[APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)

Started by Menion, August 09, 2015, 16:40:15

jusc

For theme development or someone who wants to switch fast  between Locus maps and other maps, like OAM, new map folders are still not usable.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: hmm interesting. Sorry, but I'm unable to simulate it, weird.

@0709: thanks, I'll check it. Hope that also in the field during weekend.

@jusc: why?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I can't find the Locus Store map Germany (complete).
Sometimes I see in Europe folder all European maps except the original Locus map. But I see Germany as folder with regional maps. But no Germany (complete).
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: jusc on September 09, 2015, 19:27:55
I can't find the Locus Store map Germany (complete).
Sometimes I see in Europe folder all European maps except the original Locus map. But I see Germany as folder with regional maps. But no Germany (complete).
have you tried:  "Refrech list" with 3-dot button top right ?
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Yes, as long as the display is on, I see the folders with a green L. After display switches  off and on, the green Ls are disappeared.
Before all European maps were in one folder, now the original Locus maps are in a different folder.
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

within a small screencast of folder behavior on my device

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

New export toggle button "Show Basic/Advanced Option"

- if i noticed it right, by default basic options are displayed and all options for gpx,kml/kmz are checked, but user didn´t noticed this. :-[

- if user export CSV,TCX or DXF this button is useless ::)

- so my question: what is the benefit of this toggle button?

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: balloni55 on September 09, 2015, 08:12:31
- start V 3.11.3.3
- open Maps/OFFLINE, all folders are visible
- close Maps screen
- open Maps, folders with "L" are gone
i have to "Refrech list" with 3-dot button to get "L" folders back

exactly the same problem here, too.  :(
  •  

Menion

Ah finally got it, thanks guys, mainly @balloni55, fixed! (issue with lost maps after first open of map manager)

@balloni55:
Also good point with "Advanced button" for CSV and other exports, thanks for it - fixed.

Defaults:
- "Export generated description" - disabled
- "Export as route" - disabled
- GPX 1.1

So if you had something enabled, you had to do it manually before

And why this? Again as on other places where I use such button - to reduce number of visible options for basic users. This comes from discussion here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/importing-routes-without-arrows . If anyone has better idea how to simplify it, my ears are open.

•  

jusc

@menion
I can´t est it now,
Is it possible to put Locus maps from store into the same folder as other maps and to use them with one click alternately?
Example:
open folder mapsvector\Europe and see
mapsvector\Europe\Germany (Locus)
mapsvector\Europe\Germany (OpenAndroAMaps)
mapsvector\Europe\Germany (Freizeitkarte)
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hmm interesting idea, but I cannot recognize source of maps except our own maps, so this is not possible. Because most users use only maps from Locus Store, they will see maps correctly in one folder marked with "L". If there will be more maps, not just from Locus Store, rest of maps use same system as was before. I currently see no better solution to satisfy my needs to simplify things and your (users here) needs to be able to choose quickly map you need.
  •  

jusc

I can do it by myself. But the question is, if I can move and rename maps from Locus store to a folder of my choice and if it works as wanted.
It´s easier to compare the appearance of themes with differnt maps.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

What I meant:
in older versions it looks like v2.png

in new beta version
it looks like

Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

Navigation test with bike

Settings:
- BRouter
- out of track notification 100m
- Distance for recalculate 50m
- Auto-recalculation ,,Route priority"

Please take a look on my screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/edv4r9vufmtfgmh/Navigate%20Route%20priority.mp4?dl=0

0:27 shape advice "703m left" althought it must be ~ "300m left"
0:30 I leave the track
0:44 distance 123m recalculation, shape advice "arrow straight forward", blue navigation arrow point backward. Distance grow up to 120m, no advice to turn!
1:16 recalculation
1:59 I reach the track (peak of red/yello arrow), 180m to last recalculated point !
2:11 after ~ 50m I am back on track again, locus realize this.

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni and 0709, nice testing, thanks. I was testing it today and really, result was quite tragic. Mainly because of what 0709 wrote - recalculation always compute track to some points, on already recalculated track. So it always force to you return back to track along the track you left main route. This should be improved.

About some interesting results from MapQuest - MapQuest has one huge advantage compare to other engines - it is able to consider also your current bearing and speed and compute optimal route based on this. This explains what happen on last 0709 video.

About what happen in balloni's video in 0:44 - when you are really close to track, Locus update your location and bearing to match current track. Because of this, you see blue arrow in oposite direction. It is possible to disable this behavior in settings > navigation > stick to track. In most cases, it is really useful. In case, you left the track and ride in opposite direction, it may be a temporary disabled, right?

Jusc: quite interesting result of new sorting. Anyway result is quite logical based on what I did. All maps from Locus Store (vector maps) are merged into own folders (folders with "L"). Rest remains in same structure as in previous versions. I'll try to improve it somehow, but not sure how. As I wrote, I wants to create a simplified system for basic users who has mainly maps from Locus Store.
  •