rename maps as already suggested.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •